2018 Vinton County Vikings Football Outlook

THE GOONIES
Waterboy

Re: 2018 Vinton County Vikings Football Outlook

Post by THE GOONIES »

Let's let the team's lineup and just play football. That's all we can do. Regardless of who went where shouldn't make any difference to the current players. I wish all teams a healthy and happy season. Go vikes

lugs
Riding the Bench

Post by lugs »

ill get this back on track. outlook: this will sound crazy, but I think the interior line for the Vikes will be their saving grace this year. Tyler Congrove may be the best lineman in the TVC. We have a 3 year starting center in Nick Pittman. Bradley griffin and Jonathan Vanover on defensive lines and Chase Newsome who played great at nose tackle when he subbed out Bryce last year. We are 7 to 8 solid lineman deep on both sides of the ball. Plus coach has made what I would say are some great moves adjusted the roster because of offseason factors. you want more your gonna have to wait for the Viking Redzone to spill the beans next month in our controversial Pre-Season show. But I think VC isn't ready to be a door mat just yet.

THE GOONIES
Waterboy

Post by THE GOONIES »

Cant wait love the redzone.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

THE GOONIES wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:46 pm Cant wait love the redzone.
The RedZone sucks.

THE GOONIES
Waterboy

Post by THE GOONIES »

If your from Wellston maybe

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

THE GOONIES wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:52 pm If your from Wellston maybe

No, it pretty much sucks for everyone with ears.

THE GOONIES
Waterboy

Post by THE GOONIES »

Anyone know if the kid that transferred from Florida is a running back or wideout?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:21 pm Let's all simmer down a bit.
I am offended. I am not sure that anyone has gotten out-of-line as of yet.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

The Yates kid is enrolled in Jackson.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Solomon wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 am The Yates kid is enrolled in Jackson.
Jackie O never would have let that happen. He'd have kept Yates too. Of course he'd have been 9-1 at worst last season and probably have 80 players out next season. They had a chance to get him back too, from what I've heard. What a mess. SMDH

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

The numbers have been great so far this summer. There has been an excess of 40 plus kids out everyday in the weight room.

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

Both yates gone, no chance

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

WellstonLover wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:53 pm
THE GOONIES wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:52 pm If your from Wellston maybe

No, it pretty much sucks for everyone with ears.
I disagree, Lugs and Nathan are quality people, and are passionate about their show. They like to have fun with it and keep it light. This is for the kids and VC fans, so take it at face value and something positive.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

I think where we went wrong was giving that one coachbthe nickname of Jesty
The coaches nickname is a big determining factor in how he does
We should have called him Testy
That would have instilled a certain amount of fear if other teams knew our coach was a little testy
Plus he could have wrote his nickname on the top of his call sheet
These documents would have been known as his Testy Calls
After games win or lose we could have discussed whether or not his testy calls were any good or not
It would have been a common thing if we lost to teams like meigs or wellston to be able to say we lost because of rotten testy calls

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
lugs
Riding the Bench

Post by lugs »

what?? what the heck just happened?? Kenny, you go back to 1992 and stay!!

juicebox
Riding the Bench

Post by juicebox »

I was told there is a kid transfer from Louisiana that runs a 4.4 and is 6'2 230 plays quarterback . they are going to run a read option offense

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think the guy that left the whole long length of problems with the program. Needs to really look how football is ran now days.

First off the top of my head I can think of a lot more schools in southeast Ohio that do not practice on that Saturday the first day you hit then that practice that day.

I think every team now uses hudl. Most kids have the entire game film in there in box by midnight of game night. And usually by 9 or 10 am Saturday morning position coaches or coordinators have sent kids the plays and highlights of where there mistakes are and what they need to fix.

Usually also by then they have opponents game film that n front of them with the different offensive and defensive fronts and what they are good no to try to do.
A lot of film study is now left up to kids. It is not something done at practice maybe 10 minutes.

Last year my neighbor who played was home from what would’ve 2 a days everyday by 1015.

As far as weight room goes. There are several schools I know that during summer lifting a kid is done when he gets his work done. A kid coming and getting after his reps could easily be done in under a hour. Now if the whole team is done that fast that is a different story.

Last year I know a team that did not practice that first Saturday they could hit. On Monday went live and hit for about 45 minutes. On Tuesday they had a combined practice/scrimmage with another team. Where they only went full contact maybe 20 plays. Wednesday went helmets and shorts. Went a full physical practice Thursday. Friday helmets and shorts. Saturday had a preview where they went a half. Then the next week went to game week practices which meant Monday. Lift and game prep. Helmets and shorts. Tuesday offensive practice game plan. T shirts and shorts Wednesday defense same way Thursday a walk through and Friday a game. So this achoolmwent to practices full contact full speed the entire year. People think the coach did a great job.

Now they do work there butts off all year round. But some of this stuff overrated.

Captain America
Waterboy

Post by Captain America »

It was suggested in a previous post there should be 80-100 kids out for football. Was there ever a time in Vinton County's history when the football program had 80-100 kids on the roster? That's 20-25 kids per grade level. Are there that many kids playing at the 5th & 6th grade level in VC? If so, that would mean there are at least two teams...either two combined 5/6 teams or a 5th grade team and a 6th grade team. If the numbers are there at the youth level, and not at the high school level, it could be a two-fold problem: kids are either burned out with football, because they have been pushed into and played it since 2nd grade, or there is a cultural problem with no incentive or reason to continue playing at the high school level.

An interesting read on the winningest college football coach of all time.

https://sites.google.com/site/coachjohn ... ws/newsday

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Captain America wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:53 am It was suggested in a previous post there should be 80-100 kids out for football. Was there ever a time in Vinton County's history when the football program had 80-100 kids on the roster? That's 20-25 kids per grade level. Are there that many kids playing at the 5th & 6th grade level in VC? If so, that would mean there are at least two teams...either two combined 5/6 teams or a 5th grade team and a 6th grade team. If the numbers are there at the youth level, and not at the high school level, it could be a two-fold problem: kids are either burned out with football, because they have been pushed into and played it since 2nd grade, or there is a cultural problem with no incentive or reason to continue playing at the high school level.

An interesting read on the winningest college football coach of all time.

https://sites.google.com/site/coachjohn ... ws/newsday
Intersting article. Thanks for sharing.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

svac83 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:36 pm I think the guy that left the whole long length of problems with the program. Needs to really look how football is ran now days.

First off the top of my head I can think of a lot more schools in southeast Ohio that do not practice on that Saturday the first day you hit then that practice that day.

I think every team now uses hudl. Most kids have the entire game film in there in box by midnight of game night. And usually by 9 or 10 am Saturday morning position coaches or coordinators have sent kids the plays and highlights of where there mistakes are and what they need to fix.

Usually also by then they have opponents game film that n front of them with the different offensive and defensive fronts and what they are good no to try to do.
A lot of film study is now left up to kids. It is not something done at practice maybe 10 minutes.

Last year my neighbor who played was home from what would’ve 2 a days everyday by 1015.

As far as weight room goes. There are several schools I know that during summer lifting a kid is done when he gets his work done. A kid coming and getting after his reps could easily be done in under a hour. Now if the whole team is done that fast that is a different story.

Last year I know a team that did not practice that first Saturday they could hit. On Monday went live and hit for about 45 minutes. On Tuesday they had a combined practice/scrimmage with another team. Where they only went full contact maybe 20 plays. Wednesday went helmets and shorts. Went a full physical practice Thursday. Friday helmets and shorts. Saturday had a preview where they went a half. Then the next week went to game week practices which meant Monday. Lift and game prep. Helmets and shorts. Tuesday offensive practice game plan. T shirts and shorts Wednesday defense same way Thursday a walk through and Friday a game. So this achoolmwent to practices full contact full speed the entire year. People think the coach did a great job.

Now they do work there butts off all year round. But some of this stuff overrated.
So, how did that team do that had super limited film study and practice time?

Return to “Football”