Western Football Hiring Assistants

Western Indians
Waterboy

Western Football Hiring Assistants

Post by Western Indians »

The Western Football program is looking to hire coaches for all levels. The following positions are currently available 5-6 Head Coach, Junior High Head Coach and Assistants, and Junior Varsity Assistants. All coaches must have or be willing to acquire all required OHSAA coursework and certifications. Anyone interested in applying please send a resume and letter of interest to bill.crabtree@yahoo.com. We are heading into our second year of school affiliated football and are looking for quality people at all levels. The school and community are very supportive and we are dedicated to getting this program off the ground and we have big plans for our future.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Western Football Hiring Assistants

Post by greygoose »

So is Crabtree staying around?? Heard possible rumor he may be stepping down or is he stepping away from trying to run everything at each level. I know there's a lot on his plate with that.

Western Indians
Waterboy

We are looking for assistants at all levels. The school has paid positions available at all levels 5th grade-Junior Varsity. Needing quality men to help make this program a success. The school and community are doing everything in their power to make it happen. At this time Crabtree is the only official person on the coaching staff.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What does Westerns numbers look like? When do they play varsity football?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Western Indians
Waterboy

We finished the 2017 season with 26 kids in jr high. We had a solid year in the weight room with close to 30 kids. We will be fielding a JV team this year and we are trying to put together a solid staff to help with the transition. The school, administration, and community have been unbelievable so far. Now we just need to get the kids out so we can make this a reality. The next few years should be very interesting in the Latham area. We are also looking for a few more games at the JV and Jr High levels, would like to play teams close in size and similar types of kids.

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Post by theblessedone33 »

Are you still looking for assistants?

Westernfootball
Waterboy

Post by Westernfootball »

Yes we are still in need of assistant coaches.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westernfootball wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:34 pm Yes we are still in need of assistant coaches.
Is it posted on OHSAA??

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I've heard crabtree has headed off to different pastures, how is this going to effect the program??

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:27 pm I've heard crabtree has headed off to different pastures, how is this going to effect the program??
I do know he is going back to teach at Northwest.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:35 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:27 pm I've heard crabtree has headed off to different pastures, how is this going to effect the program??
I do know he is going back to teach at Northwest.
Yeah that's where I heard he went to, so not sure what shape the program is in with him up and leaving.

Western Indians
Waterboy

The football program is in good hands and if I didn’t believe it I would have never left those kids! As far as the state of the program, the district is continuing to make improvements, they are currently building a field house/weight room. Honestly if my boys would have agreed to come to Western there is no way I would have left! However, they are dedicated Mohawks and want to make their team better. Since I am running out of time with them being home I felt like my family is the most important thing. It is a great place to work, and the community is 100% behind making it work. They do still need assistant coaches and in my opinion coaching at Western may be the best hidden treasure of a job ever. Best of luck to the new coaches, and most importantly the kids!

Return to “Football”