2018 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Football Outlook

SEOPS
Freshman Team

2018 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Football Outlook

Post by SEOPS »

What does the Blue Devils have coming back for 2018? Please post projected roster schedule, and outlook and keep this thread going throughout the football season.
Attachments
Field this morning
Field this morning
From locker room on hill
From locker room on hill

The Flash
Varsity

Re: Memorial field

Post by The Flash »

Wow!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

It's a job to clean that mess up !

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

If my memory serves me right, I just about drowned playing on that field my Freshman year back in the Day. The bottom of the pile was not a good place to be after a day or so of rain there lol.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

With all the state back laws ! Looks to me like it's a a very unhealthy place to be ! A new field is a must.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

yikes

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I thought they were moving their field to centenary. I knew they were still playing there. but are they eventually making that move.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:54 am If my memory serves me right, I just about drowned playing on that field my Freshman year back in the Day. The bottom of the pile was not a good place to be after a day or so of rain there lol.
oddly enough buckeye the same thing happened to me in a frosh game at rock hill in like 75 on the old field on 93. the middle of the field was a pond.it had rained for days. they had a center well over 300, tommy Henderson, I was a 160 pound nose guard. but I'm proof you can overcome anorexia, lol. anyhoo, it was a monsoon, 4th n 1. and rock hill goes for it. we're in 4 point goal line stances, my facemask barely out of the water. I shoot low, the play came right up the gut. he lands on me. then everybody else piles on for the tackle, and a fumble happens and I'm in about 9 inches of water with no air. and everybody bouncing and crawling all over me. it seemed like eternity. I finally am able to get up and my eyes, mouth and nostrils and ears were caked full of mud. I yanked out my mouthpiece and commenced to blowing my horn and coughing, and had mud coming out of every orifice in my head. to beat all. tommy's mom had apparently washed his red jersey with white pants in hot water and his pants looked pink. everybody was getting a kick out of that and ribbing him and I had to play across from him. that was a long day. i'll never forget that long as I live.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

They need to move that field or stop it from flooding. There will be nothing but sand left on that field when the water goes away.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

More like nothing but harmful bacteria will be left on that field.

Historical though...

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Wow, that is horrible.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

not the first time its flooded people

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ARE THEY PLANNING ON EVER PUTTING THE FIELD IN CENTENARY DEVIL FANS, OR DID THAT FALL THROUGH.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:24 pm ARE THEY PLANNING ON EVER PUTTING THE FIELD IN CENTENARY DEVIL FANS, OR DID THAT FALL THROUGH.
I remember back in 2000 they had a sign up about a new field. That never happened

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The State should step in ?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:07 pm The State should step in ?
Why do they still play there?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Don't under stand the laws today health issues !

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

This has been going on for how many years? The field floods and the buildings have to be cleaned up. The field will be ok over time. Nature will take care of the bacteria on the field. Now if you had turf would be a different story. Private funds would have to be used to move the field to the high school with the current financial condition of Gallipolis City Schools. So if there is to be a new stadium and field someone is going to have to come up with the money. If you just want a basic field, stadium, and simple field house you would need I would say about 2.5 million. But that field would not be close to what Jackson has which would cost about 5-6 million. People talking about the state coming in would present problems you do not want to deal with.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:12 pm This has been going on for how many years? The field floods and the buildings have to be cleaned up. The field will be ok over time. Nature will take care of the bacteria on the field. Now if you had turf would be a different story. Private funds would have to be used to move the field to the high school with the current financial condition of Gallipolis City Schools. So if there is to be a new stadium and field someone is going to have to come up with the money. If you just want a basic field, stadium, and simple field house you would need I would say about 2.5 million. But that field would not be close to what Jackson has which would cost about 5-6 million. People talking about the state coming in would present problems you do not want to deal with.
Ten years ago, I had a GA coach tell me that they would be at Memorial Field for at least another ten years.

Because it floods seemingly every few years, there's no reason to do incredible upgrades to Memorial. And as the quoted post above is getting at without saying it, the folks of Gallipolis do not want a stadium any less grandiose than that place on the hill in Jackson...

Unless a GA alum either hits the lottery or starts the next Amazon.com, I imagine that the Devils will play at Memorial for at least another ten years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

when we are talking bacteria are you talking about sewage getting in there. or just dirty creek water.

Return to “Football”