Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

TVC
Varsity

Re: Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Post by TVC »

Let them both in as well as Ravenswood and Fort Frye.

Athens
VC
Marietta
Warren
NY

Alex
Wellston
RV
Meigs
Ravenswood

Waterford
Miller
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre

Eastern
Southern
SG
FH
Wahama

Travel times would be great for all. Better than now or equal to current.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Dundas,

I listened to your podcast on this issue. I liked it very much and I will try to make an effort to listen in the future. You guys are doing a great job promoting the kids!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

TVC wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:54 am Let them both in as well as Ravenswood and Fort Frye.

Athens
VC
Marietta
Warren
NY

Alex
Wellston
RV
Meigs
Ravenswood

Waterford
Miller
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre

Eastern
Southern
SG
FH
Wahama

Personally, I was against Wahama and would not favor any additional WV schools. Just to many headaches around starting and stopping times with each sport schedules as WV does it very different from Ohio. The SEOAL saw this from the get go when they added Point Pleasant, WV.

The TVC should be an Ohio only member conference.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Glad everyone is making the fuel cost argument. It was the centerpiece as to why Athens left the SEOAL, especially when Zanesville, Ironton, Portsmouth and Chillicothe joined. Yeah, I know, they voted yes to those schools, but later regretted it when their teams were getting home at 1 AM on weeknights - and fuel costs sky rocketed.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

I'm not sure where you folks are getting your information, but Athens voted "no" on every vote that has come up on expansion. NY voted "yes" each time. NY, SG and Southern voted "yes" the last time. All others have voted "no."

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

It is a matter of time I would think until TVC Ohio adds the 8th team - Warren seems to be the obvious choice. Bigger school, Harbin point potential in football (at least until they get better) helps D3 Athens, helps D4 VC/Meigs, helps D5 Alexander, RV and Wellston, helps D6 NY. I think I got those divisions right lol.

Natural rivalry in Basketball with the two big boys Athens and VC.

No brainer it would seem.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:00 pm It is a matter of time I would think until TVC Ohio adds the 8th team - Warren seems to be the obvious choice. Bigger school, Harbin point potential in football (at least until they get better) helps D3 Athens, helps D4 VC/Meigs, helps D5 Alexander, RV and Wellston, helps D6 NY. I think I got those divisions right lol.

Natural rivalry in Basketball with the two big boys Athens and VC.

No brainer it would seem.
Yes it makes sense. And let's get this thing divided up into three divisions so that NY teams can compete for championships. It's not fair to make them compete against the bigger schools and have no chance of winning a title.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

TVC wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:54 am Let them both in as well as Ravenswood and Fort Frye.

Athens
VC
Marietta
Warren
NY

Alex
Wellston
RV
Meigs
Ravenswood

Waterford
Miller
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre

Eastern
Southern
SG
FH
Wahama

NY is D6 but you want them with the big schools?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Athens
VC
Marietta
Warren
NY

Alex
Wellston
RV
Meigs
Ravenswood

Waterford
Miller
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre

Eastern
Southern
SG
FH
Wahama

No way. NY should be in with the third group. It's only fair that NY teams have a chance to win league titles.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

If we do what an ealier poster said and bring in Warren, Marietta, Ravenswood and Fort Frye, here's how it should look.

Athens
VC
Marietta
Warren
Meigs

Alex
Wellston
RV
Fort Frye
Ravenswood

FH
Miller
Trimble
NY
Belpre

Eastern
Southern
SG
Waterford
Wahama

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Dundas wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:41 am Since we use so much fuel to get kids to school each month, maybe we should just do away with sports altogether? I'd imagine Logan uses the same amount if not more to bus their kids to school each month. Are they complaining about a 65 mile trip that is 65% 4 lane?

You may not remember, you were either still in school or just graduated, but fuel cost sky rocketed after 9/11. Pre 9/11, you could get gasoline for under a buck. Heck, I remember paying .59 cents in 2000. But after the terrorist attacks, this country changed, in just every aspect of our daily life, especially economically. At one point, gasoline was nearly $4 a gallon in some places. And while you were either in or out of school, there was a talk of pay-to-play. However, the district sucked it up and rode it out, because pay-to-play would have crippled our sports programs. Who was going to pay-to-play in economically disadvantage area like ours? Our free lunch or reduce lunch program is over 65 to 70% participation rate. Who's going to pay?

So today, fuel prices are still high, but manageable, but still a significant cost. In fact, as I understand it, if you are just a regular teacher and want to take a field trip somewhere, like COSI for example, the teachers have to help raise money to defer transportation costs. That is the state of the world that we live in today. There are costs, and some are huge.

Furthermore, I don't care what Logan does. That is not my community.

Next, as outlined here, adding Warren and Marietta and restructuring, just simply means that Vinton County has joined the old SEOAL.

Athens
Marietta
Warren
Vinton County

Might has well ask Gallia and Logan to join.

Where does the rivalries go? Alexander? Wellston? Nelsonville-York?

If this happens, I can see Vinton County leaving and maybe petitioning the SVC or the FAC.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Athens
VC
Marietta
Warren
NY

Alex
Wellston
RV
Meigs
Ravenswood

Waterford
Miller
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre

Eastern
Southern
SG
FH
Wahama

I think NY should be in with the big schools, and judging on the tradition of our program we would be able to compete and win titles, plus a lot of playoff points.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Athens
VC
Marietta
Warren
NY

Alex
Wellston
RV
Meigs
Ravenswood

Waterford
Miller
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre

Eastern
Southern
SG
FH
Wahama

I think NY should be in with the big schools, and judging on the tradition of our program we would be able to compete and win titles, plus a lot of playoff points.
It won't be to much longer we will be D7.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:37 pm

Which would be even more points for us haha but yea you could argue it either way I think. In all honesty I hate the 3 division idea, and say we add Warren and play ball

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

For the Hocking Division, if non-conference schedule or travel is an issue, I can see Fort Frye added make 10 for football (no divisions) and then create divisions in the Hocking to ease travel a bit while maintaining a 16 game conference schedule.

East:
Belpre
Fort Frye
Miller
Trimble
Waterford

West:
Eastern
Federal Hocking
South Gallia
Southern
Wahama

For the Ohio Division, that is where things get tricky in my opinion. I think the TVC adds Warren to get to 8 and that's it, but I would like to see Gallia Academy and Oak Hill added as well, but Gallia Acadmey probably won't leave the OVC. Oak Hill I think would be interested, but probably wouldn't leave the SOC even with their football moving up to SOC II as they would have to play Athens and Warren annually in football (no divisions in football) and at least once in all other sports.

East:
Alexander
Athens
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Warren

West:
Gallia Academy
Oak Hill
River Valley
Vinton County
Wellston

Marietta I think is too large in size (their location doesn't help either) unless they are added to create a 3rd division and do divisions of 7 (which increases travel and creates scheduling difficulties again unless the TVC goes to 22-24, which I can't see happening). A few years ago I could see the idea of a 3rd division, but with Jackson and Gallia Academy in a league, soon maybe Logan, and no one likes Point Pleasant who is independent still I think, 20 is the largest I can see the TVC to cut down travel, but 18 being the most realistic, and they stay 2 main divisions.

Hocking (no divisions in football)
East:
Belpre
Fort Frye
Miller
Trimble
Waterford
West:
Eastern
Federal Hocking
South Gallia
Southern
Wahama

Ohio:
Alexander
Athens
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
River Valley
Vinton County
Warren
Wellston

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:37 pm

Ny could even play cross over games with trimble and fort

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Pat wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:39 pm If we do what an ealier poster said and bring in Warren, Marietta, Ravenswood and Fort Frye, here's how it should look.

Athens
VC
Marietta
Warren
Meigs

Alex
Wellston
RV
Fort Frye
Ravenswood

FH
Miller
Trimble
NY
Belpre

Eastern
Southern
SG
Waterford
Wahama

This travel would be terrible for Fort they need to be in the 3rd group.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

GoBucks1047 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:00 pm For the Hocking Division, if non-conference schedule or travel is an issue, I can see Fort Frye added make 10 for football (no divisions) and then create divisions in the Hocking to ease travel a bit while maintaining a 16 game conference schedule.

East:
Belpre
Fort Frye
Miller
Trimble
Waterford

West:
Eastern
Federal Hocking
South Gallia
Southern
Wahama

For the Ohio Division, that is where things get tricky in my opinion. I think the TVC adds Warren to get to 8 and that's it, but I would like to see Gallia Academy and Oak Hill added as well, but Gallia Acadmey probably won't leave the OVC. Oak Hill I think would be interested, but probably wouldn't leave the SOC even with their football moving up to SOC II as they would have to play Athens and Warren annually in football (no divisions in football) and at least once in all other sports.

East:
Alexander
Athens
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Warren

West:
Gallia Academy
Oak Hill
River Valley
Vinton County
Wellston

Marietta I think is too large in size (their location doesn't help either) unless they are added to create a 3rd division and do divisions of 7 (which increases travel and creates scheduling difficulties again unless the TVC goes to 22-24, which I can't see happening). A few years ago I could see the idea of a 3rd division, but with Jackson and Gallia Academy in a league, soon maybe Logan, and no one likes Point Pleasant who is independent still I think, 20 is the largest I can see the TVC to cut down travel, but 18 being the most realistic, and they stay 2 main divisions.

Hocking (no divisions in football)
East:
Belpre
Fort Frye
Miller
Trimble
Waterford
West:
Eastern
Federal Hocking
South Gallia
Southern
Wahama

Ohio:
Alexander
Athens
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
River Valley
Vinton County
Warren
Wellston

Sign Fort up.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

When will the TVC vote on admitting them to the conference? That's the important thing.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

madpolecat wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:38 am When will the TVC vote on admitting them to the conference? That's the important thing.

April 11th is the next meeting.

Return to “Football”