2018 Green Bobcats Football Outlook

SEOPS
Freshman Team

2018 Green Bobcats Football Outlook

Post by SEOPS »

What do the Bobcats have coming back for 2018? Please post projected roster schedule, and outlook and keep this thread going throughout the football season.

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Green High School Football

Post by Tartanblue »

Will they have enough for a team?

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I think they finished the season with 11 players, I heard they had 8, 8th graders on the Jr. high team,
so we will see how many of those play. I think it doesn't look good.

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

So how many of the 11 that was left on the team were seniors? When would they know for sure how many they have? I guess I am asking when would they call the season?

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

Our football program currently has 27 players committed with another 4-5 on the fence that have expressed interest in playing. As of today we have 5 seniors, 8 juniors, 4 sophomores and 10 freshman. We have had a constant 11-14 (considering baseball and basketball season that’s a good number) in the weight room.

Our young men are putting in the work and are getting stronger and faster. Folks in our area should be pleasantly surprised with the product we put on the field this upcoming season. This season and next are two years where the Bobcats will have an opportunity to do more than just trying to survive.

Please no negative comments about these young men. They’ve been told long enough how bad they are and how their program should just shut down. The climate/pride in our school is changing but with like any change that matters it won’t happen over night. These young men are buying into Coach Newsome’s philosophy and better days (Friday Nights) are on the horizon.
Last edited by gridironfan on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

Teddy44 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:12 am So how many of the 11 that was left on the team were seniors? When would they know for sure how many they have? I guess I am asking when would they call the season?

We had no seniors and with our current numbers the season should be good to go.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

gridironfan wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:33 am Our football program currently has 27 players committed with another 4-5 on the fence that have expressed interest in playing. As of today we have 5 seniors, 8 juniors, 4 sophomores and 10 freshman. We have had a constant 11-14 (considering baseball and basketball season that’s a good number) in the weight room.

Our young men are putting in the work and are getting stronger and faster. Folks in our area should be pleasantly surprised with the product we put on the field this upcoming season. This season and next are two years where the Bobcats will have an opportunity to do more than just trying to survive.

Please no negative comments about these young men. They’ve been told long enough how bad they are and how their program should just shut down. The climate/pride in our school is changing but with like any change that matters it won’t happen over night. These young men are buying into Coach Newsome’s philosophy and better days (Friday Nights) are on the horizon.
I wish the Bobcats the best of luck this year and for years to come. My dad spent most of his teaching career there until retirement so Green has always had a special place in my heart. Glad to see the Bobcat Pride building again.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

gridironfan wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:33 am Our football program currently has 27 players committed with another 4-5 on the fence that have expressed interest in playing. As of today we have 5 seniors, 8 juniors, 4 sophomores and 10 freshman. We have had a constant 11-14 (considering baseball and basketball season that’s a good number) in the weight room.

Ted is a good coach!

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I can’t wait to watch bobcat football on Friday nights

SOC 1
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sounds like they may have some depth this year.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

The tide is turning in the Furnace. I think we have good leadership, bought in kids, and a community emerging with a return of Bobcat Pride!

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I hope they can have at least a 5-5 season.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:52 pm I hope they can have at least a 5-5 season.
Let’s hope for a 7-3 record

SOC 1
Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Newsome is a good coach. Good to hear positive things about the Green program.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Hopefully they can keep a good roster. Always a fear for small schools to lose a program.

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

I was just wondering about them. I know they play Parkersburg Catholic week one this year. Just didn’t know much about green.

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

Green was a great small school division football team back in the days of Dean Nance and then later Shane Saylers and the Darnell boys.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I heard from a parent that there is 45 kids playing football this year

SOC 1
Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

No way they go from almost not having a team to having over 40. That would be one heck of a jump

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:16 pm I heard from a parent that there is 45 kids playing football this year.

they will be lucky to have 20 kids playing.

Return to “Football”