2018 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Football Outlook

bballfan
Waterboy

Re: Gallia Academy Football 2018 thoughts

Post by bballfan »

With what I am told I know that girls don’t lift with the football team in town. Most other programs lift at the locker room in the high school. It’s just big enough for most varsity programs but can’t hold the football team. I did not mean to segregate the weight room. I’m sorry if my comment came across that way

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

During summer open lifts i was never physically in the weight room. But i walk the track there and run the steps to washington elementry and a lot of times that is during open lift. That is when i saw the kids not from gallia academy coming and leaving and girls coming and leaving. Not every day.

Once mandatory practices started i was in locker toom a couple of times and of course no one but team was there.

But i can tell you for a fact that when my son played under coach eddy there were girls in the weight room liftng at same time football team did at least once or twice a week. They were paired off in there own group not doing the same drills as the boys but the person in charge of weight room was checkng form and what lifts and drills that were next. But this was during open lifts not on the 10 summer practice days or once the mandatory practices begun.

I dont mean to say any whole girls team ever goes to the weight room down town to lift. But basically all summer long. Especically in june in july you have open something almost every nght. And lets say you have open gym for volleyball 2 days a week and you have a couple of girls who need to improve there vertical and there lower body strength for example would you rather have them do the exercises and weight work with no supervision or with a strength and conditioning coach who is already at a open weight toom?
Last edited by svac83 on Wed May 02, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

Eddy left GA 6 years ago. I would be shocked if kids came from other schools. I stop in regularly to talk with Penrod and I have never seen someone not from GA there.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

when eddy was there i dont know that i saw kids from other schools. Because he left after my sons freshmen season. So i am not sure i knew half our boys because he had always played soccer until then. But when you are walking the track and you see kids with meigs and fairland shirts on running the stairs with lke 25 lb weights in there arms or above there head I think there from other schools maybe they were invited there. To do something on that certain day or days i dont know.. and if i can find it for you i have a picture of like 3 of our boys off last years team lifting at meigs last year in there weight room. Surrounded by meigs kids. I dont know that they were there more then the one day. But they were there. Maybe i should just start taking pictures when i see things

It is not that strange for kids to go places for open gyms. When my son wrestled we went to nelsonvilke york a few times for open mats. Over toward dayton a few times any where where you knew you were going to get a decent turnout to get mat time.

But i was told during the 2016-2017 basketball season that both kids that one of the 2 kids that transferred was coming. And they were pretty positive they were going to have 3 kids come in that could help. And this was probably in febraury.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I am just happy that the kids are interested enough to spend summertime lifting weights. I am sure it will pay dividends in the fall.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Having female athletes in the weight room at the same time as the males is only a problem if it is allowed to be.

If the coaches give all the athletes the same degree of attention and demand a culture of hard work and respect, it goes very well.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I loved having chicks in the weight room.
That is all.

svac83
SE

2018 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Football Outlook

Post by svac83 »

What do the Blue Devils have coming back for 2018? Please post projected roster schedule, and outlook and keep this thread going throughout the football season.

svac83
SE

Re: 2018 gallia academy football

Post by svac83 »

To me the best you can hope for out of 2018. Is 9-1 but that may be a stretch. It is really early but I am not sure how this team could of made up that much ground on Jackson.

Offensively this team will be better there is really no doubt there. And hopefully will help the defense be better. Because they aren’t on the field as much.

Defensively this team is challenged until they prove to me they are not. This team will be a little bigger stronger and faster then a year ago. The question how much better dies that make them.

During the first half the season with Campbell they were able to move people around and run blitz on most downs and have success with it. The real question is did offenses figure out the blitz and that is why they were more successful on offense orvwas it really how much difference the stud linebacker made in and out of line up.

I think it was a little of both. Now that there is a year of film on this team how will they develop and evolve and how will the defenses evolve.

Campbell is a stud but this team was 3-2 with Campbell 2-3 without him. Were they beating fairland or coalmgrove even with him? I don’t know.

The future is bright I am not sure what this years record will be. I would love 9 wins but this team may be much better and still only win 5 or 6. But if this team can find QB’s I think this team will be able to almost reload every year 2019 they may be young but will be more talented and bigger then this year. For some reason the bigger kids that Gallia hasn’t had for 6 to 10 years are beginning to reappear.,.
Gallia also seems to begin to have its youth football back on right track.
Look forward to how it goes. And hope for the best. This team may compete for a playoff spot or might not be ready. But the days of being a doormat over for a few years.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good Coach ! But good players is a must ! 8-2 ! Jmo !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The other thread is not locked?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:45 am I loved having chicks in the weight room.
That is all.
That doesn't come off as creepy in the context of this discussion. Not at all.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Nope ! LOL

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

madpolecat wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:35 am
93Bulldog wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:45 am I loved having chicks in the weight room.
That is all.
That doesn't come off as creepy in the context of this discussion. Not at all.
I was referring to when I was in high school goofball. Lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

That is all.
Was this weight room in a barn some where? :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

noreply66 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:50 am
That is all.
Was this weight room in a barn somewhere? :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
svac83
SE

Re: 2018 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Football Outlook

Post by svac83 »

Don't know who or what was in weight room over the off season but looking at some of the results coach posted from lift a thon they had yesterday. Seems like the boys have had some outstanding results. That should pay dividends in the fall.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

svac83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:32 pm Don't know who or what was in weight room over the off season but looking at some of the results coach posted from lift a thon they had yesterday. Seems like the boys have had some outstanding results. That should pay dividends in the fall.
I saw that on Facebook. He has those young men working hard. It will pay off this year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Seems to be a smooth summer so far.. like it when I go down 4th avenue and all the coaches are smiling. And all the boys coming out of locker room looking like they went 15 rounds in a championship fight.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Any new faces on the team?

Return to “Football”