Internet Broadcasting

RVRaiderFan
All State

Internet Broadcasting

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Hello all!

I am interested to see what all schools do Internet broadcasting over radio broadcasting?

We do Internet broadcasting at River Valley, and have now for going on 7 years.

Interested in knowing what others use, what sites, what equipment, etc. Just interested in looking more into what we do at RV and seeing what others do as well!

Thanks for any info!

GO RAIDERS!!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Internet Broadcasting

Post by formerfcfan »

If you're looking for links to other schools' online broadcasting websites, check out pouringpurple.com <- the site of St. Francis DeSales (Columbus)

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Burgfan.com is for Wheelersburg sports

RHRedmenLive
Freshman Team

Post by RHRedmenLive »

We began broadcasting last football season and do the broadcasts on Facebook Live....the administration at Rock Hill put us in WIFI in our press box as have very little cell service in Pedro. It has been very successful and popular with our fan base. It's also a great way to let alumni from all over the world listen in. It has been so popular in basketball and football that our District is now going to put WIFI in our baseball and softball pressboxes as well. Also broadcasting on Facebook allows for fan interaction with us and you can always go back and listen whenever you want.

For Football we simply do a Radio like broadcast but add video for basketball... we have a mixer and headsets that that we connect into an iphone and broadcast (our equipment was donated by an alum who QB'd at the Hill in the early 2000's). The video works great in basketball but from the press box for football we are simply too far for a phone's or Ipad's camera to see.

We began RedmenLive as a way to promote our RH kid's accomplishments in the classroom and in their activities and to help drive a positive culture. The broadcasting is just a small part of what we do on our page....but also one of our favorites!! :D :D

https://www.facebook.com/RedmenLive/

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Coal Grove(Dawson-Bryant) uses Facebook Live to broadcast their sports.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:39 am Coal Grove(Dawson-Bryant) uses Facebook Live to broadcast their sports.
I talked to someone who watched it during our regional finals game last year.
The guy spent the entire game claiming the refs we're purposely spotting the ball wrong for them, and that every flag thrown against them wasn't warranted. :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:11 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:39 am Coal Grove(Dawson-Bryant) uses Facebook Live to broadcast their sports.
I talked to someone who watched it during our regional finals game last year.
The guy spent the entire game claiming the refs we're purposely spotting the ball wrong for them, and that every flag thrown against them wasn't warranted. :lol:
That must have been the only reason they lost the game. Lol

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

Here in Point Pleasant, we have a student broadcasting program (SBP) ran via the NFHS Network. We started about 17 months ago and have expanded fast. We have a class and our kids do the work during the actual broadcasts. We were the only program in WV to cover all of our football program's games and we have covered all home boys basketball games for the last two seasons.

This year has been a trial run with letting kids get on the air and get comfortable. Next year, expectations will rise and more will be expected from them during a broadcast.

We will soon be going to a multi camera angle experience as we continue to grow.

We are called "Point Pleasant Live" and you can check out our Facebook page, web-site, (www.pointpleasantlive.com) and we are also on pretty much every social media channel.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

We broadcasted the 2015 season on LoganFootball.com.

Kevin Dunigan and I had a blast doing it. But I live in Dublin so committing to 10 games a year was more than I could do. This was before SAM FM in Logan was putting their broadcast online.

I bought a nice set of equipment and we used MIXLR for our broadcasts. I believe they are still archived there.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Gobigblacks wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:52 am Here in Point Pleasant, we have a student broadcasting program (SBP) ran via the NFHS Network. We started about 17 months ago and have expanded fast. We have a class and our kids do the work during the actual broadcasts. We were the only program in WV to cover all of our football program's games and we have covered all home boys basketball games for the last two seasons.

This year has been a trial run with letting kids get on the air and get comfortable. Next year, expectations will rise and more will be expected from them during a broadcast.

We will soon be going to a multi camera angle experience as we continue to grow.

We are called "Point Pleasant Live" and you can check out our Facebook page, web-site, (www.pointpleasantlive.com) and we are also on pretty much every social media channel.
That's really cool! I love that you get your students involved!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:01 pm
Gobigblacks wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:52 am Here in Point Pleasant, we have a student broadcasting program (SBP) ran via the NFHS Network. We started about 17 months ago and have expanded fast. We have a class and our kids do the work during the actual broadcasts. We were the only program in WV to cover all of our football program's games and we have covered all home boys basketball games for the last two seasons.

Thanks. I am only there as a last resort/if we are short but the program is about them. I have a few kids that are wanting to do this someday so they're getting years of experience before they step onto campus somewhere.

RHRedmenLive
Freshman Team

Post by RHRedmenLive »

Gobigblacks wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Thanks. I am only there as a last resort/if we are short but the program is about them. I have a few kids that are wanting to do this someday so they're getting years of experience before they step onto campus somewhere.
I agree with O&B. That is a very cool thing you all have going!!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Thanks for all the info so far guys! All of you are doing really cool things with these broadcasts!

We have pretty good equipment and use Ustream. However, Ustream is frustrating with its pay options, and limited broadcasts and advertisements especially.

I have looked into Mixlr, since several of you guys use it, and it looks interesting.

Thanks again for all the info!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:14 pm Thanks for all the info so far guys! All of you are doing really cool things with these broadcasts!

We have pretty good equipment and use Ustream. However, Ustream is frustrating with its pay options, and limited broadcasts and advertisements especially.

I have looked into Mixlr, since several of you guys use it, and it looks interesting.

But your guys' broadcast is so clear and of high quality and I'm not just saying that. It's a shame other factors make it frustrating. Seriously, the RV broadcasts are one of the very best around in the sound quality.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:57 am
RVRaiderFan wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:14 pm Thanks for all the info so far guys! All of you are doing really cool things with these broadcasts!

But your guys' broadcast is so clear and of high quality and I'm not just saying that. It's a shame other factors make it frustrating. Seriously, the RV broadcasts are one of the very best around in the sound quality.
Thanks Blizzard, we appreciate that! When I look at other options this summer, I definitely want to make sure the sound quality is still there and doesn't change in anyway. Thanks again!

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

RHRedmenLive wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:48 pm
Gobigblacks wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:39 pm

I agree with O&B. That is a very cool thing you all have going!!
Here is our video submission for school of the year that we completed a few weeks ago. It shows how much variety we have.

https://youtu.be/knsQErufY9g

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Great job! I hope other schools in our area strive to do this as well as you guys do.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

That's pretty cool. That field is always hiring since everyone wants to watch everything on TV. Allie LaForce went from doing an Athens game to being the CBS college football side line reporter in a couple years

BeatOfTheSEOhio
Waterboy

Post by BeatOfTheSEOhio »

Amanda-Clearcreek has a couple of adults doing internet radio. If they are still doing it, Lucasville Valley has a student-run outfit.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

I’d love to start one of these at Piketon, sounds like an awesome thing to start

Return to “Football”