Wheelersburg moving to region 20

victor creed
Varsity

Wheelersburg moving to region 20

Post by victor creed »

I am hearing that the burg will be moving to region 20 this year any thoughts on if this is a popular move for burg fans due to travel or tougher/easier region overall

scott1297
All Conference

Re: Wheelersburg moving to region 20

Post by scott1297 »

Every team in Scioto County that's in D-5 will be in region 20 and Burg will likely be playing Cincinnati area teams in the playoffs and a possible good matchup will be if Burg plays Madison Senior again in the playoffs that would be a another great game

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:53 pm Every team in Scioto County that's in D-5 will be in region 20 and Burg will likely be playing Cincinnati area teams in the playoffs and a possible good matchup will be if Burg plays Madison Senior again in the playoffs that would be a another great game they are in region 20

Burg grad 85
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Doesn’t matter really. If you make it out, you end up facing the other regional winners. I think it’s good to mix it up a little but in the end, it takes 5 to win it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It’s will be more difficult yes

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:39 pm It’s will be more difficult yes
In what way?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:05 pm
In what way?
Historically 19 has been the worst region in D5

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:23 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:05 pm
In what way?
Historically 19 has been the worst region in D5
The good news is if we win Region 20 we should (if OHSAA matches up closest schools in Final 4) play the Region 19 winner in the State Semi and therefore theoretically that will provide the easiest path (historically) to the State Championship.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

It will be tough to get out of region 20. Middletown Madison will be tough. I believe they have a a lot returning from last year. They was very impressive last year in the semi's.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Impressive but didn't win.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

They were impressive for a little over half the game until Burg switched things up and punched them in the mouth.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

they proved they could beat anyone last season, i think they'll be fine this season, plenty of quality teams on their schedule

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 pm They were impressive for a little over half the game until Burg switched things up and punched them in the mouth.
Not sure Burg punched them in the mouth, the Madison offense is built in a way that played to Burgs strengths. 10-15 final and Burg having to score in the end to win is by no means a punch to the mouth. Awesome game. Madison brought to that game and returns a d-line that absolutely gave burg fits all night long and truly kept burg from moving the ball with any sustainability. Madison also proved it could get out of the more impressive region 20, believe that was first time in school history they had made the playoffs. So they'll have experience to build off of and will be a tough out as long as the cards hold true for them.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Have to face them sometime. Burgs offense maybe better this year. The running game could be much improved which may take this offense to another level. Defense may not be as good but should still be pretty solid.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:12 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 pm They were impressive for a little over half the game until Burg switched things up and punched them in the mouth.
Not sure Burg punched them in the mouth, the Madison offense is built in a way that played to Burgs strengths. 10-15 final and Burg having to score in the end to win is by no means a punch to the mouth. Awesome game. Madison brought to that game and returns a d-line that absolutely gave burg fits all night long and truly kept burg from moving the ball with any sustainability. Madison also proved it could get out of the more impressive region 20, believe that was first time in school history they had made the playoffs. So they'll have experience to build off of and will be a tough out as long as the cards hold true for them.
I would say holding Madison to just 29 second half yards, forcing 4 turnovers, and 3 for 16 on third downs IS punching them in the mouth. Trust me when I say if Burg meets Madison again this year, Woodward and Company will have a game plan to deal with their d-line and to improve our ball movement.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 pm
I would say holding Madison to just 29 second half yards, forcing 4 turnovers, and 3 for 16 on third downs IS punching them in the mouth. Trust me when I say if Burg meets Madison again this year, Woodward and Company will have a game plan to deal with their d-line and to improve our ball movement.
Oh are you just talking defense??? See I was taking the entire game into consideration, absolutely Burg played great defense but Madison's offensive strength was tailor made for Burg's strength. Score was 10-15 Burgs offense done NOTHING against that defense, I mean you just said it yourself 29 second half yards and 4 TO's and Burg had to pull it off in the end and still only put up 15 points. I'm not taking away from anything Burg did, the game was awesome, but if we're talking game as a whole, no they didn't punch anyone in the mouth. Now if you're talking 2nd half defense then yes, burgs defense and defense only punched Madison in the mouth and simply shut them down.
I simply give credit where credit is due, Burg was held to 182 yrds TOTAL, and 54 yards rushing for the game. This was a game dictated by defense and just like Madison smacked burg in the mouth the 1st half defensively staking themselves to a 10-0 lead, burgs defense returned the favor in the 2nd half leading the way to a 15-10 win. Can't really say trust you on that deal, it's June so much can happen between now and then and both teams have to even make it to that point. One thing for sure only 1 direction to go against that D-line because they were dominate that game. Their offense simply wasn't dynamic enough to make plays outside of having great field position that the defense gave them.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:15 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Oh are you just talking defense??? See I was taking the entire game into consideration, absolutely Burg played great defense but Madison's offensive strength was tailor made for Burg's strength. Score was 10-15 Burgs offense done NOTHING against that defense, I mean you just said it yourself 29 second half yards and 4 TO's and Burg had to pull it off in the end and still only put up 15 points. I'm not taking away from anything Burg did, the game was awesome, but if we're talking game as a whole, no they didn't punch anyone in the mouth. Now if you're talking 2nd half defense then yes, burgs defense and defense only punched Madison in the mouth and simply shut them down.
I simply give credit where credit is due, Burg was held to 182 yrds TOTAL, and 54 yards rushing for the game. This was a game dictated by defense and just like Madison smacked burg in the mouth the 1st half defensively staking themselves to a 10-0 lead, burgs defense returned the favor in the 2nd half leading the way to a 15-10 win. Can't really say trust you on that deal, it's June so much can happen between now and then and both teams have to even make it to that point. One thing for sure only 1 direction to go against that D-line because they were dominate that game. Their offense simply wasn't dynamic enough to make plays outside of having great field position that the defense gave them.
Like I said in my original post, Madison was impressive for a little over half the game until Burg punches them in the mouth and shut them down. Yes Madison held Burg to less yards than their season average. Yes Madison punched Burg in the mouth in the first half. But Burg took advantage of Madison’s miscues in the second half to better their starting field position and giving themselves a chance to win the game. I also said IF they meet again this year and I’m sure others will agree that the coaching staff will be better prepared for Madison and other teams like them by maybe changing up blocking schemes to slow the d-line down and different play calling move the ball better down the field. They could easily meet each other in the first week of playoffs or not at all. But yes it was an awesome game between two heavyweights. I’m glad we were the last ones standing in the end. Heck of a season and hope to repeat.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yes, the defense did in the 2nd half, Madison swung in the 1st half and connected. Burg's defense swung in the 2nd half and connected, I felt this was the perfect game for burg to pull off in the semi final game. As Eastwood was very similar with their defensive play to Madison and that d-line of Madison really showed where burg needed to get ready for come championship game time. This is a region where the finals game could quite very well be equal to watching the DV championship this coming season if not better than. You're always more prepared anytime you've faced a team, I mean should they meet again Madison will be more prepared the 2nd time around compared to the 1st that's just how it works. Burg's staff I have always felt makes excellent 2nd half adjustments this was one of those games where neither offense was going to get going and it simply came down to field position.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Madison owned field position in the first half and burg dropped a couple passes. Both teams were very physical. Burg made a couple big plays when they had to make them. Madison was totally one dimensional and you could tell they could not pass the ball. Edison was one dimensional as well but they could throw the ball. Academy was the game where the burg came out and punched them in the mouth and you could tell they wanted no part of that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

are ironton and burg not in the same region anymore guys. is ironton still in 19. where can a feller see a breakdown of the regions at.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”