2018 Vinton County Vikings Football Outlook

mattash
Site Admin

2018 Vinton County Vikings Football Outlook

Post by mattash »

What does the Vikings have coming back for 2018? Please post projected roster schedule, and outlook and keep this thread going throughout the football season.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2018 Vinton County Vikings Football Outlook

Post by Orange and Brown »

2-8, maybe 1-9

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

they are goin' to be terrible, just like charles barkley says, teribl. they finally chase off yates and he is takin his kid with him. spires boys are goin to jackson. the brown boys are goin to wellston. downs says he is doin things his way and they are goin to win 6 games minimum. i have coke bottle bottoms for glasses and even i cant see it. i dont know how they are going to score. the nerdy awkward smelly offspring of mine will have a better chance at scoring with any prom queens before the vikings score. this might be the year we see 10 zeros.

you aint nobody unless you are on seops!
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Kenny Bixx Jr. wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:31 pm they are goin' to be terrible, just like charles barkley says, teribl. they finally chase off yates and he is takin his kid with him. spires boys are goin to jackson. the brown boys are goin to wellston. downs says he is doin things his way and they are goin to win 6 games minimum. i have coke bottle bottoms for glasses and even i cant see it. i dont know how they are going to score. the nerdy awkward smelly offspring of mine will have a better chance at scoring with any prom queens before the vikings score. this might be the year we see 10 zeros.
The coach just needs to understand if dad was good then son is good. If dad wasn't worth a pint of pizs then son won't be either. Choose your starters accordingly. Things will go better if he lives by those rules. :mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Elijah Williams play?

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:49 pm Elijah Williams play?
Yea but I heard he was transferring to Washington CH to play. Spires boys to Jackson. Yates to Meigs. Looks like VC will go back to the dark ages again this fall. Loser of VC and Alexander will go winless in the conference.

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

Hard to win games when you don't
1-practice
2- have any assistant coaches
3- have a clue about football...

Not fair to the kids of VC...

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Nobody has left yet. Hopefully, no one will.

ARod74
Waterboy

Post by ARod74 »

the vikings will win the TVC this year...!

ARod74
Waterboy

Post by ARod74 »

WellstonLover wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:38 am
Yea but I heard he was transferring to Washington CH to play. Spires boys to Jackson. Yates to Meigs. Looks like VC will go back to the dark ages again this fall. Loser of VC and Alexander will go winless in the conference.
Wellston is going to be awful at football this year. They have no one anymore, Jayjohn is gone. They have no way to score the ball.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Elijah Williams' older brother is QB Dillon Steward of WCH. Would be neat to see them playing together for his senior year. Elijah is a special talent just like his brother.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Did yates get hired at Meigs ?
Elijah Williams is a great talent , hate to have to face him at courthouse.
Both spires brothers are great players . Wish them all the best

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

goblue1395 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:54 pm
Elijah Williams' older brother is QB Dillon Steward of WCH. Would be neat to see them playing together for his senior year. Elijah is a special talent just like his brother.
I knew Williams was at CH before VC....interesting info that Steward is his brother. Electric athletes

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 pm
goblue1395 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:54 pm

I knew Williams was at CH before VC....interesting info that Steward is his brother. Electric athletes
Technically they're half brothers, same dad. I've heard that their dad was a phenomenal athlete in his youth but couldn't stay eligible or out of trouble.

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

It’s official both spires and the one Yates boy will be playing for Jackson.

you aint nobody unless you are on seops!
goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Kenny Bixx Jr. wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:51 am It’s official both spires and the one Yates boy will be playing for Jackson.
Any word on Elijah Williams?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

goblue1395 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:29 pm
Kenny Bixx Jr. wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:51 am It’s official both spires and the one Yates boy will be playing for Jackson.
Any word on Elijah Williams?
Elijah Williams will be a Viking for the next three seasons. The others, I’m not sure.

Captain America
Waterboy

Post by Captain America »

So was this decision the choice of the kids or the choice of the parents?

If the kids were not having fun playing football and the environment is toxic, then it makes sense for a kid to want to leave. But if the kids don't really want to leave, and the adults simply have differing philosophies on how to run a program, then one can't help but wonder what the priorities are.

Let's hope it works out for all of the kids who are caught in the middle of this situation.

On a side note, why would anyone want to leave the basketball program Coach Combs has created?

The Razor
Riding the Bench

Post by The Razor »

I have a few questions.

I thought the Spires boys left and went to Athens. What happened there and why did they leave that time? How long were they back at VC before they decided to leave again?

Who are the Brown boys?

Do these kids who are leaving play basketball? Can’t imagine kids wanting to leave that program.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

As a member of the basketball staff, I am dishearten. I too, don’t understand why any young man would transfer away from our basketball program and Coach Combs. I don’t need recite his resume on this forum, but only to say he is one of the most caring, committed, and loyal coaches in this area. And I am saddened that those young men who transfer will not have a chance to be coach by him.

Return to “Football”