81%
Piketon
19%

Total votes: 37

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: WK1 2018 Waverly @ Piketon

Post by smurray »

Bigdog wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:36 am and Easton Wolf will play against Piketon.
Yes, he sat out the Portsmouth scrimmage as a precaution.
Shoemaker and Brooker 1 - 2 in the backfield and the core receivers of Easton Wolfe, Cobe Marquez, Phoenix Wolfe & Zeke Brown is just way too much for Piketon to defend. Shanks has looked very good in the two scrimmages and if the line gives him any kind of protection I look for him to have a great night. He can tuck it a run and not afraid to throw it away to live another day.....
Tigers will have to stop the run and keep the QB in check from scrambling.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:00 am
eagles73Taylor wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:42 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Guess it's a good thing NONE of that matters come Friday night, Piketon is having internal issues and simply aren't on the same page. Waverly has way more speed and size at the skilled players than Piketon can handle across the board. Still going with running clock in this one, might be early 4th quarter but it happens.
Please PM me these internal issues! Curious what they are!
He doesn’t really know anything. He’s just assuming. Been saying it all preseason so far but has nothing to back it up. Just the fact that a few kids decided not to play this year.
LOL, keep telling yourself that. Like I said not airing there dirty laundry, if you don't know then it doesn't really matter because it doesn't effect you any. Has absolutely ZERO to do with the kids who decided not to play, not even counting them in anything.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:55 pm
Bigdog wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:36 am and Easton Wolf will play against Piketon.
Shoemaker and Brooker 1 - 2 in the backfield and the core receivers of Easton Wolfe, Cobe Marquez, Phoenix Wolfe & Zeke Brown is just way too much for Piketon to defend. Shanks has looked very good in the two scrimmages and if the line gives him any kind of protection I look for him to have a great night. He can tuck it a run and not afraid to throw it away to live another day.....
So Shanks is a sophomore, what does Waverly have behind him?? Seen some boys in there but not the boys who I would've thought should've been playing the QB position over some other talent they have who can play the position.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LIGHTSOUT wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 pm It is my understanding that Grooms from Piketon has to sit out like 5 games??
That's my understanding, 1st 5 games according to what he's told ppl. We'll see if it's true or not.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:22 pm
So Shanks is a sophomore, what does Waverly have behind him?? Seen some boys in there but not the boys who I would've thought should've been playing the QB position over some other talent they have who can play the position.
Freshman Morrison has received the second team snaps in the scrimmages. I have no idea if he would be called in if something happens to Shanks. As a freshman I doubt it but I don't know that.....

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:21 pm
eagles73Taylor wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:42 am

Please PM me these internal issues! Curious what they are!
He doesn’t really know anything. He’s just assuming. Been saying it all preseason so far but has nothing to back it up. Just the fact that a few kids decided not to play this year.
LOL, keep telling yourself that. Like I said not airing there dirty laundry, if you don't know then it doesn't really matter because it doesn't effect you any. Has absolutely ZERO to do with the kids who decided not to play, not even counting them in anything.
Says the person who hides behind a screen name, you know nothing but hearsay! And before you say, yes I know if we don’t already know then it doesn’t affect us, or you aren’t going to air Piketons dirty laundry. Move on to another topic please.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:41 pm

Says the person who hides behind a screen name, you know nothing but hearsay! And before you say, yes I know if we don’t already know then it doesn’t affect us, or you aren’t going to air Piketons dirty laundry. Move on to another topic please.
:lol: :lol: Feel better?? Then don't ask about it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:33 pm

Freshman Morrison has received the second team snaps in the scrimmages. I have no idea if he would be called in if something happens to Shanks. As a freshman I doubt it but I don't know that.....
Hasn't the Z. Brown been taking some reps as well??

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:38 pm

What happens in practice stays at practice, lol.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:29 pm

Don’t put lies on a message board while hiding your real name.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:39 pm

LOL ;) ;)

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:42 pm

Haven't put any lies on here, no reason to, you simply are angry I'm not telling you information so you can spread it around your county. Can't handle what is said then don't read. Back to the game

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:39 pm

Don't think they have before, maybe you can help me out, how come waverly and piketon doesn't play a JV game?? Looks like Waverly has Zane Trace on the 1st. Just figured being that close together would be easy scheduling.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:47 pm

Haven't put any lies on here, no reason to, you simply are angry I'm not telling you information so you can spread it around your county. Can't handle what is said then don't read. Back to the game
Nice try at deflecting, but when you say internal problems you are insinuating problems with the coaching staff or players or both. You started stirring the crap, now you think you can sit back and claim innocence! Not angry here, just calling out BS where I see it!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:58 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:47 pm

Nice try at deflecting, but when you say internal problems you are insinuating problems with the coaching staff or players or both. You started stirring the crap, now you think you can sit back and claim innocence! Not angry here, just calling out BS where I see it!
Good Deal, good luck with that.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

One more practice tomorrow and walk through on Thursday. This game is nearly upon us...

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:53 pm

Don't think they have before, maybe you can help me out, how come waverly and piketon doesn't play a JV game?? Looks like Waverly has Zane Trace on the 1st. Just figured being that close together would be easy scheduling.
There is a Waverly vs Piketon JV game scheduled for Saturday at 10.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:26 pm
LIGHTSOUT wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 pm It is my understanding that Grooms from Piketon has to sit out like 5 games??
That's my understanding, 1st 5 games according to what he's told ppl. We'll see if it's true or not.
And why would he have to sit out the first 5 games????

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Would like to see a close game but I’ve seen piketon and the way the waverly fans talk they are loaded this year so doubt this stays close.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I was talking to a parent of a Piketon player the other day, and they said their son made the statement "we will never be as good as Waverly". I hate to hear kids having that mind set, especially coming from an upperclassman. I know not all players feel that way but thoughts like this can poison a locker room and hurt a program if those feelings spread.

Return to “Football”