Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Re: Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Post by Truth&fiction »

Let Warren in . Leave Marietta out for they have a league and the matchups ( another college town) makes little sense . Warren would be a reliable member for years . Athens makes little sense for the TVC also. But who would want them?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens has been good for the TVC revenue wise and facilities.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The ECOL is dying for the same reasons the SEOAL died. Marietta won't have a league much longer.

Having said that, I would be surprised if Marietta is voted into the TVC. While I personally wouldn't mind the Tigers being in the TVC, I know that adding two schools is just going to keep the TVC OHIO where it is now in terms of scheduling logistics. We just need to add one more team to not have the scheduling problems, and I believe that Warren is much more likely to be voted in over Marietta. Road trips to Marietta would be nice though --- great facilities and a great town with historic buildings, restaurants, etc. Nice little road trip.

Add one to the TVC OHIO and call it a day. Warren is the best option. Really, one of the only options. Realistically, the only other schools that might make sense in the TVC OHIO in terms of geography would be Gallia Academy or Oak Hill or Fort Frye. And those schools aren't necessarily looking for a new conference, plus Fort Frye may prefer to be in the Hocking with Waterford and Belpre. So maybe Fort Frye is the answer to the Hocking's scheduling problems.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Not to change the subject within this thread, but if anyone from Fort Frye is reading this, if Fort Frye were to join the TVC, would you rather be in the TVC OHIO or TVC HOCKING? In the TVC OHIO, you would be like Nelsonville-York and share the smallest school title with NY. In the TVC HOCKING, you would be the largest school. Like NY, your size straddles you between both.

Kid Green
Waterboy

Post by Kid Green »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:54 pm The ECOL is dying for the same reasons the SEOAL died. Marietta won't have a league much longer.

Having said that, I would be surprised if Marietta is voted into the TVC. While I personally wouldn't mind the Tigers being in the TVC, I know that adding two schools is just going to keep the TVC OHIO where it is now in terms of scheduling logistics. We just need to add one more team to not have the scheduling problems, and I believe that Warren is much more likely to be voted in over Marietta. Road trips to Marietta would be nice though --- great facilities and a great town with historic buildings, restaurants, etc. Nice little road trip.

Add one to the TVC OHIO and call it a day. Warren is the best option. Really, one of the only options. Realistically, the only other schools that might make sense in the TVC OHIO in terms of geography would be Gallia Academy or Oak Hill or Fort Frye. And those schools aren't necessarily looking for a new conference, plus Fort Frye may prefer to be in the Hocking with Waterford and Belpre. So maybe Fort Frye is the answer to the Hocking's scheduling problems.
Bring da Fort in to da Hockn. We be ready for dem to make it even. :mrgreen:

Dat wat da Kid be sayin! :mrgreen:
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

We'll get the answer today.

Meetswinger
Waterboy

Post by Meetswinger »

fortdawg wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:35 am We'll get the answer today.
I'm telling you right now if they try to get rid of SG there will be he11 to pay. I worked to long to connive and scheme to get them in to go away quietly. :evil:

Shake”N”Bake

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

Meetswinger wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:08 pm
I'm telling you right now if they try to get rid of SG there will be he11 to pay. I worked to long to connive and scheme to get them in to go away quietly. :evil:
Get rid of SG and Wahama

Meetswinger
Waterboy

Post by Meetswinger »

Shake”N”Bake wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:20 pm
Meetswinger wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:08 pm
Get rid of SG and Wahama
Get rid of Trimble. Why don't they nut up and move to the Ohio? That would solve all the scheduling problems without adding anyone.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Trimble wont "nut up" and move up because they lack the seeds to make a move like that. They arent cut and runners like some in our county but they also dont pack the same gear we be packing in Buchtel.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Well, the cowardly voice was heard again. Only two Ohio Division teams to vote yes for Warren. What a joke this is. Our teams deserve to be able to compete for championships. SMDH

lugs
Riding the Bench

Post by lugs »

who were the two teams to vote yes, does anyone know?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Pat wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:26 pm Well, the cowardly voice was heard again. Only two Ohio Division teams to vote yes for Warren. What a joke this is. Our teams deserve to be able to compete for championships. SMDH
The use of the word “deserve” may be indicative of the vote. Your deserves comes at what price? The disruption of an well established conference? I am sorry and wish nothing but the best for the Warren and Marietta communities.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

So neither got in?

Shake”N”Bake

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

Pitstop Billy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:14 pm Trimble wont "nut up" and move up because they lack the seeds to make a move like that. They arent cut and runners like some in our county but they also dont pack the same gear we be packing in Buchtel.
So you want the smallest D7 school in the hocking NUT UP and move. Thats the funniest poop I have heard. As for packing the same gear as you say Trimble is by far the most consistent { SPORTS PROGRAM } year in year out. When it comes to football the NUT boys are going to have there hands full. For the other guy when you been in the league for more than 20 yrs and your team has actually done something then you can talk.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The fundamental flaw in all this is: coaches who know and understand the most about the competive advantages or disadvantages - or the AD's who understand the most about scheduling - DO NOT VOTE!

Principals vote.

Principals and supers give most of their attention to budgets and finances, with one eye maybe on what's good for the athletic dept from a competitive standpoint. AD's focus mostly on what's good for their athletic teams, with one eye on the budget.

Keep that in mind before posting absurd comments on why schools voted yes or no.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Another thing I've heard is this:

When Athens joined the TVC it was a marriage that both wanted to happen. Athens was leaving, at the time, one of oldest leagues in Ohio that was still going strong. It was clear Athens wanted to be in for the long haul. Warren on the other hand is being percieved as a school that just needs a league. There is fear there that if something better came along they might jump ship since it's not known if they truly want to be in the TVC - or are just asking to be in since there are no other options at this time.

Nobody knows for sure if that was even a factor for the principal's voting, but it was brought up in a few conversations I've had over the last few days.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

If only two TVC Ohio schools voted yes, my guess is the yes votes were Nelsonville-York and Athens. They were the two yes votes for Warren in the past.

My guess now is the TVC might target Oak Hill and/or Fort Frye to fix the scheduling problems in the two divisions.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

For the last few years I had hoped Warren would get to play again in the TVC. But it is obvious they do not want us and we should stop trying. I think at this time, we should see what we can do east, maybe even the PVC and continue in the OVAC. I know we don't fit, but if we feel the need for a league maybe that is the answer. Also, I would recommend leaving the southeast district and join the east district as Fort Frye already does. Maybe Fort frye stays in PVC if teams as Marietta and Cambridge goes to PVC. I also recommend not playing anymore teams from the southeast if we go to the east district so we can start learning some of the teams we will play in tourney time. Just my opinion from a frustrated Warrior!!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

warrior90 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:58 pm For the last few years I had hoped Warren would get to play again in the TVC. But it is obvious they do not want us and we should stop trying. I think at this time, we should see what we can do east, maybe even the PVC and continue in the OVAC. I know we don't fit, but if we feel the need for a league maybe that is the answer. Also, I would recommend leaving the southeast district and join the east district as Fort Frye already does. Maybe Fort frye stays in PVC if teams as Marietta and Cambridge goes to PVC. I also recommend not playing anymore teams from the southeast if we go to the east district so we can start learning some of the teams we will play in tourney time. Just my opinion from a frustrated Warrior!!
I’m curious as to why Warren joined the OVAC and then hasn’t seemed to embrace it all. If I saw it correctly, both the basketball team and the baseball team would’ve qualified for the OVAC tournament (last year both and this year basketball) but maybe didn’t play the minimum number of OVAC games? And wrestling didn’t even bother with the OVAC tournament.

I wonder if it is just difficult to get games or if they haven’t tried or don’t care or if there’s something I’m missing. I love the OVAC set up and thought it’d make things worthwhile from a league standpoint.

Return to “Football”