2018 Meigs Marauders Football Outlook

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: Congrats to Meigs newest assistant coach

Post by Ground Buck »

WellstonLover wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 3:05 pm Congratulations to Nolan Yates on being officially named as an assistant coach for the Meigs Marauders! Sucks that we didn't get him but I'm sure this will help Meigs make a run this fall with his boy coming with him. Also, the spires boys are headed to Jackson which really really hurts our chances at a week one win this year or next. So that's a bummer. Oh well, things will be looking good in week 10 anyway! Again, congrats coach!! Well deserved!
Good luck to everyone involved in this move. Hope it all works out for the best, especially for the kids. Now the rest of the TVC Ohio can breathe a sigh of relief that the Spires boys aren't going to Meigs. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 am
WellstonLover wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 3:05 pm Congratulations to Nolan Yates on being officially named as an assistant coach for the Meigs Marauders! Sucks that we didn't get him but I'm sure this will help Meigs make a run this fall with his boy coming with him. Also, the spires boys are headed to Jackson which really really hurts our chances at a week one win this year or next. So that's a bummer. Oh well, things will be looking good in week 10 anyway! Again, congrats coach!! Well deserved!
Good luck to everyone involved in this move. Hope it all works out for the best, especially for the kids. Now the rest of the TVC Ohio can breathe a sigh of relief that the Spires boys aren't going to Meigs. :mrgreen:
Oh....the Spires boys are gone? There goes the QB phenom, correct? What happened here? Didn't Bartrum really help in grooming him? Again, who plays QB this season?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS NOLAN YATES.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Are you sure?? I heard he wasn't going to Meigs

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

itsme wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:03 am

It's a done deal.

juicebox
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Meigs Marauders Football Outlook

Post by juicebox »

I think Vinton left alot on the table last year by the scheme they run on offense. In which I believe Nolan was responsible for , I dont think the Vikes are losing much in the coach the player is another story all together a fine player.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

WellstonLover wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 am
itsme wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:03 am

It's a done deal.
Ok Not what I heard

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

juicebox wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:12 pm I think Vinton left alot on the table last year by the scheme they run on offense. In which I believe Nolan was responsible for , I dont think the Vikes are losing much in the coach the player is another story all together a fine player.

Nolan was a defensive coach last year. Jason Waugh was the offensive coordinator.

juicebox
Riding the Bench

Post by juicebox »

I hope he fired him then the offense was horrible

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Thought this was Meigs thread?

Peregrine06
Riding the Bench

Post by Peregrine06 »

Looks like Meigs has a very interesting season ahead of them.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Who will be named QB1?

Rolling Rock
Waterboy

Post by Rolling Rock »

I heard Nolan is heading to Jackson

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

Should win the conference, will disappoint per usual

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Anyone hearing who is playing QB?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Nolan Yates will remain employed at Vinton County Middle School. However, he and his family moved to Jackson so that his middle son may attend Jackson for his senior year.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Sports101 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:27 am Should win the conference, will disappoint per usual
When will Meigs stop ducking us? Weez tired of getting cheated by these danged West Virginny teams so weed like to take out are frustrations by beating up on some of the sorry Ohio teams on the river.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Don't see them winning much. Especially with an almost all new staff. The Preacher ran off coaches who were there for 4-5 years to bring in hs buddies!

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Who is the starting QB?

seops2018
Waterboy

Post by seops2018 »

I was told there will be a freshman starting at QB.

Return to “Football”