Locking threads?

wobycat
SEOPS

Locking threads?

Post by wobycat »

Why even have the Forum? Is there no capability of just locking the offenders in the thread instead of the entire topic? Matt ash your forum police are lock happy. :roll:

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Locking threads?

Post by mattash »

We can. Just takes a while to clean up some time. We will get to it later

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Remember for Mattash and the Mods that SEOP is a labor of love and not their full time gigs. They do not have the luxury of policing the forums 24/7 as do other sites such as Eleven Warriors. Members have the responsibility of not posting personal attacks and other such items. Bottom line is everyone should think before you post. That will go along way towards eliminating lock topics.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Some threads get locked and not reopened for obvious reasons. Some take some time to clean up before they can be unlocked.
It takes time. We have jobs and families so we can't be on 24/7.

I can't read through every single thread to make sure everything is okay. I just don't have that kind of time in the day. We have a report button that can be used to report posts so they are brought to our attention.
Help us help you by using this feature.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Omega wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:36 am Remember for Mattash and the Mods that SEOP is a labor of love and not their full time gigs. They do not have the luxury of policing the forums 24/7 as do other sites such as Eleven Warriors. Members have the responsibility of not posting personal attacks and other such items. Bottom line is everyone should think before you post. That will go along way towards eliminating lock topics.
I’m cool with that but it doesn’t take long to figure out where the problem and who the problem is is in the thread.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I HAVE BEEN ON HERE SINCE JAN 2005. I CAN HONESTLY SAY I HAVE NOT STARTED ANY CRAP HERE, MY RESPONSES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FROM A DEFENSIVE PROSPECTIVE. THERE ARE WAY MORE PEOPLE THAT CHAT WITH ME HERE THAN DEGRADE ME. BUT I'LL DANG SURE TAKE UP FOR MYSELF. IT'S A SHAME SOMEBODY CAN GET ON HERE WITH LIKE 17 POSTS AND ALIENATE EVERYBODY INVOLVED IN A TOPIC. AND THAT'S WHAT GOT THE TOPIC LOCKED ABOUT ABOUT IRONTON'S FOOTBALL COACH. PERHAPS ONE OF THE MOST VIEWED AND COMMENTED ON TOPICS ON SEOPS. THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE LOVE IRONTON FOOTBALL. AND WANT TO READ ABOUT IT, THE NEW COACH AND STAFF AND PLAYERS AND GAMES. AND IT WILL HURT SEOPS WITH IT BEING LOCKED UP. NOT EVERYBODY THAT READS HERE, POSTS HERE. I CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE STATE AND MENTION SEOPS AND PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT. BUT WHY LET PEOPLE WHO JUST JOINED, OR ADDED ANOTHER PROFILE TO RUIN SOMETHING SO LONG STANDING. GET THE WEEDEATER OUT AND CULL THE TROUBLE MAKERS OUT. WE HAVE A GOOD THING HERE WITH TRUE BONDING FRIENDSHIPS. I'M FORMALLY REQUESTING THAT TOPIC BE UNLOCKED, YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Not saying it is Ironton coaches but some coaches get on here or have someone tell us they do not want their name or their coaches names mentioned and ask for them to be deleted or lock the topic. To keep them out of it we try not to mention it was a coach that ask.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:57 pm Not saying it is Ironton coaches but some coaches get on here or have someone tell us they do not want their name or their coaches names mentioned and ask for them to be deleted or lock the topic. To keep them out of it we try not to mention it was a coach that ask.
You just explained why that Ironton post was locked. Lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:37 pm
Omega wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:36 am Remember for Mattash and the Mods that SEOP is a labor of love and not their full time gigs. They do not have the luxury of policing the forums 24/7 as do other sites such as Eleven Warriors. Members have the responsibility of not posting personal attacks and other such items. Bottom line is everyone should think before you post. That will go along way towards eliminating lock topics.
I’m cool with that but it doesn’t take long to figure out where the problem and who the problem is is in the thread.

Most of the time we can find the problem early but so we don't have half the members posting get upset we try to take our time. At times it is very hard to send a pm to someone to talk to them without them coming back nasty and they have to be off for a week or so.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ELChapo wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:02 pm
noreply66 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:57 pm Not saying it is Ironton coaches but some coaches get on here or have someone tell us they do not want their name or their coaches names mentioned and ask for them to be deleted or lock the topic. To keep them out of it we try not to mention it was a coach that ask.
I have never been contacted by a Ironton coach to delete or lock a topic.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ELChapo wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:02 pm
For the record. I locked it. No one contacted me.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

The lol meant I was joking.

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

I will say that the issue in the locked thread was Ironton fans who are being unrealistic about the new coach and got mad at us fans who are being realistic.

I was respectful, even though others were name calling and being degrading because my opinion differed from their status quo

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Move on folks....

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

KUTTY800 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:23 pm Furthermore I was accused repeatedly of being someone else WHICH I can assure you I am not. Those accusations were also made without evidentiary support again by Ironton fans who cannot handle their narrative being scrutinized.
Give it a rest and MOVE ON.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

KUTTY800 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:57 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:59 pm I HAVE BEEN ON HERE SINCE JAN 2005. I CAN HONESTLY SAY I HAVE NOT STARTED ANY CRAP HERE, MY RESPONSES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FROM A DEFENSIVE PROSPECTIVE. THERE ARE WAY MORE PEOPLE THAT CHAT WITH ME HERE THAN DEGRADE ME. BUT I'LL DANG SURE TAKE UP FOR MYSELF. IT'S A SHAME SOMEBODY CAN GET ON HERE WITH LIKE 17 POSTS AND ALIENATE EVERYBODY INVOLVED IN A TOPIC. AND THAT'S WHAT GOT THE TOPIC LOCKED ABOUT ABOUT IRONTON'S FOOTBALL COACH. PERHAPS ONE OF THE MOST VIEWED AND COMMENTED ON TOPICS ON SEOPS. THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE LOVE IRONTON FOOTBALL. AND WANT TO READ ABOUT IT, THE NEW COACH AND STAFF AND PLAYERS AND GAMES. AND IT WILL HURT SEOPS WITH IT BEING LOCKED UP. NOT EVERYBODY THAT READS HERE, POSTS HERE. I CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE STATE AND MENTION SEOPS AND PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT. BUT WHY LET PEOPLE WHO JUST JOINED, OR ADDED ANOTHER PROFILE TO RUIN SOMETHING SO LONG STANDING. GET THE WEEDEATER OUT AND CULL THE TROUBLE MAKERS OUT. WE HAVE A GOOD THING HERE WITH TRUE BONDING FRIENDSHIPS. I'M FORMALLY REQUESTING THAT TOPIC BE UNLOCKED, YTB.
Claiming ownership to any term in any dialect based on your religious indoctrination is NOT a defensive stance in any form or fashion because per the laws in this country as well as just common decorum you are not afforded that luxury or power. It was unnecessary, it was pointless AND it was NOT applicable to the topic. Matter of fact no religious or political beliefs/indoctrination of ANY kind is relevant to the topic. You do not stroll around in public telling people what they can say or do because of YOUR belief system. That's life.

Being that you are of the age you say - one would assume a certain level of wisdom would accompany that and this would not have to be clarified to another grown man. Your beliefs ARE NOT SPECIAL and neither are mine. Thats why I do not attempt to change how others speak based on my personal sensitivities. I understand that southern ohio is a bit limited when it pertains to diversity and acceptance of that basic reality BUT it is the fact of our society nonetheless. Furthermore - caps lock does not assist emphasis on any point you attempt to make nor does it suppliment your attempt here at victimhood. Stop trying to make a general disclaimer and memorandum about conduct policy about YOU. It falls horribly short and comes off as overdone.

Learn to accept differences and change and act your age man. Smh
How about just say, sorry man. Telling another man that his beliefs are not “special” or his “messiah” isn’t relevant is offensive, as it did offended him. Perhaps he came at you wrong with his post, but it doesn’t change his feelings, and more than likely wasn’t looking for your take on his beliefs.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

kutty how's about quit changing things that I post by adding things or taking something away from my post. no one should ever be able to do that just to cause turmoil.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

I have to say I have never posted on a thread that has been locked. Keep up the good work fellas. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”