Surprise team in 2018

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Surprise team in 2018

Post by TOUGH »

Who will be the surprises around Southeast Ohio in 2018. I have a team but I’m going to hold my judgement til a later date.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Surprise team in 2018

Post by Orange and Brown »

We know you are gonna say Ironton so go ahead and say it....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Haha... sad that the program had gotten to surprise status. I think we’re on the comeback finally.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

TOUGH wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:51 pm Haha... sad that the program had gotten to surprise status. I think we’re on the comeback finally.
Good luck. I hope things get turned around. Glad folks are getting excited

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OH I DEFINATELY THINK IRONTON WILL SUPRISE , IF NOT SHOCK MANY HERE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Careful there YTB, you're getting mighty close to IBTT status!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

they will be improved

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

How could they not .

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Other teams that will surprise

Gallia Academy
Green, Yes the Green Bobcats

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:25 am OH I DEFINATELY THINK IRONTON WILL SUPRISE , IF NOT SHOCK MANY HERE.
You think they beat burg ?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

pistol wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:52 am Careful there YTB, you're getting mighty close to IBTT status!
ain't no way.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

callie15 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 am How could they not .
great point callie. I have a lot of confidence in this bunch.
I'm not predictin a deep playoff run er a state championship here. just stating I think the difference will shock some people.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:54 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:25 am OH I DEFINATELY THINK IRONTON WILL SUPRISE , IF NOT SHOCK MANY HERE.
I'm not saying that at all. frankly likely not. burg is loaded, ironton is rebooting/rebuilding and installing their own schemes n playbook.burg would have to be a huge favorite. but strange things happen in rivalry games. you just never know. but that would be nothing shy of a miracle now.and the toughest game on the schedule is right out of the starting blocks. but I'm gonna tell you something. when it does happen , and it will again. I'm gonna ride you pirates like a rented mule.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:46 am
Poo Bear wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:54 am
I'm not saying that at all. frankly likely not. burg is loaded, ironton is rebooting/rebuilding and installing their own schemes n playbook.burg would have to be a huge favorite. but strange things happen in rivalry games. you just never know. but that would be nothing shy of a miracle now.and the toughest game on the schedule is right out of the starting blocks. but I'm gonna tell you something. when it does happen , and it will again. I'm gonna ride you pirates like a rented mule.
I'm not a pirate. And yes eventually Ironton will will beat burg again. The only way I would be "shocked" was if they beat the burg. Everyone else they play is very winnable for Ironton

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

GAHS

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Eastern Pike could surprise this year, I'm hearing they have a big senior group for next season. School that size that always helps with their schedule could easily see 8-2 or better I believe. If not for Oak Hill they'd be my front runner for SOC I based on what I'm hearing.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I really think River Valley will surprise a lot of people this 2018 season.

They had a nice run from 2014-16, and then fell back last year at 3-7. However, that 17 team was a sophomore dominated team, and now in 18 those sophomores are juniors, and that includes a small, but very good group of seniors.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think with out a dought if they stay healthy it will be Galia academy. Last year i thought the 5-5 was a little misleading as it unfolded.

This years team seems to be checkng all the boxes for the things that were bothering me about this teams chances.

We dont know what we dont know until the season starts but i believe this team now has the size and strength to play run defense straight up and stop teams instead of having to play a game on every snap. This is really going to allow them to really squeeze teams. They should have at least 3 cover guys in defensive back ground that yhey are comfortable turning one on one against about anyone they play.

I think this added confidence in the defense is really going to allow the offense to open up. I think this team finished 9-1 and for the first time in several years jackson plays starters through whole game as blue devils manage to keep that game within a couple of scores this year

sportsnation
Waterboy

Post by sportsnation »

after watching ironton last season there is no way they beat wheelersburg this season. they could've hired the best coach you can think of and they still wouldn't beat the burg. i do think they will improve there overall record though, if that's any consolation

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Gallia and Wellston

Wheelersburg, Trimble, John Glenn and Fort Frye will be the best of the area

Return to “Football”