2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pendleton - New Ironton Head Football Coach

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:04 pm I hope we have some good depth this year.
How is depth possible with such a small roster and overall enrollment? Against who? Another rinky dink OVC cream puff? How will the depth match up against teams with ACTUAL depth like Wheelersburg or Ashland?

No such thing as depth when you have a 30 or 40 man roster and your playing against the same. Depth will only play a role against the programs that actually have depth.

From what I have seen now from Ironton for the last few years is they are slow and small and they struggle in coverage against spread teams. I dont expect the slow or small to change. If this team is gonna make any imrpovements AT ALL they are gonna have to improve a lot as it concerns conditioning and technique because as far as athletes go - they just dont have any horses.
MAYBE YOU NEED A HOBBY HOSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

They have had too many players that left, for one reason or another,
that's going to hurt them. I wish them the best of luck.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

2thwzd wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 am
2thwzd wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 am
Mavrick2016 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:46 pm I've never heard of Terry Miller, Brian Bowling and Joe Young.
Miller and Bowling are teachers/coaches at the High School I believe, Miller coached with Bob Lutz in younger days, as well as Bowling I believe, Young coached with Triplett is what word is :) Definately sounds like the program may be headed for a 360 soon
you mean a 180? Smart to have some teachers on staff.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

2thwzd wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:36 am
wobycat wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:25 am
2thwzd wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 am
you mean a 180? Smart to have some teachers on staff.
No cat, 360, complete turn around, at least that's the word "on the street"
Sorry but that doesn't make sense to me. Lol A 360 is going back to the original spot. I think Ironton fans want to go in the opposite direction which would be 180, I get what you're saying though.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Love to see coach Pendleton have a great first year.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

You win and lose games upfront , the entire line that was average at best last year is all gone so your gonna have a line with zero varsity experience no way Ironton competes this year for anything

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

And speaking of depth you better have a bunch of running backs and Quarterbacks with a line like they will have I feel sorry for the boys with the ball in their hand

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

4th and iches wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:10 pm You win and lose games upfront , the entire line that was average at best last year is all gone so your gonna have a line with zero varsity experience no way Ironton competes this year for anything
Nelsonville-York replaced 4 starters on their line last year and we won a regional championship.
If those linemen get to work they could be pretty good.
Our speed guys got all of the attention last year but our O and D lines were outstanding.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I don't have a lot of connections in Lawerence county but from what I do have I've heard the kids and community are getting excited about football again. If the kids work hard and the coaching staff puts those young men in a position to succeed, good things will happen. It won't be overnight, but it will happen.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

4th and iches wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:10 pm You win and lose games upfront , the entire line that was average at best last year is all gone so your gonna have a line with zero varsity experience no way Ironton competes this year for anything
I remember a team from ironton in 79 that beat akron saint Vincent saint Mary's for a state championship in AA. and it was one of the smallest teams ironton had ever fielded. the difference in ASVSM, and IRONTON was staggering size wise. they looked like notre dame in their outfits. but the fighting tigers pulled it out 7-6. for their 1st state football championship. ------------------------- IT AIN'T THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT, BUT THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE DOG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this will be a fundamental, well disciplined team built for the grind of playing with lack of depth. SOMETIMES ALL YA NEED ARE A FEW BREAKS HERE N THERE. STRANGE THINGS CAN HAPPEN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

I didn’t say anything about the SIZE.. so you can use a different cliche .. I’m talking about experience and talent . Stop living in the past we don’t have the kids walking the hallways like there was in 1979 , 1989, 1999 or hell even 2009 . Those kids are gone, we don’t have 70 kids dressing varsity anymore . Live in the now we have 35+ kids below average talent and head coach with no experience so I really wish you would stop with the in 1979 !!!! Bob Lutz was a rookie coach at one time !!! These coaches smd players have enough pressure on them no need to keep throwing up the past and comparing this team to them which you are doing whether you think so or not

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton fans should expect a change but shouldn't expect a miracle. Ironton does suffer from a declining population. If people don't believe that it doesn't effect the team, than they are crazy. Even having said that, the new guy might instill enough enthusiasm to maximize what talent they do have and become a success again, but people need to realize that success should not be measured by state titles or even regional titles, but rather measured by if the program is going in the right direction. Then it can try to build into the contender it once was.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

4th and iches wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:37 am I didn’t say anything about the SIZE.. so you can use a different cliche .. I’m talking about experience and talent . Stop living in the past we don’t have the kids walking the hallways like there was in 1979 , 1989, 1999 or hell even 2009 . Those kids are gone, we don’t have 70 kids dressing varsity anymore . Live in the now we have 35+ kids below average talent and head coach with no experience so I really wish you would stop with the in 1979 !!!! Bob Lutz was a rookie coach at one time !!! These coaches smd players have enough pressure on them no need to keep throwing up the past and comparing this team to them which you are doing whether you think so or not
4th again you are taking the ball in the wrong direction. I HAVE A SAYING, ''IF YOU WANNASTIR THE SPOT , THEN YOU NEED TO LICK THE SPOON''. MIRACLE'S HAPPEN IN SPORTS EVERY DAY. TO NOT BELIEVE IN THAT EVEN FROM A FAN'S PROSPECTIVE IS UNHEALTHY. ACTUALLY I PUT THIS POST IN THE WRONG TOPIC. IT WAS MEANT FOR THE TOPIC ON INSTANT REPLAY. OVC MADE A COMMENT ABOUT ME SAYING OF COURSE BAIT WOULD SAY IT WOULD HAVE HELPED THE TIGERS. SO I ACTUALLY MEANT TO POST THIS ELSEWHERE. and I feel this post is just as relevant here. the 79 state championship team barely had 200 pound linemen, but they got it done. I'm certainly not trying to say we are state bound. who knows , there ain't even been a snap yet. the fact trevon has no head coaching experience is exactly trhe reason he has surrounded himself with a wealth of coaching experience. but I'm tired of hearing your psycho babble. you as lost as last years easter eggs. I don't know where you get all your stats. and frankly I don't care. they may be spot on. we never had 70 kids dress. Lord have mercy.miracles happen every day especially in sports. so not to believe as a coach player or fan. is a waste of time. ask any little league baseball team that ends up in the baseball world series if they didn't have a few breaks n miracles along the way.so don't back up to a load you can't pull. you know full well I ain't insinuating we are a state caliber team yet.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wobycat wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:05 pm Ironton fans should expect a change but shouldn't expect a miracle. Ironton does suffer from a declining population. If people don't believe that it doesn't effect the team, than they are crazy. Even having said that, the new guy might instill enough enthusiasm to maximize what talent they do have and become a success again, but people need to realize that success should not be measured by state titles or even regional titles, but rather measured by if the program is going in the right direction. Then it can try to build into the contender it once was.
woby, that's a wonderful post and I agree 100 percent.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:59 pm
I remember a team from ironton in 79 that beat akron saint Vincent saint Mary's for a state championship in AA. and it was one of the smallest teams ironton had ever fielded. the difference in ASVSM, and IRONTON was staggering size wise. they looked like notre dame in their outfits. but the fighting tigers pulled it out 7-6. for their 1st state football championship. ------------------------- IT AIN'T THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT, BUT THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE DOG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this will be a fundamental, well disciplined team built for the grind of playing with lack of depth. SOMETIMES ALL YA NEED ARE A FEW BREAKS HERE N THERE. STRANGE THINGS CAN HAPPEN.
One Logan's best teams in 2000 had a small line averaging around 200 per man, so a small line can get it done if they have some quickness and work hard. Good luck to the new coaching staff!

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

One thing for sure Trevon will have them in shape. I seen some of what he is doing and he is really pushing the kids.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

paulwheeler wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:27 pm One thing for sure Trevon will have them in shape. I seen some of what he is doing and he is really pushing the kids.
Sounds good, I hope all the kids are excited and buy into what the Coach is doing. He is full of energy and is motivated to get things turned around at Ironton.

GO FIGHTING TIGERS..........

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

cbolt wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:08 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:59 pm
One Logan's best teams in 2000 had a small line averaging around 200 per man, so a small line can get it done if they have some quickness and work hard. Good luck to the new coaching staff!
One of the most effective High School Defensive Linemen I've ever seen was a Nose Guard for the Ashland Tomcats, the kid was about 150 lbs and quick, he seemed to be in just about every tackle all night long.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's what I'm saying as well. you can't hit what you can't catch.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

4th and iches wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:14 pm Ok bait you can live in never never land and hope for miracles but I’ll just hang out here in reality and not compare this team to the 1979 team or Trevor to bob Lutz
4th, I really have better things to do like dust light bulbs, change sweeper bags, and trim my toenails. as you can see I have a busy day ahead of me. but just so you know I ain't comparing coaches or teams. and reality is miracles happen every day. it would be incredibly ridiculous to act like I'm comparing the teams, or the 2 coaches. especially when trevon hasn't coached a play yet in a game setting. I can hear your cage spinning, but I don't see no hamster.

Return to “Football”