2018 PVC Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

wagner97
Freshman Team

Re: Make PVC Great Again

Post by wagner97 »

Three big ones: Shadyside, Barnesville, River.

I think Trail would come back. Supposedly an offer has been made.

Get Shadyside and I think River would come.

Barnesville??? They seem to cherish their independence. Almost remind me of the Notre Dame mentality of high school football in that regard.

I did read on another site that supposedly Bridgeport is in big big trouble with numbers this year....

This is a great plan and would create the best "conference" in the Valley in my opinon. All that is needed is some young, enterprising athletic director to make it happen.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I’ve been told that 78 year old league commissioner Ullman is set in his ways. I’ve talked to 4 higher ups with some of these schools and they have realized things need to change and ready for change. All 10 of these schools just need to have a meeting and listen to the other schools. Imagine this a big 5 game season football preview at one of the schools. You know how much fun and money that would make. You could even have it at a neutral site. This league needs something new and some hype. Heck it’s 2018 and the PVC does not even have a website.

skinnyblonde
Waterboy

Post by skinnyblonde »

Let's call for Don Ullman to step down and give it to some younger blood, we have good young blood in the conference! Let's go!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

skinnyblonde wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:38 am Let's call for Don Ullman to step down and give it to some younger blood, we have good young blood in the conference! Let's go!!!
Was told he does not believe inviting teams as a group. I don’t get why not if other schools knew others were in it be hard to turn down. I hear he’s a nice guy but the league is dying.

skinnyblonde
Waterboy

Post by skinnyblonde »

Doesn't make sense. Clint Crane or Roger Kirkpatrick would be great ambassadors for the new league. While I truly believe what Ullman has done is good, it is obvious that the PVC has suffered in recent years. I heard coaches don't even have a year end meeting to vote for players of the year and first team, they just tell you you can put them wherever you want, is that really a good idea?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

skinnyblonde wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:47 pm Doesn't make sense. Clint Crane or Roger Kirkpatrick would be great ambassadors for the new league. While I truly believe what Ullman has done is good, it is obvious that the PVC has suffered in recent years. I heard coaches don't even have a year end meeting to vote for players of the year and first team, they just tell you you can put them wherever you want, is that really a good idea?
This league needs to give all the players in all sports the proper due. It needs a website. All these teams are struggling for games. The PVC should never be going to Boone county or Franklin Furnace for games. Fort has to play Federal Hocking this year....Is that really best for business?

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Fort Frye needs to dump the PVC and join the TVC. Be part of the future instead of stuck in the 1980's. Time to step up your game and join a conference with a real future. Call Kenny Bond and see what you need to do to get in. I've been told by a few AD's who wish to remain anonymous that you'll easily get enough votes, so all you have to do is ask.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

koondoger wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:57 pm Fort Frye needs to dump the PVC and join the TVC. Be part of the future instead of stuck in the 1980's. Time to step up your game and join a conference with a real future. Call Kenny Bond and see what you need to do to get in. I've been told by a few AD's who wish to remain anonymous that you'll easily get enough votes, so all you have to do is ask.
You might be right. I think if they did they should petition to be a southeast team.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Boy, if you start drinkin' that shine that Koondumbass is peddling, you need to step away from this board. Want to resurrect the PVC and make it a vibrant league? That's easy. Just approach the man that stepped away as head coach in Woodsfield after 47 years today and see if he would be willing to broker the deal and get the teams that have been mentioned into the league. I've known Jay for almost 50 years, if anyone can do it, he can, I hope someone picks up the phone and calls him, as of today, he's a free agent!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Steely Dan wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:56 pm Boy, if you start drinkin' that shine that Koondumbass is peddling, you need to step away from this board. Want to resurrect the PVC and make it a vibrant league? That's easy. Just approach the man that stepped away as head coach in Woodsfield after 47 years today and see if he would be willing to broker the deal and get the teams that have been mentioned into the league. I've known Jay for almost 50 years, if anyone can do it, he can, I hope someone picks up the phone and calls him, as of today, he's a free agent!
He should be the new league commissioner. I’m just saying it’s not good for football scheduling when you only have 4 league games. That’s 6 non league games you have to play and believe it or not teams are not knocking down Forts door to play them.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

He should be the new league commissioner. I’m just saying it’s not good for football scheduling when you only have 4 league games. That’s 6 non league games you have to play and believe it or not teams are not knocking down Forts door to play them.
[/quote]

NY has called several times. Yet The Fort will not play them. Why??????? Both Division 6 and this was a great playoff game so why not make it a regular season game. Only 1 hour drive yet The Fort wants to play Federal Hocking instead???????????

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

footballfan wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:09 pm He should be the new league commissioner. I’m just saying it’s not good for football scheduling when you only have 4 league games. That’s 6 non league games you have to play and believe it or not teams are not knocking down Forts door to play them.
NY has called several times. Yet The Fort will not play them. Why??????? Both Division 6 and this was a great playoff game so why not make it a regular season game. Only 1 hour drive yet The Fort wants to play Federal Hocking instead???????????
[/quote]

Nelsonville does not have week 4 open. Fort was going to play Warren but they backed out. Federal Hocking was literally only team that had an open. Playing NY week 2 in 2019 does not make sense because Fort will have a new QB and playing that game @NY just isn’t logical. Also NY wouldn’t budge they had to have the home game 1st.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Wrong. NY called and said they would play either place first. NY is looking for weeks 2 and 3 in 2019 and 2020. So they could do whatever is needed. And just because you are replacing a QB is not a reason not to play. Heck NY just replaced a 4 year starting QB and went 13-1. He was a senior and now they will replace another QB. Lets get this game on the schedule.

Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

footballfan wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:09 pm Wrong. NY called and said they would play either place first. NY is looking for weeks 2 and 3 in 2019 and 2020. So they could do whatever is needed. And just because you are replacing a QB is not a reason not to play. Heck NY just replaced a 4 year starting QB and went 13-1. He was a senior and now they will replace another QB. Lets get this game on the schedule.
FF wants no part of NY. Your points make that clear.

“Do you want to see bofa?” :mrgreen:
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:02 pm
footballfan wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:09 pm He should be the new league commissioner. I’m just saying it’s not good for football scheduling when you only have 4 league games. That’s 6 non league games you have to play and believe it or not teams are not knocking down Forts door to play them.
[/quote]
Nelsonville does not have week 4 open. Fort was going to play Warren but they backed out. Federal Hocking was literally only team that had an open. Playing NY week 2 in 2019 does not make sense because Fort will have a new QB and playing that game @NY just isn’t logical. Also NY wouldn’t budge they had to have the home game 1st.
[/quote]

Actually... We needed a he game that week in 2018, 2019 would be a road game. We have a one year deal with Martin's Ferry so you could still work out a home and home for 2019/2020
Coach Richards made every effort to get you guys on the schedule. I would have liked to seen a home and home get done but the Buckeyes are moving forward at this point.
Hope to see you guys in the playoffs soon

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2018 PVC Football Outlook

Post by EasternDspy »

Overall the league could still have 3 playoff teams out of 5.

skinnyblonde
Waterboy

Re: 2018 PVC Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Post by skinnyblonde »

shenandoah and fort frye are in but with shenandoah beefing up their schedule a couple slip ups could prove costly
Caldwell in ? I think its likely. I see 8-2.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This Cadets team is going to be different and one of the more fun teams to watch. Tyler Fisher might be the leagues top playmaker.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Any results in passing scrimmages

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

This is the year of the blimp I hear!

Return to “Football”