2018 Green Bobcats Football Outlook

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Green Bobcats Football Outlook

Post by gridironfan »

Update on the Green Bobcats: On the last day of school (5-23-18) we had 31 (7 Seniors, 10 Juniors, 5 Sophomores, and 9 Freshmen) players on the roster with all having reported for helmet fitting (5-8-16). There are another 3-4 who are still on the fence about playing with 2 of those 4 have at least been to weight lifting a couple times in the last week or so.

Today was the first day for Summer weights and there were 16 in attendance with another 10 who previously communicated they would not be able to attend because of various previously planned obligations. The other 5 players on the roster who were not able to attend were players who have medical issues (PT, surgery and stitches). These young men are putting in the work and are very excited. Be proud. Be supportive. Be encouraging.

These Bobcats are learning and are hungry to find success. We have big guys up front and athletes to get the ball to. There has been a change in direction in the excitement about football in our school. Our basketball program started it then our baseball program kept it going, now these young men want to accomplish something special in football as well. It is truly something special to watch.

Keep up the work Bobcats! It will payoff. This fall after it is all said and done and if you are able to keep rolling what you have already put in motion, you will shock the world! Go Bobcats!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Great news

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Green High School Football

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BigLeagueChew wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 am
mattash wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 am Hopefully they keep the football program going. My son is in preschool there.
Well if you end up moving him, just don't go to Wheelersburg.
What's wrong with the burg. Great sports programs in all sports. Great teachers and great academics. Last time I checked the academics was ranked right there with some of the big schools in cincy and columbus. So why wouldn't someone want their kid apart of that

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Green High School Football

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:09 am
BigLeagueChew wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 am
mattash wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 am Hopefully they keep the football program going. My son is in preschool there.
Well if you end up moving him, just don't go to Wheelersburg.
Yeah because you wouldn’t want him to get a great education, a quality sports program Elementary through High School, and a caring staff/community supporting him at every turn all while preparing him for the future. Nobody wants that!! 🙄🙄
Well said

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

Who are some of the names to look for? Who will be bringing the fans to their feet this year? I would love to see the furnace decked out in Green this fall and the bleachers full!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hopefully they have a winning season and keep building

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I would love too see the Bobcats have a winning season.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

Very excited for Football! I think Basketball and Baseball have set the stage for a great Bounce back year. I cant remember the last time there was this much excitement for Football in the Furnace!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:25 pm I would love too see the Bobcats have a winning season.
Easy there, I'd love for them to field a team of about 25-30 kids and that would be a great start and they can begin building from there.

Fearless_pupil
Waterboy

Post by Fearless_pupil »

The problem with Green is that they have so much talent, yet no one wants to play. There's a lot of petty drama that get them to turn away from it. I get it, it's high school and they're kids. However, there is great potential. They have new players that are coming in, but they can't really get anything done with 1 hour weights and 30 minute practice. In my personal opinion, they need a new head coach, a more strict head coach. I would love to see a winning season from them. I got family on that team.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Fearless_pupil wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:46 pm The problem with Green is that they have so much talent, yet no one wants to play. There's a lot of petty drama that get them to turn away from it. I get it, it's high school and they're kids. However, there is great potential. They have new players that are coming in, but they can't really get anything done with 1 hour weights and 30 minute practice. In my personal opinion, they need a new head coach, a more strict head coach. I would love to see a winning season from them. I got family on that team.

LOL...welcome to seopreps. If a new coach can somehow bring about 15 more football players with him, you might be on to something. Otherwise, hard to gripe about the current coaching staff when they didn't have enough kids to finish last season.

Regardless, anyone got an update on how Green's numbers looking? I've heard Notre Dame's numbers are healthy again (22-24 kids, although a lot of underclassmen) and also heard East's is waaaaaay down.*

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

21 kids in camp

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

That's what a parent told me

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I would be surprised if Green still has football in 5 years. I know the last 2 years they have not had a 5th or 6th grade team.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

Mark my words... Winning season for the Bobcats I have talked with many kids and they are hungry. I think they will surprise a lot of people this year! You just make sure you pack the stadium!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ump wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:57 pm21 kids in camp
So from 31 at the end of school to 21 now, always my fear numbers never hold up until it's time to show up. It all looks good on paper, until it's time to play. Good Luck in Green though like to see them hold it together but they're in a tough spot, especially given the lack of numbers at the youth level as well.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

QB SNEAK wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:51 pm Mark my words... Winning season for the Bobcats I have talked with many kids and they are hungry. I think they will surprise a lot of people this year! You just make sure you pack the stadium!
I hope you're right, I would love to see the Bobcats have a winning season.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I hope Green becomes successful in football again. Too many times in the past has a good football player from the Furnace went to Burg or Ironton. Green has a great disadvantage by being in between two of the better and more consistent football programs in the past 40 years.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

I went to the scrimmage the other day. There is some size upfront and some speed in the backfield. There are a couple things that need worked on but that's the whole point of a scrimmage. I'm ready for some Football!

Return to “Football”