Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Re: Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Post by rockcoach »

From what I suspect. Warren will get no more than
seven yes votes. Any more would surprise me.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens wants to be the big fish in the pond and will never vote yes to any school that has a chance to beat them. If Warren/Marietta are voted on and Athens votes no the league needs to kick the dogs out of the league.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:37 am Athens wants to be the big fish in the pond and will never vote yes to any school that has a chance to beat them. If Warren/Marietta are voted on and Athens votes no the league needs to kick the dogs out of the league.
Athens voted yes to Warren and they voted yes to Jackson when they applied.
I can't see them changing their minds this time.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Wellston will definitely vote no on Marietta. Too big and too far away. Warren is a little different. Wellston just got Oak Hill back on their schedule for week 4 in 2021 and 2022 so if Warren joins that game won't happen unless moved to another week and with the dropping of the Jackson game after 2019 Wellston will need the gate money Oak Hill would bring in. However it would make scheduling a little easier and eliminate the bye week and at the moment Warren is way down in football but so was Athens when they joined . But, like Marietta Warren is much larger than Wellston and i don't think Wellston wants another big school in their conference.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens will vote yes if they know most other will vote no. Just wanting to make themselves look good.
Can't blame Wellston if they voted no on Marietta or Warren. Traveling any direction on 93 is terrible.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:23 am Athens will vote yes if they know most other will vote no. Just wanting to make themselves look good.
Can't blame Wellston if they voted no on Marietta or Warren. Traveling any direction on 93 is terrible.
They voted yes last time when Warren applied. Get your facts straight before posting. Just a suggestion.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:29 am
noreply66 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:23 am Athens will vote yes if they know most other will vote no. Just wanting to make themselves look good.
They voted yes last time when Warren applied. Get your facts straight before posting. Just a suggestion.
Because they knew there wouldn't be the votes to get them in. Facks are straight :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Gibbs did come from Warren so Athens will be Warren's biggest supporter in the league. The biggest thing keeping Warren out was Vinton County but most Vinton County people now seem to want Warren back in.

Marietta has no chance since everyone knows Marietta will leave the TVC for another league

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Athens voted for both Warren and Jackson on the last membership vote.

If you are going to travel to Warren then why is 10 more minutes to Marietta, on a 4 lane road, to far to travel?

I have been advocating for years that the TVC should add both Warren and Marietta AND go to 3 divisions. Any crossover games inside the conference would treated as a non-conference game. This allows for much easier late season scheduling if needed.

It is time to make this happen. Old grudges need to die along with the people who held these grudges. The smaller schools won't have to play these 2 larger schools so they really don't have to worry. I know that you need a 75% yes vote to get in so the small schools will have sway. Let the backroom deal making begin.

I would surely think that Belpre would be a yes on both schools because they have in the past. Plus, Warren is back on Belpre's football schedule in 2019.
Last edited by Mister Bee on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I can't believe that we are hearing and seeing this same song and dance again. I don't think it will happen, just because of the average distance added to and from Warren and Marietta.

The problem with this, is that everyone looks at this through the prism of football. You have to take in other considerations, such as JV sports, girls sports, and non-revenue generating sports. Since I coach golf, lets look at that. Would I, or Marietta or Warren's coach, let alone kids, with homework, and other responsibilities, want to board a bus on a Wednesday afternoon, probably missing some instructional time, to get to a match that could be 70 plus miles away?

Personally, I am sorry that SEOAL and ECOL didn't work out. However, why does everyone insist that the TVC just accept it. It wasn't the TVC fault that the SEOAL imploded.

I think from the Vinton County perspective, why vote to have them in to increase travel, not only for the student/athlete, but for our fans also. Plus, with the addition of Warren and Marietta, would probably mean restructuring. Then, basically Vinton County would be in the Old SEOAL.

Athens
Marietta
Meigs
Vinton County
Warren

Might have just as well, ask Gallia and Logan to join.

I am sorry, this is not good for Vinton County on any level. And I, don't think there is a large contingent behind having Warren or Marietta in the TVC. But again, I don't make that decision.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:35 am
93Bulldog wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:29 am
Because they knew there wouldn't be the votes to get them in. Facks are straight :lol:
Yeah, Athens really doesn't give a darn about perception. So I highly doubt they voted yes to look good.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Right :lol: :lol: :lol: I know this guy that wants to sell some great land :lol: :lol: :lol:

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

HECK NO thats ridiculous send them back to where they came from!!!!! the TVC needs to stay the same!!!

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Expand that TVC. Heck, you might get Frontier and River to join. Make it as big as your imagination takes it.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm not a fan of having a 3rd division.
Add Warren to the Ohio so it fixes the scheduling and call it a day.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:07 pm I'm not a fan of having a 3rd division.
Add Warren to the Ohio so it fixes the scheduling and call it a day.
I agree. I have a feeling they will finally get in

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Agree with O&B, I hate the 3 division idea. I would also love to see Warren get in the Ohio. I know it’s not going to happen or every will anytime soon or at all, but would like to see River Valley out of the TVC and have Marietta in the Ohio if they applied. Anybody know when we will have an answer?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens plays Warren in EVERYTHING noreply, doesnt matter if its a league game or not. That's probably why they voted yes.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It matters because it would be a league loss

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Will Fort Frye ever join the TVC Hocking?

Return to “Football”