Trimble 34 Nelsonville-York 7

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Trimble 34 Nelsonville-York 7

Post by Orange and Brown »

SportsFan101 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 am Cats have some stud freshman- 4-6 of them will probably get reps as the year goes I’d say, but nelsonville had some solid youngsters too. Wouldn’t be surprised to see #10 be QB next year, kid is tough as nails.
Red is a good kid. He has sent work to do, but so far so good.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

SportsFan101 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 am Cats have some stud freshman- 4-6 of them will probably get reps as the year goes I’d say, but nelsonville had some solid youngsters too. Wouldn’t be surprised to see #10 be QB next year, kid is tough as nails.
21 pages, mostly about quarterbacks, and both teams threw, what, a combined 8 passes all game? Lol

Tailgater
Waterboy

Post by Tailgater »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:33 am
21 pages, mostly about quarterbacks, and both teams threw, what, a combined 8 passes all game? Lol
Hard to when you got two QB in the game that can't get the ball to receivers. :roll: that's what we have been trying to tell some of you but we keep getting locked and now everyone on this site can't really give there whole opinion :D

Across the footbridge slamming some cold ones
Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

SportsFan101 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:16 pm Uncle Phil and that yoga instructor along with those peewee coaches must have done pretty well😉
Don't forget all the "daddy coaches." They did well too so can't leave them out. :mrgreen:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Maybe ny should get some pee wee coaches also. Just saying

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Dirty Sanchez wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:44 pm
SportsFan101 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:16 pm Uncle Phil and that yoga instructor along with those peewee coaches must have done pretty well😉
Don't forget all the "daddy coaches." They did well too so can't leave them out. :mrgreen:
Daddy ball beat grandpa ball, and uncle ball. :lol:

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

dilligaf wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:09 pm Maybe ny should get some pee wee coaches also. Just saying
What "pee wee" coaches are coaching for Trimble? Also, why doesn't NY buy all their coaches a shirt to wear at the games? Looked like half their staff was wearing tee shirts of various colors. Maybe we'll call them the tee shirt coaches. :lol:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Win with class, lose with class. I wish folks could let the score do all the talking. Arrogant/Ignorant fans can really draw focus from the work the boys actually did on the field.

Heck of a ball game and if that is any kind of indication of whats to come for Trimble, they will be TVC Champs once again!

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

This game is over, time to focus on the rest of the season. We can talk about the 2019 matchup when this season is over

Its all in the hips
Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Fonzie wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:29 pm Win with class, lose with class. I wish folks could let the score do all the talking. Arrogant/Ignorant fans can really draw focus from the work the boys actually did on the field.

Heck of a ball game and if that is any kind of indication of whats to come for Trimble, they will be TVC Champs once again!
Thanks for pointing that out Fonzie and I couldn't agree more. The past couple years we've had to listen to those "arrogant/ignorant" type "fans" after an NY win. So it's good to beat them and keep them quiet.

Rear View Mirror
Waterboy

Post by Rear View Mirror »

Thanks O&B

Shades
Waterboy

Post by Shades »

Trimble Juvenile wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:33 pm
Fonzie wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:29 pm Win with class, lose with class. I wish folks could let the score do all the talking. Arrogant/Ignorant fans can really draw focus from the work the boys actually did on the field.

Thanks for pointing that out Fonzie and I couldn't agree more. The past couple years we've had to listen to those "arrogant/ignorant" type "fans" after an NY win. So it's good to beat them and keep them quiet.

Just don't become "arrogant/Ignorant" yourself I suppose. Otherwise you're no different than those pesky NY "fans" :lol:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

How many saw this ending in a blowout loss for either team?

Stink_Stank_Stunk
Waterboy

Post by Stink_Stank_Stunk »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:00 pm How many saw this ending in a blowout loss for either team?
I sure didn't. First half was about as I expected. Good defense, both teams feeling each other out. NY couldn't ever mount enough offense to stay on the field, defense got wore out. Trimble stuck with their game plan to run the ball, defense played stout. Good game and good luck to both teams here on out.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I picked trimble by 4 scores

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Let's keep this on top of first page all year.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Enough! Please either lock or delete this, it's over!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

moonshine wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:31 am Enough! Please either lock or delete this, it's over!
Once again, I agree with shine on something. That's twice in one season! Yea close this thread so the wee cat fans can't keep living off one game. You'd think they won the state or something.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
gobengals
Waterboy

Re: Wk1 8/25 (Sat) Trimble at Nelsonville-York

Post by gobengals »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:31 am I will give my 2 cents on the officiating. At first thought this is really crap.But after watching replay once from Trimble and twice from NY side my grade is a B.Not as bad as I thought could have been better.At least 8 of the 9 where the right call.Hard to see from the side lines or stands.Both no calls of pass interference are judgment calls after replay can see why they weren't called hard to tell from the side line.One were they marked it yard and half short on 4 down.Trimble side on 15 and side line looked good but on ny 15 looks like he did step out.Late hit befor half was questable if not a qb probley not called.The one I was confused on was the interception by Trimble then a block in the back.They gave us a untimed down,it was post position foul and no longer on defense. I know that you don't end a quarter with a penalty unless offenses declines.Now if NY would have had the penalty I could See a untimed down.Pretty sure I am right.Because you just gave the defense at the time to run a play.Now I think NY took the penalty but still don't think it should have been untimed down sure some one will correct me if wrong.Over all better then first thought.
Just to clarify when the period should be extended by an untimed down: the period is extended whenever there is an accepted penalty by either team. Offense or defense doesn't matter. The only exceptions to this are (1) unsportsmanlike conduct fouls, (2) if the foul carries a loss of down, (3) the defense fouls during a successful extra point or field goal and the offense chooses to enforce the penalty on the succeeding spot (the kickoff), (4) or fouls for which the enforcement results in a safety. The officiating crew properly extended the period both times.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

I already had it Clarified.What they did was right,but what people were telling me why its was enforced that way was wrong.You couldn't here the white hat or pa speakers on visitors side very good.A few people kept saying you can't end on defensive penalty and I said yes you can if they decline it.I know the rules you must know them to.Thanks for clarifing

:roll: cats :roll:

Return to “Football”