SEO Football Coach, Records, Titles, and Playoff History

Pointerfan
Waterboy

South Point Head Coach

Post by Pointerfan »

The last two bored meeting agendas say they discussed the head high school football coaching job. Anyone know what is going on here? Are we trying to make a change? If so do we already have someone in mind that we want and if we do who is he?

golfis4me
Riding the Bench

Re: South Point Head Coach

Post by golfis4me »

Where are you seeing the minutes? The last one I see posted on the districts website is from 10/9/17.

Pointerfan
Waterboy

Post by Pointerfan »

golfis4me wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:33 pm Where are you seeing the minutes? The last one I see posted on the districts website is from 10/9/17.
http://www.southpoint.k12.oh.us/agendas.aspx

Here is link sorry should have posted this already.

golfis4me
Riding the Bench

Post by golfis4me »

Well, I've heard its a possibility Kratzenburg might not be back next year because he doesn't want the job.

Pointerfan
Waterboy

Post by Pointerfan »

So has he resigned if not and he is but not yet what's taking so long?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

This job is a dumpster fire with the way the turn around happens almost every other year. Some one needs to take a step back and figure out what the problem is before it can be fixed.

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

Tartanblue wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:32 pm This job is a dumpster fire with the way the turn around happens almost every other year. Some one needs to take a step back and figure out what the problem is before it can be fixed.
The problem is a mixture of different things. One is the culture they create a since of entitlement. There principle is always saying school of champions but they haven't won much championships lately. There current coach at the beginning of the season said he didn't expect to win much this year on his podcast that he did like 3 times; which then creates a culture that the players start thinking well the coach dont care if we win why should we the coach don't have faith in us why should I care about it instead of just being out for myself. They need a coach that knows it's gonna take a couple years to rebuild the program but never says it out loud. Instead says they expect to win state first year to not give the players any doubt he believes in them and that he don't think they can win and to do so they have to put in the work believe what his telling them then it will create a culture of expectations of winning and working hard to do that. After all culture drives expectations and beliefs; expectations and beliefs drive behavior; behavior drives habits; and habits create the future. It all starts with culture.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well prayers from the baitcave for good moves for the pointer football and sports programs moving forward.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Tough place to Coach the previous BOE made some really bad hires for football coaches. They had a chance at one time to hire a quality head coach but went in the wrong direction.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it's definitely a program that needs re-booted. ironton does too.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
golfis4me
Riding the Bench

Post by golfis4me »

According to todays Ironton Tribune, the SPBOE is meeting tonight in a special session to discuss candidates applying for the position of high school football coach. So I guess Kratzenburg resigned.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

golfis4me wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:11 pm According to todays Ironton Tribune, the SPBOE is meeting tonight in a special session to discuss candidates applying for the position of high school football coach. So I guess Kratzenburg resigned.
Looks like it. There’s a couple posts about it on another thread. Someone speculated that they’re going after Triplet again

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

It's not the Coaching! Never has been. It's a thing called talent. Chase was a great Coach...The wheelersburg Coach could have swapped positions with Chase at beginning of year with the same result. Nick Saban could have been Coach same result. I'd rather see a Coach tell it like it is like Chase did instead of pumping the sunshine saying were shooting for state Championship.. Everyone including the players would have known that was bull crap with the talent they had... Telling the truth in todays liberal society is labeled as being negative even if it's telling the truth.. We have to be positive and lie because people are so sensitive. That's why i'm the President!!!! Thank you for your support and Melanie and I are announcing I will be taking a short leave of absence from my duties as your President to lead the pointers on the field this fall as Head Coach!!!! Thank you South Point Board for hiring me...I'll make Pointer football great again!!!!!!!

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

donaldtrump wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:35 pm It's not the Coaching! Never has been. It's a thing called talent. Chase was a great Coach...The wheelersburg Coach could have swapped positions with Chase at beginning of year with the same result. Nick Saban could have been Coach same result. I'd rather see a Coach tell it like it is like Chase did instead of pumping the sunshine saying were shooting for state Championship.. Everyone including the players would have known that was bull crap with the talent they had... Telling the truth in todays liberal society is labeled as being negative even if it's telling the truth.. We have to be positive and lie because people are so sensitive. That's why i'm the President!!!! Thank you for your support and Melanie and I are announcing I will be taking a short leave of absence from my duties as your President to lead the pointers on the field this fall as Head Coach!!!! Thank you South Point Board for hiring me...I'll make Pointer football great again!!!!!!!
Saying we're shooting for state is a goal every coach has that don't mean it's not a process you set smaller goals to reach the big goal. If you come in as a coach and year one say we're not expecting to win then that does two thing sets a mindset and culture that losing is ok and let's your players know you dont beilive in them for the rest of your time there players are gonna feel that way. You can be honest and not expect to win state year one but still seat it as your goal. You never put down your players in anyway don't even if you know there not good or they had a bad game cause once you put them down then there gonna turn there back on you cause you don't believe on them. You can come in as a coach and say we're gonna win state this and if you wanna do that we gotta put in the work and get better then we already are ; that way you set your goal for state your not putting down your players but your yelling them that you beilive in them and to reach that goal they gotta put in the work to get better to do it

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

donaldtrump wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:35 pm It's not the Coaching! Never has been. It's a thing called talent. Chase was a great Coach...The wheelersburg Coach could have swapped positions with Chase at beginning of year with the same result. Nick Saban could have been Coach same result. I'd rather see a Coach tell it like it is like Chase did instead of pumping the sunshine saying were shooting for state Championship.. Everyone including the players would have known that was bull crap with the talent they had... Telling the truth in todays liberal society is labeled as being negative even if it's telling the truth.. We have to be positive and lie because people are so sensitive. That's why i'm the President!!!! Thank you for your support and Melanie and I are announcing I will be taking a short leave of absence from my duties as your President to lead the pointers on the field this fall as Head Coach!!!! Thank you South Point Board for hiring me...I'll make Pointer football great again!!!!!!!
Talent yes has to be there but they have to be developed, prepared for any scenario, and must work together. Coaching is crucial especially the last two games. You’re basically playing yourself talent wise. There were several calls, by both teams, during the championship game that were great calls that not every coaching staff can see. Coach Kratzenberg is a good coach imo but his inexperience would not benefit him at that stage. You are right in one aspect they never gave Kratsenberg a chance to do what needed to be done. Probably because they didn’t take him seriously. Too bad because he would have been great there. South point administration=laughable

Pointerfan
Waterboy

Post by Pointerfan »

Any news on the coaching search?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Update?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Didn’t they hire the current coach at East?

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 pm Didn’t they hire the current coach at East?
Where did you hear this at?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Herdfan73 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:43 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 pm Didn’t they hire the current coach at East?
Where did you hear this at?
That is news to me also

Return to “Football”