2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Pendleton - New Ironton Head Football Coach

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like a great Staff already, can’t wait to see who else comes onboard. If I was a player I’d be extremely exited to play for this Staff.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I've never heard of Terry Miller, Brian Bowling and Joe Young.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

maverick -- well they are great people, that know the game. this is a hardnose staff they are putting together. but I can't say anything else about assistants. but I met a few last night, trust me.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:54 pm maverick -- well they are great people, that know the game. this is a hardnose staff they are putting together. but I can't say anything else about assistants. but I met a few last night, trust me.
Do you know the credentials/experience of the three guys mentioned?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 4:22 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:54 pm maverick -- well they are great people, that know the game. this is a hardnose staff they are putting together. but I can't say anything else about assistants. but I met a few last night, trust me.
I know a little about each one as all 3 have been around the Tiger program for a while..........and I will tell you that one of the 3 puts out some mighty good "RIBS" on the grill.....and beans to go with the RIBS..........

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:46 pm I've never heard of Terry Miller, Brian Bowling and Joe Young.
Terry Miller coached at Portsmouth a few years ago his a great guy and knows what his talking about with footbal. Is Brian bowling mr. Bowling the history teacher at ihs?

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

I think the staff he picked will do a great job, Merrill has been around for awhile and he is a great pick to get coach Pendleton off the ground and coach Miller will be a great asset also. Don't know much about coach Bowling, Jared Pentleton or Joe Young . Can't speak for anyone else but I'm excited about the upcoming season, Won't be long until kickoff, Go TIGERS!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes I do pirate.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BubbleGumTiger wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 4:47 pm
I know a little about each one as all 3 have been around the Tiger program for a while..........and I will tell you that one of the 3 puts out some mighty good "RIBS" on the grill.....and beans to go with the RIBS..........
I heard that brother. it'll give new meaning to the training table.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

timbo5252 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:11 pm I think the staff he picked will do a great job, Merrill has been around for awhile and he is a great pick to get coach Pendleton off the ground and coach Miller will be a great asset also. Don't know much about coach Bowling, Jared Pentleton or Joe Young . Can't speak for anyone else but I'm excited about the upcoming season, Won't be long until kickoff, Go TIGERS!
Should be a good staff a lot of work ahead of them to catch up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think this is just the outfit to get this done.

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

Well baseball is over soon all the baseball players should be joining practice soon.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope we have some good depth this year.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:04 pm I hope we have some good depth this year.
How is depth possible with such a small roster and overall enrollment? Against who? Another rinky dink OVC cream puff? How will the depth match up against teams with ACTUAL depth like Wheelersburg or Ashland?

No such thing as depth when you have a 30 or 40 man roster and your playing against the same. Depth will only play a role against the programs that actually have depth.

From what I have seen now from Ironton for the last few years is they are slow and small and they struggle in coverage against spread teams. I dont expect the slow or small to change. If this team is gonna make any imrpovements AT ALL they are gonna have to improve a lot as it concerns conditioning and technique because as far as athletes go - they just dont have any horses.

BTWN_THE_LINE
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:04 pm I hope we have some good depth this year.
How is depth possible with such a small roster and overall enrollment? Against who? Another rinky dink OVC cream puff? How will the depth match up against teams with ACTUAL depth like Wheelersburg or Ashland?

No such thing as depth when you have a 30 or 40 man roster and your playing against the same. Depth will only play a role against the programs that actually have depth.

From what I have seen now from Ironton for the last few years is they are slow and small and they struggle in coverage against spread teams. I dont expect the slow or small to change. If this team is gonna make any imrpovements AT ALL they are gonna have to improve a lot as it concerns conditioning and technique because as far as athletes go - they just dont have any horses.
Nelsonville-York is smaller than Ironton and we generally have a roster of 50 kids. They just need to get the kids to come out and play.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigCarlito72 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 pm

MAYBE YOU NEED A HOBBY HOSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

They have had too many players that left, for one reason or another,
that's going to hurt them. I wish them the best of luck.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

2thwzd wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 am
2thwzd wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 am
Mavrick2016 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:46 pm I've never heard of Terry Miller, Brian Bowling and Joe Young.
Miller and Bowling are teachers/coaches at the High School I believe, Miller coached with Bob Lutz in younger days, as well as Bowling I believe, Young coached with Triplett is what word is :) Definately sounds like the program may be headed for a 360 soon
you mean a 180? Smart to have some teachers on staff.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

2thwzd wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:36 am
wobycat wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:25 am
2thwzd wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 am
you mean a 180? Smart to have some teachers on staff.
No cat, 360, complete turn around, at least that's the word "on the street"
Sorry but that doesn't make sense to me. Lol A 360 is going back to the original spot. I think Ironton fans want to go in the opposite direction which would be 180, I get what you're saying though.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Love to see coach Pendleton have a great first year.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”