2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: 2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

falcon117 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:00 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 pm I really hope Minford makes strides in the right direction this year. But as seen on SEOPS the constant bickering back and forth is the exact thing that has this program where it is today. When kids hear it from their parents at home, it bleeds into the locker room. Just support whoever is starting over your kid. Push your kid to win the spot back. But it seems kind of impossible with the atmosphere in that community.
For one, SEOPS has absolutely no influence on a football program. Mostly because the people on here have nothing to do with the program itself. The success/failure of a program solely lies at the leadership up top and the environment they choose for their program. Some coaches have the capability to get every kid to buy into a system even if they are not going to touch the field. Other coaches struggle with that. Before parents complain about playing time or other nonsense they have no idea about, they need to realize that they themselves are not at practice, summer weights, conditioning, film time, etc. Minford practices are not open for the public to come watch, and no parents are trying very hard to get a glimpse either. You have based your opinion and statement about an entire community around a few people on a public blog that ANYONE can say WHATEVER they want.
No, SEOPS doesn’t. You are correct. But as I said previously, the comments on here are the same ones being made in the community. It’s daddy ball. Not saying the coaches kid or whatever. I’m saying the coaches friends kid. The clicks. That’s how it’s all ran. From top to bottom. Only worrying about certain kids. That’s why you don’t have kids bought in. That’s the cancer. Why should they try, knowing it doesn’t really matter?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 pm I really hope Minford makes strides in the right direction this year. But as seen on SEOPS the constant bickering back and forth is the exact thing that has this program where it is today. When kids hear it from their parents at home, it bleeds into the locker room. Just support whoever is starting over your kid. Push your kid to win the spot back. But it seems kind of impossible with the atmosphere in that community.
While I agree with the point of "team" mentality that your post was trying to illustrate, I hardly think there is constant "bickering" among the Minford fans on here or in the community. The Minford program took a complete nosedive when Ruby took over. To single it out on one particular issue is not fair as we saw a decline in the overall coaching staff, weight program, etc. This year the coaching staff is much improved to what Ruby had the past 2 years. I know they have changed the weight/conditioning philosophy as well and it is apparent in the look of some of the kids after only one offseason.

They are still dealing with 14-18 year old kids in Minford, far different than the 18-21 year olds that roam the gridiron at Burg :lol: :lol:
So we will just call it a difference in maturity.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Ruby on the hot seat? And here we go again with the age crap, jealous ones still envy I guess. :lol:

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:37 am
While I agree with the point of "team" mentality that your post was trying to illustrate, I hardly think there is constant "bickering" among the Minford fans on here or in the community. The Minford program took a complete nosedive when Ruby took over. To single it out on one particular issue is not fair as we saw a decline in the overall coaching staff, weight program, etc. This year the coaching staff is much improved to what Ruby had the past 2 years. I know they have changed the weight/conditioning philosophy as well and it is apparent in the look of some of the kids after only one offseason.

They are still dealing with 14-18 year old kids in Minford, far different than the 18-21 year olds that roam the gridiron at Burg :lol: :lol:
According to the OHSAA Regulations on age, it states that where a high school student (grades 9-12) turns 20 years of age, he/she becomes ineligible for interscholastic athletics. So , therefore there are not any 20 or 21 year olds roaming the gridiron at Burg.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

😂😂 touché.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

2quick2catch wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:44 am Ruby on the hot seat? And here we go again with the age crap, jealous ones still envy I guess. :lol:
Just facts. Not jealousy. I guess we have 20 year old juniors at Minford too......college juniors that is.

I am in favor of the new age rule. Once you hit 20, you're done.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

a_c_m wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:03 am

According to the OHSAA Regulations on age, it states that where a high school student (grades 9-12) turns 20 years of age, he/she becomes ineligible for interscholastic athletics. So , therefore there are not any 20 or 21 year olds roaming the gridiron at Burg.
There definitely was last year, and the previous year, and the year before that.....etc etc.

Want to dispute? I am sure it would only take me a few minutes to throw a large list together.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

there has NEVER i repeat NEVER been a player older than 19 in the history of Ohio high school sports at Burg or anywhere. saying otherwise is STUPID and WRONG. the new rule allows the oldest players in history!

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Blitz wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:13 am there has NEVER i repeat NEVER been a player older than 19 in the history of Ohio high school sports at Burg or anywhere. saying otherwise is STUPID and WRONG. the new rule allows the oldest players in history!
I wouldn’t say “never” but really even if they are 19 during a season it makes a big difference especially in boys.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 pm
Blitz wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:13 am there has NEVER i repeat NEVER been a player older than 19 in the history of Ohio high school sports at Burg or anywhere. saying otherwise is STUPID and WRONG. the new rule allows the oldest players in history!
I wouldn’t say “never” but really even if they are 19 during a season it makes a big difference especially in boys.
I 110% agree it makes a difference. I just get tired of all the idiots claiming Burg and other schools have 20 somethings playing sports.... it's just STUPID and incorrect. Playing at 19 is the rule so why complain about a team following the rules.... again it's just stupid. i am willing to bet that every SOC II team has 19 year old on their team.... some more than others ;)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Blitz wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:16 pm
I 110% agree it makes a difference. I just get tired of all the idiots claiming Burg and other schools have 20 somethings playing sports.... it's just STUPID and incorrect. Playing at 19 is the rule so why complain about a team following the rules.... again it's just stupid. i am willing to bet that every SOC II team has 19 year old on their team.... some more than others ;)
You just said that there "has never been a player older than 19 in the history of Ohio high school sports at Burg or anywhere".

Want to make a bet on that? I would be careful on who you call "idiots" after making a stupid statement like that.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

If your following the rules who cares. If you can do it and don’t it’s your fault. Quit the whining

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:52 pm

You just said that there "has never been a player older than 19 in the history of Ohio high school sports at Burg or anywhere".

Want to make a bet on that? I would be careful on who you call "idiots" after making a stupid statement like that.
So are you saying the burg is breaking rules and playing 20 year olds?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg has had some players reach 19 before football was over but 98% will be 18 for most if not the entire senior year. It is ridiculous to have the notion that this makes a difference in football players. Last year Tanner Holden the D5 player of the year was 17. The only place you see age be a difference factor is junior high, where Burg historically hasn't been that strong.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Burg has had some players reach 19 before football was over but 98% will be 18 for most if not the entire senior year. It is ridiculous to have the notion that this makes a difference in football players. Last year Tanner Holden the D5 player of the year was 17. The only place you see age be a difference factor is junior high, where Burg historically hasn't been that strong.
So 98% of Burg's players will be 18 for most if not the entire senior year?? Really? That's not what I've heard. I'd be willing to bet a milkshake you're not even close on that stat. And you really don't believe being a year older makes a difference? I don't think you will find too many people that agree with that statement. Most folks believe it makes a darn big difference!

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

I’m not complaining it’s within the rules I have no problem with it but when some people say it doesn’t make a difference (which you did not) that to me is a dumb comment. It makes a huge difference.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

toast wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:27 pm

So 98% of Burg's players will be 18 for most if not the entire senior year?? Really? That's not what I've heard. I'd be willing to bet a milkshake you're not even close on that stat. And you really don't believe being a year older makes a difference? I don't think you will find too many people that agree with that statement. Most folks believe it makes a darn big difference!
Believe it, don’t believe it it really doesn’t matter but most of the burg seniors will be 18 for the majority of the season. For everyone that will turn 19 during season there will be one that will be 17 the majority of the season.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

toast wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Agreed. And a year (or two with a lot of these past players) makes a huge difference.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:11 pm

So are you saying the burg is breaking rules and playing 20 year olds?
Not anymore since they changed the rule this year.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:41 am
a_c_m wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:03 am

There definitely was last year, and the previous year, and the year before that.....etc etc.

Want to dispute? I am sure it would only take me a few minutes to throw a large list together.
So let’s see your large list. According to you it shouldn’t take long to throw together.

Return to “Football”