2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

14U
S

Re: 2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

Post by 14U »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:52 pm
fbnut wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:11 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:52 pm

You just said that there "has never been a player older than 19 in the history of Ohio high school sports at Burg or anywhere".

Want to make a bet on that? I would be careful on who you call "idiots" after making a stupid statement like that.
So are you saying the burg is breaking rules and playing 20 year olds?
Not anymore since they changed the rule this year.
There has never been a 20 year old play high school or they would have turned in and forfeit their season and everything they won!! I remember playing a team in a sport in high school and one player was 20 he was cut off team and team forfeit all games to that point. With burg being on radar for being dominant on most sports, and if there was a 20 year old it would have be caught or turned in by somebody because of the disliked like they are!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

2quick2catch wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:44 am Ruby on the hot seat? And here we go again with the age crap, jealous ones still envy I guess. :lol:
If Ruby is on the Hot Seat after two years it just not because of his record it’s because of what’s going on behind the scenes, locker room, weight room etc!! Horse play, no discipline and can’t control his players putting pics of activity in both!! I heard some players don’t play because of this. That’s just stuff I’ve heard and seen (pics) on social media with name of school with it.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:41 am
a_c_m wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:03 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:37 am

While I agree with the point of "team" mentality that your post was trying to illustrate, I hardly think there is constant "bickering" among the Minford fans on here or in the community. The Minford program took a complete nosedive when Ruby took over. To single it out on one particular issue is not fair as we saw a decline in the overall coaching staff, weight program, etc. This year the coaching staff is much improved to what Ruby had the past 2 years. I know they have changed the weight/conditioning philosophy as well and it is apparent in the look of some of the kids after only one offseason.

They are still dealing with 14-18 year old kids in Minford, far different than the 18-21 year olds that roam the gridiron at Burg :lol: :lol:
So we will just call it a difference in maturity.
According to the OHSAA Regulations on age, it states that where a high school student (grades 9-12) turns 20 years of age, he/she becomes ineligible for interscholastic athletics. So , therefore there are not any 20 or 21 year olds roaming the gridiron at Burg.
There definitely was last year, and the previous year, and the year before that.....etc etc.

Want to dispute? I am sure it would only take me a few minutes to throw a large list together.
I would like to know just a few 20 plus year old the played for burg? Can you put some down for us from other schools?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:52 pm
Blitz wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:16 pm
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 pm

I wouldn’t say “never” but really even if they are 19 during a season it makes a big difference especially in boys.
I 110% agree it makes a difference. I just get tired of all the idiots claiming Burg and other schools have 20 somethings playing sports.... it's just STUPID and incorrect. Playing at 19 is the rule so why complain about a team following the rules.... again it's just stupid. i am willing to bet that every SOC II team has 19 year old on their team.... some more than others ;)
You just said that there "has never been a player older than 19 in the history of Ohio high school sports at Burg or anywhere".

Want to make a bet on that? I would be careful on who you call "idiots" after making a stupid statement like that.
Everybody in the county knows there has been some 19 year olds playing but not 20 or ineligible to play!! I’ve seen many teams have some 19 on their team

14U
S

Post by 14U »

fbnut wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:09 pm If your following the rules who cares. If you can do it and don’t it’s your fault. Quit the whining
You’re right! If people complain about this for 40 years and had time to do it theirselves during that time. If they haven’t, then it’s their own fault not waiting to start their child a year later etc!!

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

14U wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:51 am
fbnut wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:09 pm If your following the rules who cares. If you can do it and don’t it’s your fault. Quit the whining
You’re right! If people complain about this for 40 years and had time to do it theirselves during that time. If they haven’t, then it’s their own fault not waiting to start their child a year later etc!!
Man you need to relax! Lol, social media is hard to control with players unless it’s brought to the coaches attention or administrators attention it’s hard to do anything about it. And again horse play if you are referring the kid having to get 3 stitches in the weight room that wasn’t from horse play. You just need to chill with all that.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:31 pm
Man you need to relax! Lol, social media is hard to control with players unless it’s brought to the coaches attention or administrators attention it’s hard to do anything about it. And again horse play if you are referring the kid having to get 3 stitches in the weight room that wasn’t from horse play. You just need to chill with all that.
What I was told it was last year was players was told and nothing else, then it was happening again this year and told again!! I’m going to ask a friend out there what was done again. I was also told that scioto county detectives were called and brought in for school and football, any truth?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Ur athletic director knows it all. Also no not stitches, it’s worse ya better ask around. I’m done with it. Thanks

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:15 am
2quick2catch wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:02 am Wheelersburg athletes stay with the program beyond junior high more often than their counterparts around southern Ohio. They may have a .500 junior high team time to time but they are being taught and coached up in the right ways. For example, for the longest time during Barrick's regime, the Wheelersburg Junior High for sure and most youth teams were not even permitted to play Zone defense. I know coach Woodward has a strong hand in the the football top to bottom as well. If you keep the majority of your kids from Junior High on out and you are doing the right things player development wise, you have a factory as the Burg does.
Thank you.

BTW the Burg thread is over that way >>>>>>>>

It would be a better place for your Burg comments and the secrets as to why Burg is a dynasty.
Bleeding Red wrote: ↑

While I agree with the point of "team" mentality that your post was trying to illustrate, I hardly think there is constant "bickering" among the Minford fans on here or in the community. The Minford program took a complete nosedive when Ruby took over. To single it out on one particular issue is not fair as we saw a decline in the overall coaching staff, weight program, etc. This year the coaching staff is much improved to what Ruby had the past 2 years. I know they have changed the weight/conditioning philosophy as well and it is apparent in the look of some of the kids after only one offseason.

They are still dealing with 14-18 year old kids in Minford, far different than the 18-21 year olds that roam the gridiron at Burg :lol: :lol:
So we will just call it a difference in maturity.

Says the guy who brought up The Burg in the first place. 😂😂

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Seriously though Bleeding Red, what record do you think the Falcons will finish with? Are there any losses from last year you think they will avenge this season? Is this Ruby’s last year or will he finally be on the right track?

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:03 pm Seriously though Bleeding Red, what record do you think the Falcons will finish with? Are there any losses from last year you think they will avenge this season? Is this Ruby’s last year or will he finally be on the right track?
I believe if Minford found some way to win 5-6 games, the year would be a success. Aside from Wheelersburg, West and Waverly lost a lot of talent and I am not sure what they have to replace that talent. Especially the QB from Waverly. If Ruby chooses to start Kelly, it will be the first time in several years that Minford will have the same QB two years in a row.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

14U wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Ur athletic director knows it all. Also no not stitches, it’s worse ya better ask around. I’m done with it. Thanks
You need to change your name to brett mcmurphy 2.0 if the proper people know about it and it was addressed then move on. Every school district in the country goes through social media problems. Let them handle it.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:03 pm Seriously though Bleeding Red, what record do you think the Falcons will finish with? Are there any losses from last year you think they will avenge this season? Is this Ruby’s last year or will he finally be on the right track?
They will get oak hill back for last year, I think 6-4, 7-3 could happen if they play an upset roll to either waverly, NY or west.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:32 pm
They will get oak hill back for last year, I think 6-4, 7-3 could happen if they play an upset roll to either waverly, NY or west.
I agree. I’m thinking a 6-4 year but if they could upset any of those three would be great.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If they can run the ball far better than last year, they finish 6-4 at worst or 8-2 at best.

If they cant runt the ball (ala vs Logan last year) they go 6-4 at best.

They have a much improved line, a very fast and strong backfield and the defense will be much better.

We will see.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Minford might win 2 games it’s going to be a long season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Falcons had better get there act together before going to Rock Hill.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Here we go again .

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Man, you guys jumping off Falcon bandwagon before season even starts. Rough crowd out there!*

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:18 am Man, you guys jumping off Falcon bandwagon before season even starts. Rough crowd out there!*
Well, no one has mentioned anything about Fairland? Are they going to be good, or are the Falcons in for more of the same?

Return to “Football”