2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

If you haven’t got something decent to say then don’t say it. This crap has gotten old quick

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

Buramgerdin wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:55 pm I am amazed that Vass was fired after getting the kids looking like the lived in the weight room since he must obviously get the credit for since the new staff has been in place for what, 4 weeks? Or have these kids just sprouted muscles nearly over night?

Geez.........................

you got me grinnin like a possum eatin a sweet tater on the july forth!

TruthBeTold
Waterboy

Post by TruthBeTold »

Truth be told, even if it hurts.

The Pendleton era is not a thing. He hasn’t even coached for a year yet. Give the kid a chance, but recognize that he is a kid. Just because you played college football doesn’t mean you can coach a team. It sucks that he has such a tough opponent first game. It will be interesting to see how he and his kids respond after getting beat with a running clock. I wish Ironton the best and I would like to see them be good again. I’m sure he has a winning mentality, but coaching is a lot different than playing. Personally, I think they may go 7-3 (at best) but don’t expect any better than that. The first one is a guaranteed loss, so they will have to win 7 out of the next 9 games... Please don’t get your hopes so high with this kid. You may very well be disappointed again. Throughout history there have been many revolutionary people, one common trait in them is humility. It seems as though this young kid is already talking his mouth, again proving his childish mentality and misfit for coaching. I hope his kids don’t take on that mentality. One can hope that he matures and recognizes that Rome wasn’t built in a year, nor with pride and arrogance. High hopes and wishes to Ironton football. Be realistic, be humble and always be weary.

Truth be told, sorry it hurts.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Truth be told, even if it hurts.

The Pendleton era is not a thing. He hasn’t even coached for a year yet. Give the kid a chance, but recognize that he is a kid. Just because you played college football doesn’t mean you can coach a team. It sucks that he has such a tough opponent first game. It will be interesting to see how he and his kids respond after getting beat with a running clock. I wish Ironton the best and I would like to see them be good again. I’m sure he has a winning mentality, but coaching is a lot different than playing. Personally, I think they may go 7-3 (at best) but don’t expect any better than that. The first one is a guaranteed loss, so they will have to win 7 out of the next 9 games... Please don’t get your hopes so high with this kid. You may very well be disappointed again. Throughout history there have been many revolutionary people, one common trait in them is humility. It seems as though this young kid is already talking his mouth, again proving his childish mentality and misfit for coaching. I hope his kids don’t take on that mentality. One can hope that he matures and recognizes that Rome wasn’t built in a year, nor with pride and arrogance. High hopes and wishes to Ironton football. Be realistic, be humble and always be weary.

Truth be told, sorry it hurts.

If you're from ironton you see the difference already. It's attitude and discipline. The mechanics are yet to be seen. The funny thing is you can't find a post on here that is 10 pages long unless it's ironton in the topic. People want to see us stay down because inside they know the possibilities and alot of Burg people have been getting cocky with these running clock predictions and dynasty comparisons

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Tigers Good luck tonight at the 7 on 7 at Valley!

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:31 am the 7-7 at Jackson the fighting tigers looked very good......I watched them walk into the stadium.....big, strong and looking like they have lived the weight room......the swagger they walked around with was not cockiness......it was confidence.......they flew around having fun and enthused and had the look on their faces that we are the Ironton Fighting Tigers and we are here and meaning business.....and my goodness what a QB with a cannon.....geez he has a rocket for an arm...impressive young man and keep working hard and stay hungry kid, the sky's the limit....take control and be the leader ...very impressed as an outsider looking in and following all along with that this program has been going through and the demeanor they walked into Alumni stadium that night showed they didn't care about all the non-sense that has took place.......they cared about one thing and that was playing Ironton football.......I made mention many times this past year warning teams to be careful kicking the tigers while they were down because they will not be there forever......after seeing the 7-7 at Jackson and how they new coaching staff and new look tigers came in immediately told me they were heading into the right direction.......say whatever you want about Ironton but I am hear to tell you that this Ironton team is on the rise and if you overlook them , take them lightly and think they are still in the dumps.....well you are going to be in a for a long night cause this team seems to have the attitude back and seem eager to hit you in the mouth for 48mins of high school football.......good luck to you fighting tigers and every doubter out there that say this and that about Ironton football use that for all the motivation and fire to make that opposing team wish they never got off the bus......good luck to you coaches and players........you are heading in the right direction with the right mindset.......take it to em!!!!!

Not sure what 7 on 7 you were watching but there was more over thrown balls than caught ones , they looked out of sorts a lot and over all struggled which is to be expected it’s juky with a new coach and offense , it’s great to be optimistic but get realistic

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:56 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:50 pm man that's exciting to hear country. it really is. and since I know you. I know that your thoughts are well founded n accurate and knowledgeable. and we'll be rooting for your golden rockets as well.
well bait I appreciate the kind words and wish nothing but the best for all the Jackson county teams but especially the one wearing the red and white
oops. well I feel silly.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

somebody said we are 38 days away from ironton/burg. how can that be. where has summer went. we went straight from winter into summer.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

4th and iches wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:44 am
countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:31 am the 7-7 at Jackson the fighting tigers looked very good......I watched them walk into the stadium.....big, strong and looking like they have lived the weight room......the swagger they walked around with was not cockiness......it was confidence.......they flew around having fun and enthused and had the look on their faces that we are the Ironton Fighting Tigers and we are here and meaning business.....and my goodness what a QB with a cannon.....geez he has a rocket for an arm...impressive young man and keep working hard and stay hungry kid, the sky's the limit....take control and be the leader ...very impressed as an outsider looking in and following all along with that this program has been going through and the demeanor they walked into Alumni stadium that night showed they didn't care about all the non-sense that has took place.......they cared about one thing and that was playing Ironton football.......I made mention many times this past year warning teams to be careful kicking the tigers while they were down because they will not be there forever......after seeing the 7-7 at Jackson and how they new coaching staff and new look tigers came in immediately told me they were heading into the right direction.......say whatever you want about Ironton but I am hear to tell you that this Ironton team is on the rise and if you overlook them , take them lightly and think they are still in the dumps.....well you are going to be in a for a long night cause this team seems to have the attitude back and seem eager to hit you in the mouth for 48mins of high school football.......good luck to you fighting tigers and every doubter out there that say this and that about Ironton football use that for all the motivation and fire to make that opposing team wish they never got off the bus......good luck to you coaches and players........you are heading in the right direction with the right mindset.......take it to em!!!!!

Not sure what 7 on 7 you were watching but there was more over thrown balls than caught ones , they looked out of sorts a lot and over all struggled which is to be expected it’s juky with a new coach and offense , it’s great to be optimistic but get realistic
[/quote

I’m sure that went for every team at the event. When all your doing is passing and there’s no chance for running the football defenses tend to play a different style. I’ve talked to several different people and each said the same thing. High energy and passionate about what they were doing. The kids looked like they were having fun and played hard. I wasn’t at the passing tournament and was hoping to make it tonight but prior work obligations won’t allow for that to happen. I hope to get on here this evening and hear about how it all went. GO TIGERS!

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Eh...on the passing scrimmages. I think the coaches look for technique, crisp running routes, defensive foot work etc. but that’s probably all you can take from it.

I still think ironton is suited this year to run a pro set compared to the spread.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Game day wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:43 am Tigers Good luck tonight at the 7 on 7 at Valley!
Practice like you play and play like you practice, good luck and stay healthy.

GO FIGHTING TIGERS...........

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Buramgerdin wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:55 pm I am amazed that Vass was fired after getting the kids looking like the lived in the weight room since he must obviously get the credit for since the new staff has been in place for what, 4 weeks? Or have these kids just sprouted muscles nearly over night?

The muscle I agree I think that is a bit over board but their conditioning was really bad. Some of these kids could not run three gasers without getting sick. Once again good luck tonight in Valley.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Game day wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:27 pm

The muscle I agree I think that is a bit over board but their conditioning was really bad. Some of these kids could not run three gasers without getting sick. Once again good luck tonight in Valley.
I dont think Vass got fired............

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Does anyone know how the 7 on 7 went at Lucasville Valley?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I ain't heard anything. I don't put much stock in 7 on 7's anyway.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

keeping the kids mind competitive and hearts hungry are good things from a 7-7...

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I never was involved with one. or have not seen one other than on tv. like you said if they are involved, then they are improving and learning. I just can't put a lot of thinking into anything non contact. I guess I'm just a dinosaur.

ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

I guess I am trying to understand how conclusions are being reached regarding

Discipline - perception based
Motivation - perception based
Enthusiasm - perception based
Conditioning - compared to?
Etc etc etc -- based on an incomplete sum? Measured against what exactly? And how do you measure 4 weeks or so against 4 or 5 years when the comparitive does not provide equal disclosure or body of work per each?

It honestly sounds more like local town innuendo or even optimism as opposed to any real evidence that would support such a statement.

Also curious how the roster # of 58 is being arrived to per Ironton? Has that been officially disclosed? Is there already a roster projection?

Anyone? I am sincerely curious how we are arriving to these conclusions?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we'll know in like 37 days, the changes that have been made. no where to hide then. toss it all in there n see what comes out. the tigers will be hungry. but the coach will have to control the tigers some though. so they don't get burned overtop early.
is the feller still playing for burg that is a receiver that shelley Meyers came n seen. did he sign with ohio state or somewhere else.
I hear he is awesome.

ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

Something else that came to mind. And my #'s may be slightly skewed so I am open to correction. However, the last/former staff/HC in 5 years, recorded somewhere around a 60% wiining percentage as it concerned winning their conference ( OVC) and they qualified for the post season at around a 40% clip.

Now that said, if the current staff falls shy of this in any aspect or meets but does not exceed it, how do we then quantify these declarations of improved discipline or enthusiasm or conditioning that have been made PRIOR to actually having any real metrics to conclude from?

Return to “Football”