2018 Green Bobcats Football Outlook

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Re: Green High School Football

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Teddy44 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:32 pm No way they go from almost not having a team to having over 40. That would be one heck of a jump
That’s what I heard not saying it’s gospel

SOC 1
QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

Anyone know if the Smith kid is playing Football? Heard he is back at Green.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:16 pm I heard from a parent that there is 45 kids playing football this year
So we went from, having what 15 kids to 45?? All the boys in the school all of a sudden decide, "I'm playing this year". Not buying into that, at most 20-23 and that's if they get the freshman to go out.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

That’s only what I heard

SOC 1
gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

Update on the program. As of this week we have 31 players that have committed to playing this season. Our numbers today break down as : 8 seniors, 10 juniors, 4 sophomores and 9 freshman.

We’ve continued to keep 15ish in the weight room with another 10 that play/run baseball or track. Our young men are putting the work in Monday-Thursday. These Bobcats are different. They’ve bought in and if we can keep it rolling, there will be a substantially different product on the field this upcoming season. The energy within the school is something special right now. A lot of positive influences encouraging these young men that they can achieve whatever they put in the work to earn.

When you see these young men out in the community they could use your support. Tell them you’re hearing good things and to keep up the hard work because it will pay off.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I was close lol but keep up the work bobcats

SOC 1
Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

Does Green have any 7 on 7's planned?

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

No matter if we have 15 or 40 I’m always going to support Green Football... Ted has these kids on board this year and if you know anything at all about Green sports the tides are changing all the way into the elementary levels so it’s great times for Franklin Furnace.. If our athletes come out and play football look out because Ted will have them ready and they will win games as they did when they was in the younger levels... I feel Green has made Great choices in all there sports programs Considering that our cross country team finished in the top 10 in the regionals was one spot away from making the state finals with every single runner coming back this year. The basketball team was in every single SOC Game but 1, won the sectional and was District runner up And now our baseball team is having another great season possibly win the SOC for the second time in a row and could possibly make a district appearance again for like the seventh time out of 10 years And greens track team is winning meets and I believe they will do really well in their division considering they’re winning meets as the smallest school at those events. All these sports I just mentioned will have returning starters next year to come as we only graduate one or two seniors that play sports. Go Bobcats #BleedGreen

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Good luck to Green this season.
I have only caught then once during my time going to games and the one thing that stuck out to me, was the dissatisfaction that the fans I spoke with during the game had for the coaching staff. The game was awhile back at New Lexington against Fairfield Christian, a game that Green was on the short end of.

The other thing that stuck out was how the Green players never stopped trying. I am pretty sure it was back in 2010.

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

Green football is entering a new year with a new attitude and an improved brand of football. We have an excellent group of young men who aren’t afraid of the hard work.

We have an excellent staff that the players absolutely love and respect. These players have zero quit and have started to learn how to get it done not only in the weight room but also the classroom with hopes of also being able to finally get it done on Friday night as well.

Keep up the work Bobcats! It is being noticed. You can achieve whatever you work hard enough to earn.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Good luck I do not want to see this program shut down.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

gridironfan wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:33 pm Update on the program. As of this week we have 31 players that have committed to playing this season. Our numbers today break down as : 8 seniors, 10 juniors, 4 sophomores and 9 freshman.

We’ve continued to keep 15ish in the weight room with another 10 that play/run baseball or track. Our young men are putting the work in Monday-Thursday. These Bobcats are different. They’ve bought in and if we can keep it rolling, there will be a substantially different product on the field this upcoming season. The energy within the school is something special right now. A lot of positive influences encouraging these young men that they can achieve whatever they put in the work to earn.

When you see these young men out in the community they could use your support. Tell them you’re hearing good things and to keep up the hard work because it will pay off.
I truly hope that number holds, but it's been my experience those that say they're "committed" in March and April aren't fully committed come August. Once again I hope the numbers hold true and green can work their way back up. Until that number is a dressed and equipment handed out number it's just that a number being thrown out. Can't tell you how many boys after a football season or a couple months after say, "man I wish I would've played this past year and I will next year," only to talk to those same boys in July and August and it's wellllll this came up or this and just not thinking I'm going to this year. Good luck though no one wants to see any program so down in numbers like Green was like season.

SEOPS
Freshman Team

2018 Green Bobcats Football Outlook

Post by SEOPS »

What do the Bobcats have coming back for 2018? Please post projected roster schedule, and outlook and keep this thread going throughout the football season.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hopefully they keep the football program going. My son is in preschool there.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Green Bobcats Football Outlook

Post by jgrlzz »

I saw on the WVSSAC schedule that Parkersburg Catholic has dropped the August 24th game against the Bobcats. Not sure when this happened. Does anyone know if they been able to pick up a game for that date?

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Post by BigLeagueChew »

mattash wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 am Hopefully they keep the football program going. My son is in preschool there.
Well if you end up moving him, just don't go to Wheelersburg.

yoblood3
Waterboy

Post by yoblood3 »

they will probably be just as bad as they were last year.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

BigLeagueChew wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 am
mattash wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 am Hopefully they keep the football program going. My son is in preschool there.
Well if you end up moving him, just don't go to Wheelersburg.
Yeah because you wouldn’t want him to get a great education, a quality sports program Elementary through High School, and a caring staff/community supporting him at every turn all while preparing him for the future. Nobody wants that!! 🙄🙄

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Teddy44 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:30 pm I was just wondering about them. I know they play Parkersburg Catholic week one this year. Just didn’t know much about green.
--------------------------------
Heard today and its listed on the WVSSAC site that Parkersburg Catholic has decided to play Paden City in week 1 instead of Green

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

jgrlzz wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:05 am I saw on the WVSSAC schedule that Parkersburg Catholic has dropped the August 24th game against the Bobcats. Not sure when this happened. Does anyone know if they been able to pick up a game for that date?

PB Catholic did cancel with us but we were able to fill that date with Cincinnati Dohn. They’re a division 5 community school. The game will be played at Green on August 25th.

Return to “Football”