Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Post by Raider6309 »

Basically a whole league of schools want in the TVC.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:57 pm Basically a whole league of schools want in the TVC.
Minus Jackson

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider have you heard anything about Athens V Jackson week 1

I know Jackson has reached out to Athens . It won't happen overnight but this game is a no brainer

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Basically the winner is in the driver seat for the playoffs as it's a big points game

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:03 pm Raider have you heard anything about Athens V Jackson week 1

I know Jackson has reached out to Athens . It won't happen overnight but this game is a no brainer
I hope so. Playing Warren is like taking a L since they offer no points

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:13 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:03 pm Raider have you heard anything about Athens V Jackson week 1

I hope so. Playing Warren is like taking a L since they offer no points
Agreed it's like playing 9 games. I think Athens Jackson would be very competitive . Neither one are factors in region 11 but two solid local programs .

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

When does week 1 with Wellston end? I think Athens only has a one year deal with Fairland week 2

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

IF Warren had been the only issue to be voted on, then I think they would have gotten in to the Ohio.

Too many issues to be decided in one meeting.

Adding 1 team to the Ohio, Warren, settles a lot of scheduling problems for the Ohio schools.

I like the idea of 3 divisions but it will never fly. In my opinion, there are to many schools in the Hocking and I do not advocate kicking anyone out, which by the way, isn't allowed under current TVC rules.

TVC ADs really don't have any power. They are simply mouthpieces at best for their Supers who are the real power behind the throne. All the ADs are good for in the TVC is to collect the gate monies, which at some schools are very little, schedule games, try to find coaches for most of their programs, serve as a whipping boy from the Super or their HS principles and basically catch holy heck from the parents. The real fun is trying to align a conference to be the best it can be and that has been taken out of their hands.

Let Warren into the Ohio and then close the book. The travel to Vincent isn't that bad and they have good facilities and will be getting even better ones in less that 5 years.

Just my opinion.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Mister Bee wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:06 pm IF Warren had been the only issue to be voted on, then I think they would have gotten in to the Ohio.

Too many issues to be decided in one meeting.

Adding 1 team to the Ohio, Warren, settles a lot of scheduling problems for the Ohio schools.

I like the idea of 3 divisions but it will never fly. In my opinion, there are to many schools in the Hocking and I do not advocate kicking anyone out, which by the way, isn't allowed under current TVC rules.

TVC ADs really don't have any power. They are simply mouthpieces at best for their Supers who are the real power behind the throne. All the ADs are good for in the TVC is to collect the gate monies, which at some schools are very little, schedule games, try to find coaches for most of their programs, serve as a whipping boy from the Super or their HS principles and basically catch holy heck from the parents. The real fun is trying to align a conference to be the best it can be and that has been taken out of their hands.

Let Warren into the Ohio and then close the book. The travel to Vincent isn't that bad and they have good facilities and will be getting even better ones in less that 5 years.

Just my opinion.
Yes if the AD's were running it we would have 3 divisions by now. Our AD would be directed to vote for it, and I know enough others would vote for it as well. But all is not lost. There are a few of us that will not give up until we have 3 cause our athletes deserve to have the opportunity to compete for league titles in all sports. Any thing less is a disenfranchisement to them, and we won't stand for that. And don't give me any crap about FH not being able to compete against us either. That's their problem and to be honest I don't think their powers that be care if they can or not.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Two things:
1, I agree with you on Fed but, I thought this way to get Warren and Marietta in--or at least Warren. How does Fed enter into that?

2, The TVC Hocking is a football playoff generating machine and they do pretty well in the Basketball Sectional.
Why would they break that up to accommodate Warren?

I'll add a 3rd, how many of these schools that are chomping at the bit, according to you, are playing Warren in football? Are playing them home and away in other sports?

That is the true gauge of the level of interest. If Wellston, VC, RV, and NY aren't playing home and away with Warren in Basketball now.......

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hocking should dump
South Galia and Wahama and bring in Fort Frye.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:18 pm Hocking should dump
South Galia and Wahama and bring in Fort Frye.
Can't kick teams out.. It's in the by-laws.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

fortdawg wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:57 pm Two things:
1, I agree with you on Fed but, I thought this was to get Warren and Marietta in--or at least Warren. How does Fed enter into that?

2, The TVC Hocking is a football playoff generating machine and they do pretty well in the Basketball Sectional.

I'll add a 3rd, how many of these schools that are chomping at the bit, according to you, are playing Warren in football? Are playing them home and away in other sports?

That is the true gauge of the level of interest. If Wellston, VC, RV, and NY aren't playing home and away with Warren in Basketball now.......

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

fortdawg wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:57 pm Two things:
1, I agree with you on Fed but, I thought this way to get Warren and Marietta in--or at least Warren. How does Fed enter into that?

The underlined schools will probably be in the middle division, and so will FH. That's why I mentioned FH.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Both Warren and Marietta should join a league closer to them, or form a new one up there.
I'm sure parents from VC, Wellston and RV, (the farthest 3 away) don't want to drive to these schools, especially on a school night, during wrestling and basketball season. Let alone any other time of the year! But, we aren't asked, so it doesn't really matter what any of us think.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Rvfan wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:45 pm Both Warren and Marietta should join a league closer to them, or form a new one up there.
I'm sure parents from VC, Wellston and RV, (the farthest 3 away) don't want to drive to these schools, especially on a school night, during wrestling and basketball season. Let alone any other time of the year! But, we aren't asked, so it doesn't really matter what any of us think.
It's funny, no parents from Waterford, Belpre or Miller were asked about driving to SG on a week night. Nor parents from NY about going all the way to RV. But you people were let in and now how ironic you complain about a possible drive to another school. :oops: SMDH

Sharon Peters
Waterboy

Ironton to the TVC Ohio

Post by Sharon Peters »

I was at a track meet this past weekend and I overheard a conversation between a couple of ADs about how the TVC would consider expansion but it has to be the right fit. So, I inserted myself into the conversation and both men were willing to talk on the condition of anonymity. They felt strongly that the school in question needed to be one with a long and storied athletic history and also needed to have the kind of facilities that would help the TVC stand out. In addition, they only want to add one team. I was very surprised to hear them mention that if Ironton would apply, they would listen.

Would this be a good move? Thoughts?

koondoger
JV Team

Re: Ironton to the TVC Ohio

Post by koondoger »

Sharon Peters wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:16 pm I was at a track meet this past weekend and I overheard a conversation between a couple of ADs about how the TVC would consider expansion but it has to be the right fit. So, I inserted myself into the conversation and both men were willing to talk on the condition of anonymity. They felt strongly that the school in question needed to be one with a long and storied athletic history and also needed to have the kind of facilities that would help the TVC stand out. In addition, they only want to add one team. I was very surprised to hear them mention that if Ironton would apply, they would listen.

Would this be a good move? Thoughts?
I never thought of Ironton, but it would make sense. They've played several of the TVC schools in the past and it would be some competition for NY in football. So I say bring them in.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

not gonna happen, travel is local where they are. and it's a great fit. they are one of the smaller schools in the ovc. it's not your ole ironton tiger team.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Yeah I can see the writing on the wall. Think the TVC will let them in? They all ready apply?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”