Trimble 34 Nelsonville-York 7

dilligaf
S

Re: WK1 2018 Trimble @ Nelsonville-York

Post by dilligaf »

Trimble over nelsonville by about 20 or so.maybe more now that we ha e our spies on there sidelines

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

since nobody has talked about how great NY looked last night, I'm assuming what I heard about the preview was true. NY looked rough, at best. Also heard Ready wasn't impressive either. Understandable that Wilburn probably didn't get as many touches as he would in a real game, and I'm sure Rusty kept plenty back. Still surprising to see them lose and struggle to that extent. Thoughts?

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Also, Cats and Dogs play tonight, and I'm sure Athens will be 3 times the team Ready was. Curious to see how the cats stand up to the competition, could be great insight for the season. Hope both sides stay healthy for week 1 and beyond!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

SportsFan101 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:38 pm since nobody has talked about how great NY looked last night, I'm assuming what I heard about the preview was true. NY looked rough, at best. Also heard Ready wasn't impressive either. Understandable that Wilburn probably didn't get as many touches as he would in a real game, and I'm sure Rusty kept plenty back. Still surprising to see them lose and struggle to that extent. Thoughts?
Definitely some things to work on. We ran the ball well. Run defense was good for most of the half.
DB's have some work to do but they are coachable things.
Honestly, I think some of the kids got a wake up call.
The coaching staff will have them ready to go Saturday.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

I figured it would be a reality check for some of them. but always have to remember its still a scrimmage as there are many variables. Glad everyone stayed healthy and hope the cats do too tonight, then ready for a war next Saturday!

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

SportsFan101 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:45 pm Also, Cats and Dogs play tonight, and I'm sure Athens will be 3 times the team Ready was. Curious to see how the cats stand up to the competition, could be great insight for the season. Hope both sides stay healthy for week 1 and beyond!
Funny that you set it up so that if Trimble loses, you've already said "Athens is 3 times the team Ready was" especially when you just admitted that you didn't see Ready play.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Oh I did see Ready, I witnessed the beginning. Ready was not very impressive regarding the eye-test and the first 2 series. After that I just repeated what I had been told. Still not seeing anybody say the Bucks looked good (except Wilburn).

Athens compared to Ready is comical btw.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

The Tomcat tradition will always stay in Gtown. Our school is being lead by a fellow NY graduate and our AD is also an NY graduate and we love them. Everyone has there own tradition. I understand what buckeyepride76 is saying to an extent. Rusty is a great coach and he has a huge following since his nephew will be paying for them. Nelsonville will not lose there Buckeye Pride but only gain our Tomcat Spirit... Go Cats and Go Bucks!!!

Trump2020
Riding the Bench

Post by Trump2020 »

I think that every person that is talking tough on this thread should reveal themselves and meet prior to the NY game to look each other in the face and discuss their thoughts and opinions. That won’t happen though. Stay strong tough guys! The bottom line is, Rusty and Phil are both good coaches, Trimble has more talent top to bottom and we’re going to witness one hell of a game on August 25th in Buchtel.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Trump2020 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:05 pm I think that every person that is talking tough on this thread should reveal themselves and meet prior to the NY game to look each other in the face and discuss their thoughts and opinions. That won’t happen though. Stay strong tough guys! The bottom line is, Rusty and Phil are both good coaches, Trimble has more talent top to bottom and we’re going to witness one hell of a game on August 25th in Buchtel.
I'm easy to to find. I'm always at the school. Just ask around. Everyone knows who I am.
I don't ever try to "talk tough" but if you caome to NY for a sporting event you'll find me doing something somewhere, so come say hi!
I'm easy to get along with lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

BuckeyePride76 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:52 am not mad, just think its a bit much. rusty is a great coach I just don't see the point in having half of glouster on our sidelines acting like they have buckeye pride
I agree, cannot stand to see those guys on the sidelines. They mean nothing to NY and never will. Rusty not careful, it will be pushed out by the faithful.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Will their be bats broken out and officials chased to the town sign again? 😂😂😂

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

JustusLeague wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:58 pm
BuckeyePride76 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:52 am not mad, just think its a bit much. rusty is a great coach I just don't see the point in having half of glouster on our sidelines acting like they have buckeye pride
I agree, cannot stand to see those guys on the sidelines. They mean nothing to NY and never will. Rusty not careful, it will be pushed out by the faithful.
You’re ate up. Won’t be pushed out about this. Won’t do anything about it cause it don’t matter. It’s his ball team. It’s his sidelines. You guys are not in charge on who is on the sidelines. Get over it already

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

tomcat82 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:59 pm The Tomcat tradition will always stay in Gtown. Our school is being lead by a fellow NY graduate and our AD is also an NY graduate and we love them. Everyone has there own tradition. I understand what buckeyepride76 is saying to an extent. Rusty is a great coach and he has a huge following since his nephew will be paying for them. Nelsonville will not lose there Buckeye Pride but only gain our Tomcat Spirit... Go Cats and Go Bucks!!!
True, I have heard some great stuff about the NY guys leading Trimble. However I do see what he is saying too because I don’t see Mr. Bruce or Hurd on the sideline with 12 Nelsonville Guys trying to blend in. But take nothing away from the coaching staffs or the kids. Should be a fantastic game and I hope everyone stays healthy and I think it’ll be a very entertaining game

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

how does that go blood is thicker than water and they do have buckeye pride just sayin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BigBoyBuckeye
Waterboy

Post by BigBoyBuckeye »

BuckeyePride76 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 am I've kept quiet so far but after last night I just have to say something. I think we have some great players and a good team. I like Rusty as a coach but I was shocked last night when I went to watch them play BIshop Ready. Not even about the game itself, but I get there a look down on our sidelines and see at least 8 people that I don't recognize just standing there on the sideline. I asked a couple people next to me if they knew who they were either and nobody did. somebody said theyre relation and friends of Rustys but my god its sort of embarrassing. I feel like our buckeye tradition is falling away and it was a bit ridiculous to see. Its like rusty and his glouster group are using OUR tradition and rivalry over the hill as a way to throw spite at their former friends and community and it was sickening to me. Definitely not the same environment from about 6 years ago, I hope im not the only one that noticed this crap. ill be happy when this era is over. but regardless, go bucks and I hope we have a good season
The ignorance in this post baffles me. If you believe running a smash mouth offense for years [mind you not a single playoff game won with that "era" ;)] and keeping your so called "buckeye pride" is more valuable than winning football games, then these kids probably don't want you at the games anyways . Hate to tell ya.

BigBoyBuckeye
Waterboy

Post by BigBoyBuckeye »

tomcat82 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:59 pm The Tomcat tradition will always stay in Gtown. Our school is being lead by a fellow NY graduate and our AD is also an NY graduate and we love them. Everyone has there own tradition. I understand what buckeyepride76 is saying to an extent. Rusty is a great coach and he has a huge following since his nephew will be paying for them. Nelsonville will not lose there Buckeye Pride but only gain our Tomcat Spirit... Go Cats and Go Bucks!!!
preach brother

The Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by The Warrior »

I am so sick of hearing about all the stuff that has no bearing on the game. Who cares if Rusty has all of his little puppets from Trimble standing on the sidelines. It won't help one bit when Kittle is shredding that Swiss cheese defense.

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

The Warrior wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:28 pm I am so sick of hearing about all the stuff that has no bearing on the game. Who cares if Rusty has all of his little puppets from Trimble standing on the sidelines. It won't help one bit when Kittle is shredding that Swiss cheese defense.
Here we go again with Kittle 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

The only qb on Trimbles team that would shred any defense is Lackey and unfortunately he's the backup, for now

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes

Return to “Football”