Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Post by 93Bulldog »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 pm If NY vs. Warren in football and basketball aren't good matchups, why does NY continually vote yes for Warren to rejoin the TVC?

I think the basketball game would be a good measuring stick, much like NY vs. Logan is in football when that game is played, even though Logan leads the all-time series by a large margin.

Honestly, I'm not sure coach Maddox would really want his Warriors in the TVC. Locked into 10 games versus avg DIII teams that have had little success, at least in the tournament, over the last 10-15 years. Vinton County has made it work, so it's not all bad, but Warren tends to play up a lot in basketball and really challenges themselves to get ready for post season play. I may be completely wrong and coach Maddox really wants in, but his track record of scheduling says otherwise.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Maddox literally told me he wants in the TVC bad. There would be no bigger game in seo than Vinton vs Warren
Last edited by Raider6309 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Binary wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:51 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:37 pm
Binary wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 pm.

FYI: If any of you want the actual facts you can get the minutes via public records request.
How exactly do I do that? I'm not gonna do a radio show about the topic until I have facts. Public records where? I don't even know where the meeting was held.
Contact the TVC Secretary ( Wellston's principal) and make a public records request for the minutes and any notes of discussion pertaining to the meeting of the TVC Board of Control held on April 11, 2018.
Thank you!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:30 pm Maddox literally told me he wants in the TVC bad. There would be no bigger game in seo than Vinton vs Warren
Sure there would be. Athens vs Warren. Duh

lol

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Binary wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:01 pm NY voted yes for Warren but no for 3 divisions.
There was no vote on 3 divisions. But according to the discussions NY is for 3 divisions. NY, Athens, Trimble, Southern and Waterford voted for Warren to enter. Athens and Waterford were the only votes for Marietta.

FYI: If any of you want the actual facts you can get the minutes via public records request.
Glad to see Athens supported both getting in.

Dexter Morgan
Riding the Bench

Post by Dexter Morgan »

enigmaax wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:13 pm
warrior90 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:58 pm For the last few years I had hoped Warren would get to play again in the TVC. But it is obvious they do not want us and we should stop trying. I think at this time, we should see what we can do east, maybe even the PVC and continue in the OVAC. I know we don't fit, but if we feel the need for a league maybe that is the answer. Also, I would recommend leaving the southeast district and join the east district as Fort Frye already does. Maybe Fort frye stays in PVC if teams as Marietta and Cambridge goes to PVC. I also recommend not playing anymore teams from the southeast if we go to the east district so we can start learning some of the teams we will play in tourney time. Just my opinion from a frustrated Warrior!!
I’m curious as to why Warren joined the OVAC and then hasn’t seemed to embrace it all. If I saw it correctly, both the basketball team and the baseball team would’ve qualified for the OVAC tournament (last year both and this year basketball) but maybe didn’t play the minimum number of OVAC games? And wrestling didn’t even bother with the OVAC tournament.

I wonder if it is just difficult to get games or if they haven’t tried or don’t care or if there’s something I’m missing. I love the OVAC set up and thought it’d make things worthwhile from a league standpoint.
Some Warren teams/programs have embraced the OVAC. Warren won the OVAC in golf last year. The cross country and track teams also participate in the OVAC meet. Softball and volleyball qualified for the tournament in 2016, losing in the semi finals. The baseball team has scheduled enough games each season, qualifying for the tournament in 2017. They beat Parkersburg South in the semi-finals and lost to Morgrantown in the championship.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Dexter Morgan wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Some Warren teams/programs have embraced the OVAC. Warren won the OVAC in golf last year. The cross country and track teams also participate in the OVAC meet. Softball and volleyball qualified for the tournament in 2016, losing in the semi finals. The baseball team has scheduled enough games each season, qualifying for the tournament in 2017. They beat Parkersburg South in the semi-finals and lost to Morgrantown in the championship.
Good info. I do recall that about baseball now that you mention it. My bad on that. I noticed that soccer & girls basketball were both left out in addition to boys bball and wrestling.

Maybe you know the answers to these questions, which are just my own curiosity. In wrestling, do you have to schedule a certain number of matches throughout the year against OVAC teams or just sign up for the one weekend tournament? And then for those sports who are or aren’t playing for OVAC titles, is it up to the individual coaches as to whether to try and pursue a schedule that would qualify or is the AD making that decision for each sport?

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

Keyser_sozeThrice wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:03 pm Agree with 93Bulldog about media covering this.

TVC has NEVER wanted its laundry aired out.

Marietta Times should be the paper covering this episode, but hasn't.

And folks, ya'll need to accept and come to grips with reality that TVC is NOT going to 3 divisions and NOT letting anyone else in.

Probably in our lifetimes.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!" - Ghostbusters :mrgreen: :!:
Mark it down, a few of us won't rest until we have 3 divisions. We're not giving up, and we're not going away. Leave no doubt about that. :evil:

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Why wasn't this story ever reported in the news? I never seen one article online that talked about the vote.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I think that speaks volumes of the interest in seeing them in the TVC.

We been talking about this for what 2 or 3 straight years? I can't picture anyone who cares not knowing all the ends and outs.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:00 pm Why wasn't this story ever reported in the news? I never seen one article online that talked about the vote.
Journalism is dead

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Well I know the Athens Messenger only has limited space since they cover critical things like finding five differences between these two pictures and the top ten lists of different Messenger employees on various nonsense topics. Today’s paper gives us thirty total places three people like to go on vacation. Journalism at its finest.

Oh wait, did I say that out loud? That’s something you are supposed to think but not speak! :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:42 pm Well I know the Athens Messenger only has limited space since they cover critical things like finding five differences between these two pictures and the top ten lists of different Messenger employees on various nonsense topics. Today’s paper gives us thirty total places three people like to go on vacation. Journalism at its finest.

Oh wait, did I say that out loud? That’s something you are supposed to think but not speak! :lol:

The messenger screwed up with the early curfew. Always a day slow. But the messenger is about the best compared to the others.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

TVC should never go to three divisions, it is fine how it is. Only change that could be good, is adding one more team to the Ohio

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:45 pm TVC should never go to three divisions, it is fine how it is. Only change that could be good, is adding one more team to the Ohio
From a football point of veiw I agree, but for NY, we can't compete year in and year out in the other sports.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

The newspaper that should have been covering THIS episode of "As the TVC Turns", since it involves Marietta AND Warren, is The Marietta Times.

They didn't for some reason.

The TVC President is Wahama principal Kenny Bond.

Thus, you can argue that the Pomeroy Daily Sentinel/Point Pleasant Register should be open to reporting on this. But I will just say there are reasons - both personal and professional - why I choose to leave the Pomeroy Daily Sentinel/Point Pleasant Register/Gallipolis Daily Tribune. You can DM me on that if you care that much.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!" - Ghostbusters :mrgreen: :!:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:07 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:42 pm Well I know the Athens Messenger only has limited space since they cover critical things like finding five differences between these two pictures and the top ten lists of different Messenger employees on various nonsense topics. Today’s paper gives us thirty total places three people like to go on vacation. Journalism at its finest.

The messenger screwed up with the early curfew. Always a day slow. But the messenger is about the best compared to the others.
There is no doubt the Messenger totally screwed the sports guys with the early deadline. Had the Messenger at my front doorstep since as far back as I can remember. First, in the afternoon when I got out of school, then they changed it to morning, now its completely worthless. My dad had been a subscriber for over 40 years, but recently cancelled it. Honestly, I'd be surprised if they didn't stop printing within a year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I have online, they need to make online for all the papers they own

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

Word from the French City is GA is going to join Jackson and Warren in approaching the TVC in June or July about possible expansion. From what I was told they hope Marietta and Logan will join the party to pledge a three division breakdown. Won't this mule ever subside from the beatings? :ugeek:

Steelers - Blue Devils - Eagles
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Steegal wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:01 pm Word from the French City is GA is going to join Jackson and Warren in approaching the TVC in June or July about possible expansion. From what I was told they hope Marietta and Logan will join the party to pledge a three division breakdown. Won't this mule ever subside from the beatings? :ugeek:
They should just reform the seoal and be done with it. Maybe they can talk Athens into joining lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”