2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

Post by TOUGH »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:31 am watched the 7-7 on last night......good teams there.......my heavens does the Ironton Fighting Tigers have a QB that can absolutely throw the ball through you.......man what a cannon that kid possess'.....they were flying around, showing enthusiasm, and one things for sure......we knew Ironton was there and the attitude they were carrying around displays the saying "you better watch out, cause Ironton is here and back"........pads be poppin soon!!!
This is so great to hear. I was expecting this with the staff that was put in place. Ive said from the day they hired Coach Pendleton Ironton was heading back to the top of the food chain and it wouldn’t take long. I know this is just a passing scrimmage but what I like to hear is how they were carrying themselves up there. I’m curious if it looked like that Old Ironton swagger was back. Maybe some one who went to the game can tell us?

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

How did we fair in the passing scrimmage? Did we look good against Jackson and the other schools ?

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

[quote=TOUGH post_id=1672264 time=1531599446 user_id=13571]
How did we fair in the passing scrimmage? Did we look good against Jackson and the other schools ?
[/quote]

You were there coach P!why not just give us your opinion?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TOUGH wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:17 pm How did we fair in the passing scrimmage? Did we look good against Jackson and the other schools ?
Good question, if anyone has anymore details please post.

Thanks

GO FIGHTING TIGERS......

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Truthful wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:37 pm
TOUGH wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:17 pm How did we fair in the passing scrimmage? Did we look good against Jackson and the other schools ?
You were there coach P!why not just give us your opinion?
Funny that you keep trying the same old story. If I was there I would know the questions I just asked there genius.... the funny thing about your comments is shouldn’t you be posting on Rock Hill threads now. You already tried to run our program in the ground. Your parents didn’t raise you that way. Can’t live off dads name any longer.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

How many new Tigers are playing this year and who are they?

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

They looked great. Lost against Jackson in the last few seconds. Those boys had a ton of confidence and ready to play. We have a great coaching staff and this community is so proud of these boys. Great senior class of boys all the way down to the freshmen. They are hungry.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

7 on 7s are fun because everyone is dying to see some football. Seeing the kids in helmets and flying around is cool. But I would not put any stock in them as far as a measuring stick. Was some good local programs there with Jackson , Ironton, Gallia academy , Nelsonville York, and Zane Trace. All the teams have some good looking kids In helmets and cut off sleeves . The whole time I’ve watched Jackson play a 7 on 7 I’m not sure they have ever “won” one. As far as Ironton, my biggest take was their qb looks to be a very good athlete , especially for southern Ohio. We’re all intrigued by the new Ironton staff and I thought they looked the Part and were always teaching instead is woo hooing all the time like some others. Very professional about their business . I’m pulling for coach Pendleton and the Tigers To get it rolling again. Good luck Tiger Nation .

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:48 pm 7 on 7s are fun because everyone is dying to see some football. Seeing the kids in helmets and flying around is cool. But I would not put any stock in them as far as a measuring stick. Was some good local programs there with Jackson , Ironton, Gallia academy , Nelsonville York, and Zane Trace. All the teams have some good looking kids In helmets and cut off sleeves . The whole time I’ve watched Jackson play a 7 on 7 I’m not sure they have ever “won” one. As far as Ironton, my biggest take was their qb looks to be a very good athlete , especially for southern Ohio. We’re all intrigued by the new Ironton staff and I thought they looked the Part and were always teaching instead is woo hooing all the time like some others. Very professional about their business . I’m pulling for coach Pendleton and the Tigers To get it rolling again. Good luck Tiger Nation .
Very true! We wait what seems forever for football season to get here. QB is a great athlete in all sports and we have several talented athletes for the Ironton Fighting Tigers. Coaching staff is doing a great job and there is no negativity at all. I think the TIGERS got rid off all the negativity and the kids that are left are working hard like a team should.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

7 on 7's & scrimmages are good for gaining some game experience. But the real purpose of a scrimmage is making sure you get good looks at all positions including backups to make sure you have the skill and talent in the right place. A win is not as important as getting the kids in the right place, offense and defense.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good luck IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS!

WELCOME PENDLETON BROTHERS AND ESTEEMED MEN OF IRON TO THE NEW STAFF!

Get’em & Keep-’em:

CONDITIONED
CONFIDENT
CHAMPIONSHIP
CALIBER

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

the 7-7 at Jackson the fighting tigers looked very good......I watched them walk into the stadium.....big, strong and looking like they have lived the weight room......the swagger they walked around with was not cockiness......it was confidence.......they flew around having fun and enthused and had the look on their faces that we are the Ironton Fighting Tigers and we are here and meaning business.....and my goodness what a QB with a cannon.....geez he has a rocket for an arm...impressive young man and keep working hard and stay hungry kid, the sky's the limit....take control and be the leader ...very impressed as an outsider looking in and following all along with that this program has been going through and the demeanor they walked into Alumni stadium that night showed they didn't care about all the non-sense that has took place.......they cared about one thing and that was playing Ironton football.......I made mention many times this past year warning teams to be careful kicking the tigers while they were down because they will not be there forever......after seeing the 7-7 at Jackson and how they new coaching staff and new look tigers came in immediately told me they were heading into the right direction.......say whatever you want about Ironton but I am hear to tell you that this Ironton team is on the rise and if you overlook them , take them lightly and think they are still in the dumps.....well you are going to be in a for a long night cause this team seems to have the attitude back and seem eager to hit you in the mouth for 48mins of high school football.......good luck to you fighting tigers and every doubter out there that say this and that about Ironton football use that for all the motivation and fire to make that opposing team wish they never got off the bus......good luck to you coaches and players........you are heading in the right direction with the right mindset.......take it to em!!!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

man that's exciting to hear country. it really is. and since I know you. I know that your thoughts are well founded n accurate and knowledgeable. and we'll be rooting for your golden rockets as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:50 pm man that's exciting to hear country. it really is. and since I know you. I know that your thoughts are well founded n accurate and knowledgeable. and we'll be rooting for your golden rockets as well.
well bait I appreciate the kind words and wish nothing but the best for all the Jackson county teams but especially the one wearing the red and white

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

I am amazed that Vass was fired after getting the kids looking like the lived in the weight room since he must obviously get the credit for since the new staff has been in place for what, 4 weeks? Or have these kids just sprouted muscles nearly over night?

Geez.........................

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

If you haven’t got something decent to say then don’t say it. This crap has gotten old quick

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

Buramgerdin wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:55 pm I am amazed that Vass was fired after getting the kids looking like the lived in the weight room since he must obviously get the credit for since the new staff has been in place for what, 4 weeks? Or have these kids just sprouted muscles nearly over night?

Geez.........................

you got me grinnin like a possum eatin a sweet tater on the july forth!

TruthBeTold
Waterboy

Post by TruthBeTold »

Truth be told, even if it hurts.

The Pendleton era is not a thing. He hasn’t even coached for a year yet. Give the kid a chance, but recognize that he is a kid. Just because you played college football doesn’t mean you can coach a team. It sucks that he has such a tough opponent first game. It will be interesting to see how he and his kids respond after getting beat with a running clock. I wish Ironton the best and I would like to see them be good again. I’m sure he has a winning mentality, but coaching is a lot different than playing. Personally, I think they may go 7-3 (at best) but don’t expect any better than that. The first one is a guaranteed loss, so they will have to win 7 out of the next 9 games... Please don’t get your hopes so high with this kid. You may very well be disappointed again. Throughout history there have been many revolutionary people, one common trait in them is humility. It seems as though this young kid is already talking his mouth, again proving his childish mentality and misfit for coaching. I hope his kids don’t take on that mentality. One can hope that he matures and recognizes that Rome wasn’t built in a year, nor with pride and arrogance. High hopes and wishes to Ironton football. Be realistic, be humble and always be weary.

Truth be told, sorry it hurts.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Truth be told, even if it hurts.

The Pendleton era is not a thing. He hasn’t even coached for a year yet. Give the kid a chance, but recognize that he is a kid. Just because you played college football doesn’t mean you can coach a team. It sucks that he has such a tough opponent first game. It will be interesting to see how he and his kids respond after getting beat with a running clock. I wish Ironton the best and I would like to see them be good again. I’m sure he has a winning mentality, but coaching is a lot different than playing. Personally, I think they may go 7-3 (at best) but don’t expect any better than that. The first one is a guaranteed loss, so they will have to win 7 out of the next 9 games... Please don’t get your hopes so high with this kid. You may very well be disappointed again. Throughout history there have been many revolutionary people, one common trait in them is humility. It seems as though this young kid is already talking his mouth, again proving his childish mentality and misfit for coaching. I hope his kids don’t take on that mentality. One can hope that he matures and recognizes that Rome wasn’t built in a year, nor with pride and arrogance. High hopes and wishes to Ironton football. Be realistic, be humble and always be weary.

Truth be told, sorry it hurts.

If you're from ironton you see the difference already. It's attitude and discipline. The mechanics are yet to be seen. The funny thing is you can't find a post on here that is 10 pages long unless it's ironton in the topic. People want to see us stay down because inside they know the possibilities and alot of Burg people have been getting cocky with these running clock predictions and dynasty comparisons

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Tigers Good luck tonight at the 7 on 7 at Valley!

Return to “Football”