2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Pendleton - New Ironton Head Football Coach

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:08 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:58 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:41 am

He was being an @sshat and I dont care where he is from. Why grown @ss adults think its entertaining to come onto a high school sports forum and downgrade players and a coach that is just getting his feet wet is beyond me. Probably people who never even played sports in high school and beyond to top it off.

And that wasnt a ripping snowflake lol. I asked him what was humorous going from 4-6 to 7-3, especially in the OVC.

If you want to bring up the OVC, they have factually been much less of competition than the SOC II in the past 10 years. That goes for head to head match ups, playoff wins and playoff appearances. Sure they have some teams that can play and have good years. But overall they are weaker than the SOC and thats the facts jack.

2017-

CG 9-1 regular season
SP 2-8
GA 5-5
Portsmouth 5-5
Fairland 6-4
Rock Hill 4-6
Chesapeake 4-6

Fairland 0-3 vs SOC II
RH was 1-2 vs SOC I and II (Only beat NW)
Portsmouth 1-1 (beat a very sub par Valley team)

Id say Trevon has a very good path to make the playoffs this season through playing in the OVC.

Anymore comments about this Wobycat? I would love to hear your non factual based comments some more.
So what you’re saying is, BG6 can’t laugh at a comical statement, because that is down grading kids? But you can come on here right after and down grade an entire conference of kids? You are quite the conundrum.

Just to clear the air with your, average at best, attempt to bash BG6. He did in fact play. So, I assume now that you’re an @sshat.
One who likes to play the victim. But in actuality is the villain snowflake who gets offended because someone doesn’t agree with you. Then you try your best to bash.
The OVC is the easier conference to turn around a program like Ironton vs the SOC. Fact based on their performance.

You're an idiot. Everyone that knows you on here knows that you didnt even play sports so plug that hole under your mouth and stop acting like you were a Burg superstar. It's ridiculous
🤓🤓 Burg superstar? 😂🤣 Please visit through my 1700 posts and find the 1 post where I’ve said anything of the sort.

But please go on. You obviously are a Nancy Snowflake. Can’t come up with a decent attempt at a retort, so you must resort to trying to demean me. Guess what, idgaf what you’ve got to say. I’m proud of who I am. Seems you’re the one a bit uncomfortable with yourself.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

For as fine ‘a community as Ironton is, it is by far the one of the most toxic places to coach in Ohio - if message board activities are any indication of the like.

Good luck to the new coach. He’s going to need to start 5-0, because if he doesn’t and starts 3-2/2-3 then the entire message board consortium of Ironton is going to run his butt on a rail out of town before the completion of his first season.

Juiceboxguy
Waterboy

Post by Juiceboxguy »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:19 pm I hate to throw a big "IF" into this celebration but this could be a Scioto County conspiracy. Pendleton accepts the position to Tank the Tigers. He will maintain the status quo with 5-5 or 4-6 seasons biding his time for his trimphant to West as a head coach. By then the Ironton program will be in shambles, the Burg will surpass Ironton in head to head wins, and there will be no power programs in Lawrence County to speak of except the possibility of Coal Grove rising to the top for an extended period of time. Sound crazy? It may be, but then what IF?
What if this is the craziest thing I’ve read on here?

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Juiceboxguy wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:28 am
79Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:19 pm I hate to throw a big "IF" into this celebration but this could be a Scioto County conspiracy. Pendleton accepts the position to Tank the Tigers. He will maintain the status quo with 5-5 or 4-6 seasons biding his time for his trimphant to West as a head coach. By then the Ironton program will be in shambles, the Burg will surpass Ironton in head to head wins, and there will be no power programs in Lawrence County to speak of except the possibility of Coal Grove rising to the top for an extended period of time. Sound crazy? It may be, but then what IF?
What if this is the craziest thing I’ve read on here?
See my post on page 2. You may need to look up a word.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

geeze o pete with the negativity. I'm sorry thing didn't work out with the previous staff, but they had what 7 years or something like that. with the crazy success ironton had achieved the past 40 years before that. it's easy to see why there was a restless natives situation. I don't expect trevon to come in the 1st year and smash burg, go undefeated and make a deep playoff run. especially after losing so much to graduation and various starters leaving for elsewhere. but the past is the past. what I'm looking for is a definite show of improved discipline and respect by the staff and players. sound fundamental football at all levels and across the board. stop shooting ourselves in the foot with senseless 15 yarders. improved blocking and tackling, oline staying with blocks longer. and tackles seen all the way through till the ball carrier is on the ground. sound execution and cohesiveness.a team coming together for one common goal, getting better every play. a team that is much better conditioned, and has more pride and drive. and a team that can lose as well as they win with dignity. --------------------- and trevon must be given a chance. we don't need lynch mobs after the guy before there is even a snap played. quit trying to talk him into another program already. successful coaches will always have other opportunities. but I don't see this guy looking at this as a stepping stone. he's the kind of tough grind it out guy that the community and team needs. he should have it as good as it gets at ironton as his position and status is earned, the same as any player. bob lutz had other opportunities all along. but it was after earning the respect of other programs and putting together winning seasons. give trevon a chance, welcome him and make him feel that he is loved and supported. and all the rest will fall into place.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and he is not coaching in the greater catholic league, he's coaching in the ovc. so a winning season very well may produce a playoff appearance. which is more icing on the cake, let's take this one day at a time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Can Ironton wannabes stay out of the mix and let him do his job. He’s a good hire but will they give him time?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TOUGH wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:27 pm More proof my information matches up. Sounds like Coach Pendleton is wise beyond his years.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/sports/ ... 0bac2.html

Good article!
Nice article, good to see 40 kids showed up. Hopefully more kids will pick up on Coach Pendletons attitude and eagerness to get after it and come out and play.

GO TIGERS........

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

I'm sitting here eating my lunch and wondering where some of you idiots have come from? Trevon Pendleton is a wonderful, hard working, knowledgeable and proven winner. He has never backed down from a challenge and I know he won't back down from this one. All of you negative nancy's should pack your bags and go help destroy another school and its program. That is exactly what some of you are doing or have already done. I'm tired of listening to all of your crap. Get on this young mans back, give him support and he may just take you back to championship football!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

rxburgfan wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:44 am Can Ironton wannabes stay out of the mix and let him do his job. He’s a good hire but will they give him time?
can burg fans stay off of ironton topics, if their only intention is to degrade ironton. we hope they'll give him the time. are you folks actually even posting on burg topics or just irontons. THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT A RIVALRY. KNOWING EACH OTHER AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE OR RUNNING SCARED.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:22 am
TOUGH wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:27 pm More proof my information matches up. Sounds like Coach Pendleton is wise beyond his years.

Good article!
Nice article, good to see 40 kids showed up. Hopefully more kids will pick up on Coach Pendletons attitude and eagerness to get after it and come out and play.

GO TIGERS........
that sounds awesome to me.
and it's early.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:54 am For as fine ‘a community as Ironton is, it is by far the one of the most toxic places to coach in Ohio - if message board activities are any indication of the like.

Good luck to the new coach. He’s going to need to start 5-0, because if he doesn’t and starts 3-2/2-3 then the entire message board consortium of Ironton is going to run his butt on a rail out of town before the completion of his first season.
I agree with this. There was too much information on this board than there should have been, but that happens when the process takes way longer than it should have. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and let Coach Pendleton see what he can do and not expect a complete 180 this fall.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:41 am
rxburgfan wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:44 am Can Ironton wannabes stay out of the mix and let him do his job. He’s a good hire but will they give him time?
can burg fans stay off of ironton topics, if their only intention is to degrade ironton. we hope they'll give him the time. are you folks actually even posting on burg topics or just irontons. THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT A RIVALRY. KNOWING EACH OTHER AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE OR RUNNING SCARED.
There is nothing nearly as entertaining to talk about in the Burg topics right now as much as this 3-ring circus has been. Honestly, I am glad they made a good hire and things are moving forward.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

A conversation with new Ironton football coach Trevon Pendleton. Plus, NFL draft talk and the Reds finally win 2 games in a row.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... iz2q5J0hyA

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:41 am
I am in favor of the hire but read the other thread and see what the Tiger faithful were saying and look at the fiasco of the hiring process. Settle down tiger and these threads are for everyone. I must have overlooked the “Ironton Only” directive.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:42 am

Good article!

GO TIGERS........
and it's early.
I read the article. Nobody needs to convince me that Pendleton is a winner and a good hire. But Lafon went out of his way to make himself look like it was him and only him that got Pendleton on board. Lafon pats himself on the back when he was one of the main obstacles to Pendleton to begin with. Such a low class move on his part.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

4thgoal wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:44 am
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:54 am For as fine ‘a community as Ironton is, it is by far the one of the most toxic places to coach in Ohio - if message board activities are any indication of the like.

I agree with this. There was too much information on this board than there should have been, but that happens when the process takes way longer than it should have. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and let Coach Pendleton see what he can do and not expect a complete 180 this fall.
I hope that is exactly what hapeens and burg and ironton becomes a marquee game again 4th.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

79Tiger wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:11 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:42 am

GO TIGERS........
and it's early.
I read the article. Nobody needs to convince me that Pendleton is a winner and a good hire. But Lafon went out of his way to make himself look like it was him and only him that got Pendleton on board. Lafon pats himself on the back when he was one of the main obstacles to Pendleton to begin with. Such a low class move on his part.
yeah, I heard the same thing. trifelin.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Are the guys still leaving that we’re rumored to be leaving or did Meeting Coach Pendleton change their mind?

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:37 am I'm sitting here eating my lunch and wondering where some of you idiots have come from? Trevon Pendleton is a wonderful, hard working, knowledgeable and proven winner. He has never backed down from a challenge and I know he won't back down from this one. All of you negative nancy's should pack your bags and go help destroy another school and its program. That is exactly what some of you are doing or have already done. I'm tired of listening to all of your crap. Get on this young mans back, give him support and he may just take you back to championship football!!
I agree totally with you..Ive coached many years and am retired now. I have seen guys be head coaches for years and and never develop a program but people hire them because they were a head coach previously and by-pass a good assistant. All good coaches start as an assistant somewhere. No one ever started out as a head coach. Trevon will be fine. Pride hard work, discipline character and integrity is a great resume for a coach. Trevon has these qualities and will inject those things back into the program..There are always wanna be coaches that think they know but have never played a day or coached a game.Ignore those kind of people and move forward supporting your new coach. Im sure Trevon won't give those type people a second thought. Especially with a task at hand.

Return to “Football”