Southern looking for a new coach.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Re: Southern looking for a new coach.

Post by Wings Teaford »

PurplePower wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:43 pm If this guy is gonna win in Racine he needs to get them Grueser boys to show him the single wing. That’s what we was running in 1985 when we won the SVAC. They ain’t been close since we quit running that. If he wants good defense he needs to Tom Smith involved again.
1985 was a special year. What exactly is red rocket doing these days?

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Almost Champions wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:55 pm Boys we got us a problem
That willford boy is big
He probably will want our boys lifting them dang waits and we all know them things throws off yer shot
I was wondering when someone would mention that. :lol:

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

Back when my boy was coaching he had them boys doing polymetrics
They didn’t need to be liftin them waits because everyone knows they throws off yer shot

My grandson will make sure they stay out of that waitroom
Racine is a basketball school pureand simple

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

DUNK1 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:09 am Back when my boy was coaching he had them boys doing polymetrics
They didn’t need to be liftin them waits because everyone knows they throws off yer shot

Wow just wow. I supposed LeBron James has never lifted a weight in his life or all the muscle hurts his game.

Ignorantly lifting weights will hurt all athletics! Athletes should always being trying to improve their skills, coordination, agility, speed, explosiveness, flexibility, AND strength. Also, strength and flexibility ARE THE FOUNDATION of explosiveness, speed, and agility! If they lift hard, run hard, and stretch they will improve their all around athleticism. No one wants inflexible stiff athletes! As an OL coach for a power running team, the last thing I want is an inflexible lineman!

Thinking lifting will hurt your swing or your shot is ridiculous! If you lift consistently and stretch consistently your shot won’t be affected! Of course your shot will be affected the first time you squat, no different then the first time you condition your legs! DEAD LEGS ARE DEAD LEGS! But amazingly enough, once they recover and your conditioning program is consistently followed, you can squat every d@mm day and be just fine!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Sports101 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:15 am
DUNK1 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:09 am Back when my boy was coaching he had them boys doing polymetrics

Wow just wow. I supposed LeBron James has never lifted a weight in his life or all the muscle hurts his game.

Ignorantly lifting weights will hurt all athletics! Athletes should always being trying to improve their skills, coordination, agility, speed, explosiveness, flexibility, AND strength. Also, strength and flexibility ARE THE FOUNDATION of explosiveness, speed, and agility! If they lift hard, run hard, and stretch they will improve their all around athleticism. No one wants inflexible stiff athletes! As an OL coach for a power running team, the last thing I want is an inflexible lineman!

Thinking lifting will hurt your swing or your shot is ridiculous! If you lift consistently and stretch consistently your shot won’t be affected! Of course your shot will be affected the first time you squat, no different then the first time you condition your legs! DEAD LEGS ARE DEAD LEGS! But amazingly enough, once they recover and your conditioning program is consistently followed, you can squat every d@mm day and be just fine!
Don't feed the trolls
:lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Jim Ryan wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:58 pm
Almost Champions wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:55 pm Boys we got us a problem
That willford boy is big
He probably will want our boys lifting them dang waits and we all know them things throws off yer shot
I was wondering when someone would mention that. :lol:
This guy has to be kidding if not he is way behind the times.

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

Hey let us know when you have a Lebron James and we'll let him lift all the weights he wants. Until then, the weight room is off limits for the round ballers.

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

The boys down at Toms butcher shop don’t care anything about how much the point guard can bench press. All they care about is whether or not he can dribble out of a press. You don’t need weights for that. It doesn’t matter what you guys say. We have a system of proven success and a history of proven winners. The fact that we are the fifth winningest program in Ohio speaks for itself.

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

noreply66 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:27 am
hannancoach wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:30 pm Ya'll got any openings on the schedule for next year. We sure could do for a sure win so let us know if you interested.
Schedule Athens, Ohio JV, it would be a sure win for the Dogs. :lol: :lol:
Weez got us a winnin record against Athens just like Logan does. Logan beats up on them dogs even more than we did. Them dogs pulled the old cut-n-run on us way before they did Logan though. :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:54 am The boys down at Toms butcher shop don’t care anything about how much the point guard can bench press. All they care about is whether or not he can dribble out of a press. You don’t need weights for that. It doesn’t matter what you guys say. We have a system of proven success and a history of proven winners. The fact that we are the fifth winningest program in Ohio speaks for itself.
Is that the Ohio division?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Butcher
Waterboy

Post by The Butcher »

^^^anyone that follows the pride of Racine knows that our basketball program is fifth all time in victories over the whole dang state

If we haven't heard a rumor by noon, we start one!
hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

The Butcher wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:40 pm ^^^anyone that follows the pride of Racine knows that our basketball program is fifth all time in victories over the whole dang state
Them Suthern boys was second in the state back in the old days. But we was second in the state just a few years ago when my two twin boys was on the team. Them boys could dunk too.

Bald Eagle
Waterboy

Post by Bald Eagle »

hannancoach wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:43 pm
The Butcher wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:40 pm ^^^anyone that follows the pride of Racine knows that our basketball program is fifth all time in victories over the whole dang state
Them Suthern boys was second in the state back in the old days. But we was second in the state just a few years ago when my two twin boys was on the team. Them boys could dunk too.
So, they were dunking the ball during football games? Over the goal post? :mrgreen:

seops2018
Waterboy

Post by seops2018 »

Anyone heard of a fundraiser golf scramble held on a Sunday for High School sports? I was told Southern football is holding one in August on a Sunday.

Southernfan1990
Waterboy

Post by Southernfan1990 »

yes they are its August 5th at Riverside Golf Course in Mason Wv, its a 4 Man Scramble its $260 per team. If your interested in putting a team in. You need to contact the Head football Coach Cassady Willford at 740-416-8470 or email him at cassady.willford53@gmail.com

thetitanic
Riding the Bench

Post by thetitanic »

Tornado85 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:45 am Wickline took Southern football from the doormat of the league to playoffs and respectability. He turned the culture around.
Is there a projected lineup this year? Lost good talent last year

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye Varsity 4 Tds Southern 2

Southern has some nice skills players 11,16, 9 , and 25 but only had 2 good drives all night. 16 has great hands and 9 I can tell is awesome in space.

Fort Frye for playing without star QB Tate Engle they played great. Got 2 good backups in Brian Atkins and Ian Ellis. Brady Schilling is going to be one of the best WRs/CBs in this area. Fort Frye is extremely deep at the skills position.

SEOhioFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by SEOhioFootballFan »

EasternDspy,
What do you think of Southern's new offense?

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

That there Leroy James would be a better shooter if he didn't lift them danged waits. Them things is a thowin off his shot.

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

When did Coach Cassie resign? Was the old hook and lateral too much for him? I thought I heard a rumor he was about to get a star recruit to transfer in next year from within the county. Why would he leave?

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!

Return to “Football”