Trimble 34 Nelsonville-York 7

BigBoyBuckeye
Waterboy

Re: WK1 2018 Trimble @ Nelsonville-York

Post by BigBoyBuckeye »

BuckeyePride76 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 am I've kept quiet so far but after last night I just have to say something. I think we have some great players and a good team. I like Rusty as a coach but I was shocked last night when I went to watch them play BIshop Ready. Not even about the game itself, but I get there a look down on our sidelines and see at least 8 people that I don't recognize just standing there on the sideline. I asked a couple people next to me if they knew who they were either and nobody did. somebody said theyre relation and friends of Rustys but my god its sort of embarrassing. I feel like our buckeye tradition is falling away and it was a bit ridiculous to see. Its like rusty and his glouster group are using OUR tradition and rivalry over the hill as a way to throw spite at their former friends and community and it was sickening to me. Definitely not the same environment from about 6 years ago, I hope im not the only one that noticed this crap. ill be happy when this era is over. but regardless, go bucks and I hope we have a good season
The ignorance in this post baffles me. If you believe running a smash mouth offense for years [mind you not a single playoff game won with that "era" ;)] and keeping your so called "buckeye pride" is more valuable than winning football games, then these kids probably don't want you at the games anyways . Hate to tell ya.

BigBoyBuckeye
Waterboy

Post by BigBoyBuckeye »

tomcat82 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:59 pm The Tomcat tradition will always stay in Gtown. Our school is being lead by a fellow NY graduate and our AD is also an NY graduate and we love them. Everyone has there own tradition. I understand what buckeyepride76 is saying to an extent. Rusty is a great coach and he has a huge following since his nephew will be paying for them. Nelsonville will not lose there Buckeye Pride but only gain our Tomcat Spirit... Go Cats and Go Bucks!!!
preach brother

The Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by The Warrior »

I am so sick of hearing about all the stuff that has no bearing on the game. Who cares if Rusty has all of his little puppets from Trimble standing on the sidelines. It won't help one bit when Kittle is shredding that Swiss cheese defense.

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

The Warrior wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:28 pm I am so sick of hearing about all the stuff that has no bearing on the game. Who cares if Rusty has all of his little puppets from Trimble standing on the sidelines. It won't help one bit when Kittle is shredding that Swiss cheese defense.
Here we go again with Kittle 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

The only qb on Trimbles team that would shred any defense is Lackey and unfortunately he's the backup, for now

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
Bernie Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Bernie Kosar »

After watching NY play New Lex and Bishop Ready I don't think it will matter much who the QB is for Trimble.

Trump2020
Riding the Bench

Post by Trump2020 »

I couldn’t agree more with your comment. Being a life long TOMCAT I wouldn’t want former NY Buckeyes tainting TOMCAT tradition. However, you should be grateful that there is former TOMCATS involved in your program since it seems like it takes a former TOMCAT to beat a TOMCAT.
Last edited by Trump2020 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Trimble has a lot of athletes, just need to be used. When they pass 90% of the time it's going to #40. #1,#14 and #44 all capable receiving options, and only 1 ball combined thrown to them in jamboree

Its all in the hips
Shake”N”Bake

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

Cats better do something next week after watching the Jamboree. No blocking no passing unless its forced to 40 in double coverage. Better tighten things up

Loudman1
Waterboy

Post by Loudman1 »

Ny

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

The Cats definitely have some areas they need to improve on and hopefully the playbook opens up a little bit but they'll be fine

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
MSA
Waterboy

Post by MSA »

Lackey boy needs to get some reps with starting receivers. His form and accuracy was there tonight. Footwork is great. I’d say there will be some changes before to long. Think week one will be a good one in buchtal. Taking cats, but it will be a great game.

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

back to name calling warrior ? were not qbs just fans and not puppets just sayin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

fireball wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:07 pm back to name calling warrior ? were not qbs just fans and not puppets just sayin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
🙌

Seekerboy
Waterboy

Post by Seekerboy »

MSA wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:55 pm Lackey boy needs to get some reps with starting receivers. His form and accuracy was there tonight. Footwork is great. I’d say there will be some changes before to long. Think week one will be a good one in buchtal. Taking cats, but it will be a great game.
Accurate post. I think trimble has the potential to throw all over nelsonville, but I think you’re right. Freshman has a cannon on him. Phil will know what to do. Rusty will know what to do. Turnout could go in favor to any team.

Buckeyecountry
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyecountry »

Snowman2011 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:19 pm
fireball wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:07 pm back to name calling warrior ? were not qbs just fans and not puppets just sayin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
🙌
😂😂😂😂 who would’ve known the warrior would say something about the qb.

Buckeyecountry
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyecountry »

Seekerboy wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:08 pm
MSA wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:55 pm Lackey boy needs to get some reps with starting receivers. His form and accuracy was there tonight. Footwork is great. I’d say there will be some changes before to long. Think week one will be a good one in buchtal. Taking cats, but it will be a great game.
Accurate post. I think trimble has the potential to throw all over nelsonville, but I think you’re right. Freshman has a cannon on him. Phil will know what to do. Rusty will know what to do. Turnout could go in favor to any team.
Rusty has the game plan after what he saw tonight. It was butt ugly. A lot of holes for wilburn to go thru and I don’t think trimble has a db that can stop wilburn.

Go Bucks!

Ps. Also change my prediction to a 5 touchdown win for the Bucks.

Trump2020
Riding the Bench

Post by Trump2020 »

Donovan, Keegan, Colt, Brandon, Mikey, Bryce
Cam, Max, Sawyer, Gary, Noah, Coffman, Joyce and many more. This will be a good game but, the Cats will prevail in the end. Go Cats!

1Shot1Kill
Waterboy

Post by 1Shot1Kill »

From what I saw in the plains last night if the kitties don’t start that Fouts kid at LB they are just telling people to run on them! Kids the best tackler they have

Old Buckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by Old Buckeye »

1Shot1Kill wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:40 am From what I saw in the plains last night if the kitties don’t start that Fouts kid at LB they are just telling people to run on them! Kids the best tackler they have

And that boys and girls is why you wrestle. Todd had a great game last night and looks right at home stepping up to varsity level.

Return to “Football”