Instant Replay In HS Football ??

Omega
SEOPS H

Instant Replay In HS Football ??

Post by Omega »

Longer games and increased costs possibly coming to your school versus getting the call right:

From Stateline Sportsline (excerpt re Alabama):

MONTGOMERY, Alabama – The Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA) has received permission from the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) to provide instant replay for member schools for up to three years beginning with the upcoming 2018 football season.

The AHSAA is partnering with DVSport, Inc., a Pittsburgh (PA) based Software Company, which has provided Instant Replay Solutions in NCAA college football since 2005. The AHSAA Central Board of Control approved the partnership and project at its quarterly board meeting Thursday. Participation is optional for member schools.

Most of the NCAA’s major conferences use DVSport Instant Replay Solutions including the Southeastern Conference, Atlantic Coast Conference, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 12, Ohio Valley, Sunbelt, SWAC, Missouri Valley, Mountain West, Big South, Big Sky, Colonial, MAC and MEAC conferences. DVSport also provides instant replay for the College Football Playoffs, FCS, D-II, D-III playoffs and NAIA championship game.

AHSAA Executive Director Steve Savarese

“We are grateful to the NFHS for approving our request. This gives our officials the opportunity to use the same technology coaches have been equipped with on their sidelines to get the call right.”
“While this replay process is in the initial stages of development, the AHSAA is committed to working with DVSport and the NFHS to develop a cost effective process to assist both our coaches and officials In addition, all football state championship games will use the same replay fan experience DVSport provides for SEC contests.”

The NFHS permits state associations to experiment in certain situations to determine the future viability of rules changes.

NFHS Executive Director Bob Gardner

“As technology improvements evolve, the use of instant replay is an area of interest for the NFHS Football Rules Committee. We welcome the Alabama High School Athletic Association’s experiment in use of replay in the 2018 season. We hope to learn the advantages as well as any problems associated with replay from the use in Alabama.”

The AHSAA, which has been actively studying instant replay options for the last five years, along with DVSport Instant Replay Solutions, will collect and study the data over the next year with a possibility of three years of experimentation.

DVSport CEO Brian Lowe

“Alabama is at the forefront of using cutting-edge-technology in the high school athletics setting and with its deep football roots, it is a perfect place for this partnership to begin.”

DVSport Replay technology gives officials the ability to review video from multiple camera angles within seconds of the play happening. Once a coach challenges a play, the on-field referee will be able to review a play on a system located on the sideline.

No stranger to replay solutions, DVSport has been the leading provider of Instant Replay Solutions since 2005 in both the professional and intercollegiate sports markets. DVSport’s replay solutions have been used in over 400 venues, 10,000 collegiate football games, 20,000 collegiate basketball games, and 1,500 professional games to complete more than 100,000 reviews.
The AHSAA’s protocol will be as follows:

Section 1. Instant replay is a process whereby video review is used to let stand or reverse certain on-field decisions made by game officials.

Section 2. The instant replay process operates under the assumption that the official’s ruling on the field is correct. The replay official may reverse a ruling only if the video evidence convinces him or her beyond all doubt that the ruling on the field was incorrect. Without indisputable video evidence that the ruling on the field was incorrect, the ruling will stand as called.

Instant replay will be available at schools that use DVSport Instant Replay’s system. No other instant replay system will be allowed, according to the AHSAA protocol.

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2018 ... nt-replay/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Rvfan
Freshman Team

Re: Instant Replay In HS Football ??

Post by Rvfan »

Nice, but I think it would be hard for smaller schools to be able to afford to do this.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

not gonna happen here. if it ever happens here. it will be in a state championship game. that would be awesome. ironton could have won a couple of more state titles had this been in place years ago.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:27 am not gonna happen here. if it ever happens here. it will be in a state championship game. that would be awesome. ironton could have won a couple of more state titles had this been in place years ago.
Ironton would have a couple more if Coach Lutz knew how to manage the clock or coach the kicking game.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:27 am not gonna happen here. if it ever happens here. it will be in a state championship game. that would be awesome. ironton could have won a couple of more state titles had this been in place years ago.
How'd I know Tiger Bait would mention how this could've effected Ironton somehow someway. LOL

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you'll get that sometimes ovc. if you'd have been at a couple of them you'd know what I'm talking about.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember a loss to Wauseon on a very controversial field goal. of course, we have no instant replay. I was there. I remember fighting tiger fans erupting because we all thought he missed it. and several refs said no good if I remember correctly. then they had a pow wow, and called it good. nobody will ever know without seeing it on film. which I've not seen. I remember in 99. against Sandusky perkins. ironton went for it on 4th and one. which I'd have never done, I'd have punted. but we clearly got the 1st down. we got a very poor spot. Sandusky got the ball back, and scored on a long pass. again I remember seeing the ironton crowd erupt because we all thought he stepped out of bounds, and the game would have been over. I talked to many reputable people that were in that endzone area that felt he was out of bounds. but it should have never happened, because we converted on 4th n 1. --------------- I remember a pass to an ASVSM'S receiver that the receiver was laid out. the ball hit the turf 3 feet in front of the guy and bounced in to his hands. and was called a catch. so if you were not there, you would not know. but I have a feeling you were there. it is what it is. that's just off the top of my head because I'm doing laundry. then there were games like mentor lake catholic where we were beaten about the head n face like a pee wee team. I think joe juravicious is still catching passes. so if anything, I shoot straight from the hip.

Return to “Football”