2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: 2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

That is nice to hear. Anything that may raise the level of competition for all the schools in the SOC is always a good thing.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

That's awesome hopefully those numbers hold and they build on it.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Getting closer ! Good to hear the gains in the weight room.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Looking at the schedule I think Minford needs to win 2 out of the 4 of these games at least to have a shot at 7-3 and maybe playoffs. Oak Hill, Nelsonville York, Waverly, West.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

What does the scrimmage schedule look like. I know the 17th we are at Fairland for the Jamboree and the 10th we play home against Piketon. Any others?

handwash77
Waterboy

Post by handwash77 »

I heard matiz left portsmouth and went back to minford. I believe he was the defensive coordinator.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

handwash77 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:59 pm I heard matiz left portsmouth and went back to minford. I believe he was the defensive coordinator.
If true that’s big time for Minford IMO.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

This is true.

vladimir
S

Re: 2018 Minford

Post by vladimir »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:59 pm If the kid is going to quit for not being the QB, then let him. The team is better off without him or his dad. You can’t let a kid or his parents tell you where he is going to play.
100% hit the nail on the head. I couldn't agree more with that statement. Sounds like to me, his Dad is teaching him the wrong way to handle things by quitting/ not playing if he doesn't get his way. How about teaching him to earn his spot thru hard work? Also, sometimes you'll have to play another position for the betterment of the team. That's what being a TEAM is all about.

If the kid is a prima donna and the Dad is selfish by not teaching his kid to be team a player, then why even have them around? They're a cancer and will set a precedent of things to come in future years, so you're better off without them. Since when do parents control what happens in the locker room? :roll:

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

vladimir wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:16 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:59 pm If the kid is going to quit for not being the QB, then let him. The team is better off without him or his dad. You can’t let a kid or his parents tell you where he is going to play.
100% hit the nail on the head. I couldn't agree more with that statement. Sounds like to me, his Dad is teaching him the wrong way to handle things by quitting/ not playing if he doesn't get his way. How about teaching him to earn his spot thru hard work? Also, sometimes you'll have to play another position for the betterment of the team. That's what being a TEAM is all about.

If the kid is a prima donna and the Dad is selfish by not teaching his kid to be team a player, then why even have them around? They're a cancer and will set a precedent of things to come in future years, so you're better off without them. Since when do parents control what happens in the locker room? :roll:
Well....it seems to happen at Minford regularly now. In several sports, both boys and girls sports.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

no matter who replaced Daniels it was going to be tough..... but this sort of stuff just makes it worse

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I saw on another thread that Northwest is getting field turf for 2019.....has their been any talk about Minford getting turf in the near future?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Someone goes into construction can't say I want to be a crane operator today. You just might have to be a flagman for a while. Doesn't matter if you daddy is the governor.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Wow only 4 Home games this year ! :?:

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

falcon1 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 am Wow only 4 Home games this year ! :?:
Why is this ?

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Penguin wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:22 am [quote=falcon1 post_id=<a href="tel:1674553">1674553</a> time=<a href="tel:1533650850">1533650850</a> user_id=856]
Wow only 4 Home games this year ! :?:
Why is this ?
[/quote]

If I remember correctly it was the original contract with Rock hill, they agreed to a 4 game contract with back to back home games for each team.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I have no idea why ! Just looked at the schedule. Loss of a home gate $ !

14U
S

Post by 14U »

You figure if your wife is making the schedule she would be getting home games and games you can win for computer points. Like KY and WV teams, big school but not good enough to beat you!! Back in the 90’s and 2000’s up until 2010 Ironton, Portsmouth and Burg did it and got huge points!! Also how does ur wife hire you being athletic director? Or did she step down until he was hired then came back as his boss? I heard a lot of things are going on behind the doors no control on players. Last year in locker room and showers and again this year. That’s what you get when your wife is ur boss and don’t come down hard on you, just slap hands!! I know this is true because it was on social media and it’s happening again this year.i was shown, sad, 2 years in a row. I know Matiz will not take that crap and there will be discipline. He is ur old school kind of guy, great man!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

transplant wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 3:57 pm I thought Ruby was the coach, not a kids dad? Minford would rather have a kid play QB just so he wont quit as oppose to playing a kid at QB that puts his team in a better position to win games?
I was thinking the same thing

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:17 am
TheNest20 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:49 am I can agree that it seems that track athletes seemed to be treated better under Ruby. I have talked to some of the kids on the track team and they seem to say they only do it to get on ruby's good side. With the Kelly situation you could go either way, many parents and kids say the only reason he starts is so he won't quit, but that could also just be from parents and kids who are scorned that they don't have a spot on the team. I will say though, it is kind off fishy how the kid doesn't play his Freshman year under Daniels, or his Sophomore year when Tyler McCormick held the reigns, and magically in his Junior year when the QB job was wide open, he decides he wants to play? :?

The dad apparently gave the former coach the ultimatum of his kid playing QB (Starting) or he wasnt playing. So he was told to hit the road because the dad wasnt the coach.

Under the new coach, the same ultimatum was made and granted. So he played and started.

When I say "apparently", all of the current coaches and former coaches under Daniels know about both situations. Its common knowledge. I also dont have anything against the dad, but he has and continues to rub people the wrong way in Minford by telling them how to coach even though he never played a high school sport. Its just a mess at this point.

Daniels turned the program around through his disciplined leadership. 5 or 6 straight years of making the playoffs, competing for the SOC to come up short several times to Burg (2 or more games of 7 or less point margins).

So far the new coach has went 5-5 and 4-6. Direct connection to the above if you ask me. I have nothing personally against any coaches previous or current, but when you allow parents to dictate your coaching style, you have sold out and lose respect of the other players and coaches on the team.

JMO.

I don’t think it’s going to get better. I see another 4-6 season!

Return to “Football”