2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pendleton - New Ironton Head Football Coach

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I love the ny buckeyes. we may have to catch one sometime. I wish them n ironton still played. hopefully I can catch more tiger games this year. my wife may not be working Friday nights. and I have another driver for the trip back with my eye situation.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Any word on who scrimmage opponents will be for the Fighting Tigers in 2018?

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:12 pm
cbolt wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:08 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:59 pm

I remember a team from ironton in 79 that beat akron saint Vincent saint Mary's for a state championship in AA. and it was one of the smallest teams ironton had ever fielded. the difference in ASVSM, and IRONTON was staggering size wise. they looked like notre dame in their outfits. but the fighting tigers pulled it out 7-6. for their 1st state football championship. ------------------------- IT AIN'T THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT, BUT THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE DOG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this will be a fundamental, well disciplined team built for the grind of playing with lack of depth. SOMETIMES ALL YA NEED ARE A FEW BREAKS HERE N THERE. STRANGE THINGS CAN HAPPEN.
One Logan's best teams in 2000 had a small line averaging around 200 per man, so a small line can get it done if they have some quickness and work hard. Good luck to the new coaching staff!
But they dont have any speed. Its all small/slow white kids. Sorry but it is what it is.
Yep those boys in the MAC uo north are small/slow white kids and win state championships year in and year out...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

indeed they do my friend. me n tim hodges were talking about you recently.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

knightruner wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:22 pm
BigCarlito72 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:12 pm
cbolt wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:08 pm

One Logan's best teams in 2000 had a small line averaging around 200 per man, so a small line can get it done if they have some quickness and work hard. Good luck to the new coaching staff!
But they dont have any speed. Its all small/slow white kids. Sorry but it is what it is.
Yep those boys in the MAC uo north are small/slow white kids and win state championships year in and year out...
A lot of those kids your referring to may be white but they are in most cases very strong fast white kids

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

60 kids in the weight room this morning..... coming from one of the players. Ironton hired the right guy for the job.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

And to think 2 months ago we were talking about if we would even have enough to have a team. Funny how things change.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Change takes time. Glad numbers have good. Hope he creates the second best team in the area...lol.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

If we have there kind on numbers in the weight room that is great, everything I'm hearing is positive, won't be long till the season begins, keep up the great work Tigers!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

timbo I was very impressed with the staff I met at the endzone, this is a hungry bunch. players n coaches alike. they'll have a dramatic turn around this very year. count on it.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

After the burg beats us by 30 then we will what type of coaches/ team we have

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

4th and iches wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:29 am After the burg beats us by 30 then we will what type of coaches/ team we have
The word around town from people in the know is expect the unexpected with the new Tigers. Many believe that it’s going to be a complete turnaround and that this team has a chance to be really good. I’ve heard from a few parents that have kids on the team that there is a different belief and mentality now. One parent said his son is obsessed with the program where in the last few years it was see you in August mentaility, and that’s kind of the stuff I was talking about when they hired Pendleton

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

TOUGH wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:36 pm
4th and iches wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:29 am After the burg beats us by 30 then we will what type of coaches/ team we have
The word around town from people in the know is expect the unexpected with the new Tigers. Many believe that it’s going to be a complete turnaround and that this team has a chance to be really good. I’ve heard from a few parents that have kids on the team that there is a different belief and mentality now. One parent said his son is obsessed with the program where in the last few years it was see you in August mentaility, and that’s kind of the stuff I was talking about when they hired Pendleton

I’ve heard the exact same thing

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

They are doing something now that has not been done for the last 3 years. Working hard as a team!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we'll have to talk about this after the game n see if you thought they were different.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to Coach Pendleton.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Hopeing for a complete turnaround myself, 1st game on road at defending state champs with a boatload coming back, not expecting miracles but lets hope for improvement from last year. Outside of the Burg and Ashland I really think we can compete with everbody else. Not taking anything away from other teams on our schedule but I think we should be in most of these games. keep up the good work TIGERS and good luck!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

nice post

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

I can't believe some of these posts I have just read, some folks don't have a clue. Trevon will out coach majority of his opponents as so his team
will be ready with a week of preparation. He is a student of the game of football and in time I guarantee his teams will prevail. Good luck to
Trevon and his staff.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I appreciate that pride. I know you folks from west just have to be elated for him n his brother. met them all n the staff at the endzone. and I have to say I am very impressed with him n his assistant's. this kid wears it. I know he will be successful. thank you for the well wishes for ''FIGHTINGTIGERTOWN''. and good luck to your senator's this year as well.

Return to “Football”