2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: 2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:01 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:48 pm They'll be better off without him if that's his attitude, you don't want someone like that in the locker room infecting other players especially the younger more impressionable ones. Coaches don't want players like that there either so now they can prepare for the 2018 season with the guys that want to be there.
Wait a minute. Someone pointed out that last years QBs dad, now a senior, went to the coach and said he won’t play unless it’s at the QB position, which is what happened. To me I can understand the Mccormick kid not wanting to play when he knows he can’t even compete for a position that most on here feels he can.
Well let's look at it from a few directions here then and understand we all don't know the situation. If the coach is being pushed into a corner to start someone that shouldn't be based on the fact that kid won't play as a coach do you---A)play the kid because he won't play if he's not playing Quarterback or---B)Tell the dad and boy good bye, because you have another boy you KNOW can play the position and according to the experts on here can play it just as well if not better?? Now if you have an athlete that is good enough to compete and start at QB then you have an athlete that's talented enough to help your team in other areas. I hope for the McCormick's boys sake he spoke with the coach and got his clarity and didn't just go off rumors and here-say, if he can help the team the coach is going to get the kid on the field. If he's choosing to walk away because he doesn't get his shot at QB then essentially he's doing the same thing as the other boy's dad done. As a coach you have to get ahold of the situation, NOONE dictates how you run your program and if you set a precedent that shows you can be buffaloed then this won't be the 1st or last time.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Let's move on folks. I don't like how this conversation is going.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:39 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:48 pm They'll be better off without him if that's his attitude, you don't want someone like that in the locker room infecting other players especially the younger more impressionable ones. Coaches don't want players like that there either so now they can prepare for the 2018 season with the guys that want to be there.
Wait a minute. Someone pointed out that last years QBs dad, now a senior, went to the coach and said he won’t play unless it’s at the QB position, which is what happened. To me I can understand the Mccormick kid not wanting to play when he knows he can’t even compete for a position that most on here feels he can.
Well let's look at it from a few directions here then and understand we all don't know the situation. If the coach is being pushed into a corner to start someone that shouldn't be based on the fact that kid won't play as a coach do you---A)play the kid because he won't play if he's not playing Quarterback or---B)Tell the dad and boy good bye, because you have another boy you KNOW can play the position and according to the experts on here can play it just as well if not better?? Now if you have an athlete that is good enough to compete and start at QB then you have an athlete that's talented enough to help your team in other areas. I hope for the McCormick's boys sake he spoke with the coach and got his clarity and didn't just go off rumors and here-say, if he can help the team the coach is going to get the kid on the field. If he's choosing to walk away because he doesn't get his shot at QB then essentially he's doing the same thing as the other boy's dad done. As a coach you have to get ahold of the situation, NOONE dictates how you run your program and if you set a precedent that shows you can be buffaloed then this won't be the 1st or last time.
Both are great kids and good athletes I just think parents got into their heads on this one and both are good enough to start at other positions on the field and I hope if it comes to it they come out and play to win games because they can contribute highly.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:18 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:39 pm

Both are great kids and good athletes I just think parents got into their heads on this one and both are good enough to start at other positions on the field and I hope if it comes to it they come out and play to win games because they can contribute highly.
Exactly.....curious how are Minford's numbers looking this year??

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

I heard good things; the lift-a-thon fundraiser was surprisingly good we have gotten a lot stronger from last year which was a must. Numbers have been good i heard, I’d say around 40-to-50 with some on vacation and baseball I’m sure.
The players have said the coaches are pushing them harder than before this offseason which was really nice to hear.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

That is nice to hear. Anything that may raise the level of competition for all the schools in the SOC is always a good thing.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

That's awesome hopefully those numbers hold and they build on it.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Getting closer ! Good to hear the gains in the weight room.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Looking at the schedule I think Minford needs to win 2 out of the 4 of these games at least to have a shot at 7-3 and maybe playoffs. Oak Hill, Nelsonville York, Waverly, West.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

What does the scrimmage schedule look like. I know the 17th we are at Fairland for the Jamboree and the 10th we play home against Piketon. Any others?

handwash77
Waterboy

Post by handwash77 »

I heard matiz left portsmouth and went back to minford. I believe he was the defensive coordinator.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

handwash77 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:59 pm I heard matiz left portsmouth and went back to minford. I believe he was the defensive coordinator.
If true that’s big time for Minford IMO.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

This is true.

vladimir
S

Re: 2018 Minford

Post by vladimir »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:59 pm If the kid is going to quit for not being the QB, then let him. The team is better off without him or his dad. You can’t let a kid or his parents tell you where he is going to play.
100% hit the nail on the head. I couldn't agree more with that statement. Sounds like to me, his Dad is teaching him the wrong way to handle things by quitting/ not playing if he doesn't get his way. How about teaching him to earn his spot thru hard work? Also, sometimes you'll have to play another position for the betterment of the team. That's what being a TEAM is all about.

If the kid is a prima donna and the Dad is selfish by not teaching his kid to be team a player, then why even have them around? They're a cancer and will set a precedent of things to come in future years, so you're better off without them. Since when do parents control what happens in the locker room? :roll:

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: 2018 Minford

Post by Bleeding Red »

vladimir wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:16 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:59 pm If the kid is going to quit for not being the QB, then let him. The team is better off without him or his dad. You can’t let a kid or his parents tell you where he is going to play.
100% hit the nail on the head. I couldn't agree more with that statement. Sounds like to me, his Dad is teaching him the wrong way to handle things by quitting/ not playing if he doesn't get his way. How about teaching him to earn his spot thru hard work? Also, sometimes you'll have to play another position for the betterment of the team. That's what being a TEAM is all about.

If the kid is a prima donna and the Dad is selfish by not teaching his kid to be team a player, then why even have them around? They're a cancer and will set a precedent of things to come in future years, so you're better off without them. Since when do parents control what happens in the locker room? :roll:
Well....it seems to happen at Minford regularly now. In several sports, both boys and girls sports.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

no matter who replaced Daniels it was going to be tough..... but this sort of stuff just makes it worse

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I saw on another thread that Northwest is getting field turf for 2019.....has their been any talk about Minford getting turf in the near future?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Someone goes into construction can't say I want to be a crane operator today. You just might have to be a flagman for a while. Doesn't matter if you daddy is the governor.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Wow only 4 Home games this year ! :?:

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

falcon1 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 am Wow only 4 Home games this year ! :?:
Why is this ?