Who wins Region 27?

dnis30
Riding the Bench
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:09 pm

icanpickem wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:48 am
dnis30 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:42 am
formerfcfan wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 am
FC was up 26-14 at half. Worthington Christian comes back to win in the fourth. 40-29. WC is well-coached, big line. Ugh... this one hurts.

On a different note, looks like Lucas is coming to Lancaster next season in week 9.
I haven't seen the 2019 schedules yet...where did you get this info?
https://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/4280415
Select 2019-20 in the drop down menu in right corner.
Thanks!



MillSt
Waterboy
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by MillSt » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:06 am

Does FC have any shot at knocking off HP in week 9?

23tdb
Waterboy
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:08 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by 23tdb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:10 am

Most likely harvest prep or trimble.

FANOSPORTS
SEO
Posts: 2968
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by FANOSPORTS » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 am

Prep like always has athletes but this isn't like basketball and their football teams over the years have never imposed their will on teams in the playoffs on a consistent basis. Their football teams never have liked physical play, just don't let'em get an angle and get loose because they 'll be gone. They want a track meet.
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Chieftain2009
SEOPS H
Posts: 7837
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 pm
Location: At a Track or XC Meet Somewhere

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by Chieftain2009 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:25 am

MillSt wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:06 am
Does FC have any shot at knocking off HP in week 9?
Very unlikely. The two teams that both of them have played: HP beat Worthington Christian 16-12 and beat Berne Union 22-7. On the other hand, Fisher lost to Berne Union 27-13 and lost to Worthington Christian 40-29.
2015 Playoff Football Pick 'em Champion

formerfcfan
All Conference
Posts: 956
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by formerfcfan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:34 am

MillSt wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:06 am
Does FC have any shot at knocking off HP in week 9?
No, but they do Rosecrans. Win in week 9 or 10 = playoffs for FC

dnis30
Riding the Bench
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 pm

23tdb wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:10 am
Most likely harvest prep or trimble.
Don't sleep on Lucas. They ran for 583 yards (21st all-time in Ohio HS football history) against D4 Cadiz Harrison Central last week. They are formidable. They beat D4 Cincinnati Aiken (5-2) on Saturday night...look out.

Happy McGavin
Freshman Team
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: The 9th green at 9

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by Happy McGavin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Lucas is a running team, stopping the run is Trimbles strength. I hope we get this matchup in the regional finals but its setting up to happen in the 2nd round. Trimble beat them at their place last year so im sure Lucas wants revenge. If/when this game happens it should be a dandy. For what its worth calpreps has Trimble as a 6 point favorite against Lucas
The 9th green at 9

dnis30
Riding the Bench
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Happy McGavin wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:56 pm
Lucas is a running team, stopping the run is Trimbles strength. I hope we get this matchup in the regional finals but its setting up to happen in the 2nd round. Trimble beat them at their place last year so im sure Lucas wants revenge. If/when this game happens it should be a dandy. For what its worth calpreps has Trimble as a 6 point favorite against Lucas
That line seems legit. What about vs HP?

MillSt
Waterboy
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by MillSt » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:41 pm

dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 pm
Happy McGavin wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:56 pm
Lucas is a running team, stopping the run is Trimbles strength. I hope we get this matchup in the regional finals but its setting up to happen in the 2nd round. Trimble beat them at their place last year so im sure Lucas wants revenge. If/when this game happens it should be a dandy. For what its worth calpreps has Trimble as a 6 point favorite against Lucas
That line seems legit. What about vs HP?
The line btwn HP and Lucas is HP by 2pts.

Trimble vs. Lucas would be a great match up. Both teams strength on Offense is running and it's also both teams strength on Defense. Both teams have the ability to drive down the field and not rely on the big play, they can sustain 10-14 play drives. I don't see how these two aren't #2 & #3 in the region. Lucas is good but I don't see them beating LCC in their final game but if they do, they should jump to #1 and HP will have to play Trimble in rd2.

formerfcfan
All Conference
Posts: 956
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by formerfcfan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:52 pm

If Waterford/Berne Union ends up being a week 11 game, I would have to think that would be an all-time classic.

BU is tough... they have a running back, who I like to call the “Big Cheese”, that can punish on any given day if he’s got a few feet of space around him. Bellville - we already know that him, and Waterford, are darn good. But watch out for the boys from ‘tha Grove. Kinda like China Grove, but different. They are coached by a “young man” who has a very good, deep and creative football philosophy and knowledge. A Ne’rk Catholic guy. After four years of wasting away at a D7 Cath school with loads of culture issues, competitive soccer, and in a tough league for the first of those three, he has returned to the head coaching arena and has made a splash at Berne Union.

dnis30
Riding the Bench
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by dnis30 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:22 am

MillSt wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:41 pm
dnis30 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 pm
Happy McGavin wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:56 pm
Lucas is a running team, stopping the run is Trimbles strength. I hope we get this matchup in the regional finals but its setting up to happen in the 2nd round. Trimble beat them at their place last year so im sure Lucas wants revenge. If/when this game happens it should be a dandy. For what its worth calpreps has Trimble as a 6 point favorite against Lucas
That line seems legit. What about vs HP?
The line btwn HP and Lucas is HP by 2pts.

Trimble vs. Lucas would be a great match up. Both teams strength on Offense is running and it's also both teams strength on Defense. Both teams have the ability to drive down the field and not rely on the big play, they can sustain 10-14 play drives. I don't see how these two aren't #2 & #3 in the region. Lucas is good but I don't see them beating LCC in their final game but if they do, they should jump to #1 and HP will have to play Trimble in rd2.
Tomorrow night should tell the tale for Lucas. If they can beat D4 Cincinnati Aiken (5-2), they should jump to #2. IMO, Lucas is going to roll River in week 9, setting up the huge matchup with LLC. Like I said before, lets keep an eye on LCC vs Troy Christian on October 19th. That should let us know if Lucas has a shot in week 10. I don't see Trimble or Prep losing any games moving forward. Trimble's schedule is pretty weak. Love this time of the year!

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11340
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by EasternDspy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:09 am

Belpre (5-2) @ Valley (2-5)

Region 27
Big Games tonight.

Aiken (5-2) @ Lucas (5-2)

Green (6-1) @ Beaver Eastern (4-3)

Southern (6-1) @ Waterford (5-2)

Berne Union (5-2) @ Rosecrans (4-3)

Fort Frye (6-0) @ Caldwell (5-2)

River (3-4) @ Crestline (3-4)

carbon_dated
All Conference
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by carbon_dated » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:22 am

EasternDspy wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:09 am
Belpre (5-2) @ Valley (2-5)

Region 27
Big Games tonight.

Aiken (5-2) @ Lucas (5-2)

Green (6-1) @ Beaver Eastern (4-3)

Southern (6-1) @ Waterford (5-2)

Berne Union (5-2) @ Rosecrans (4-3)

Fort Frye (6-0) @ Caldwell (5-2)

River (3-4) @ Crestline (3-4)
If any home teams win I'd bet Lucas, but Waterford is more than capable. Caldwell would need 3 turnovers to upset Fort, Rosecrans has skill but short on numbers. Not sold on Green beating Beaver Eastern and River should win at Crestline.
Those are big games, EDSpy. Hope to see updates on those.

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11340
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by EasternDspy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:24 am

carbon_dated wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:22 am
EasternDspy wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:09 am
Belpre (5-2) @ Valley (2-5)

Region 27
Big Games tonight.

Aiken (5-2) @ Lucas (5-2)

Green (6-1) @ Beaver Eastern (4-3)

Southern (6-1) @ Waterford (5-2)

Berne Union (5-2) @ Rosecrans (4-3)

Fort Frye (6-0) @ Caldwell (5-2)

River (3-4) @ Crestline (3-4)
If any home teams win I'd bet Lucas, but Waterford is more than capable. Caldwell would need 3 turnovers to upset Fort, Rosecrans has skill but short on numbers. Not sold on Green beating Beaver Eastern and River should win at Crestline.
Those are big games, EDSpy. Hope to see updates on those.

I’m doing notes for myself to know what games to check on I decided I mise well post them.

carbon_dated
All Conference
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by carbon_dated » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:28 am

Good idea, hopefully weather stays nice. Might try to find that Caldwell/Fort game on radio.

ShooterMcgavin
Waterboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by ShooterMcgavin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:16 pm

carbon_dated wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:28 am
Good idea, hopefully weather stays nice. Might try to find that Caldwell/Fort game on radio.
Guessing 100.9
I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11340
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by EasternDspy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:07 pm

ShooterMcgavin wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:16 pm
carbon_dated wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:28 am
Good idea, hopefully weather stays nice. Might try to find that Caldwell/Fort game on radio.
Guessing 100.9
Yea 100.9

carbon_dated
All Conference
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by carbon_dated » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:20 pm

thanks Shooter.


hey, did you see the actor who played Shooter McGavin in that Happy Gilmore got arrested?
You gotta see the mugshot, LOL.

Happy McGavin
Freshman Team
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Location: The 9th green at 9

Re: Who wins Region 27?

Post by Happy McGavin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:16 pm

carbon_dated wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:22 am
EasternDspy wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:09 am
Belpre (5-2) @ Valley (2-5)

Region 27
Big Games tonight.

Aiken (5-2) @ Lucas (5-2)

Green (6-1) @ Beaver Eastern (4-3)

Southern (6-1) @ Waterford (5-2)

Berne Union (5-2) @ Rosecrans (4-3)

Fort Frye (6-0) @ Caldwell (5-2)

River (3-4) @ Crestline (3-4)
If any home teams win I'd bet Lucas, but Waterford is more than capable. Caldwell would need 3 turnovers to upset Fort, Rosecrans has skill but short on numbers. Not sold on Green beating Beaver Eastern and River should win at Crestline.
Those are big games, EDSpy. Hope to see updates on those.
If you had to bet money on any home team winning take Waterford at home against southern. That's a sure bet
The 9th green at 9

Post Reply