81%
Piketon
19%

Total votes: 37

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Waverly @ Piketon WK1

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:34 am Not much chatter going on lately here...
We will get our first look at the redstreaks tomorrow as they scrimmage Minford @ home. Will be eager to hear how things go. Haven't been able to get much insight on how things are looking for Piketon. Anyone have any updates on them?
Looks like a low number of kids but return almost all of the offensive output from last season. You’ll be hearing Grooms, Galloway, Henderson, and Little a lot this year. Lost our anchor on defense (Thacker) at safety to a torn acl. Other than that it sounds like we are pretty healthy. I’ll be at the Minford scrimmage and will try to have some updates on here as to how they look

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sounds like they made the same mistake I made in trying to plant new grass this spring. I did some of my yard last fall and it's awesome. I did the exact same process (same dirt, seed, etc.) to a different area of yard this Spring and it's terrible.
I guess you don't do any of that kind of work in the Spring because the grass doesn't have time for it's roots to get down deep like it does if you plant in the fall......

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

what time is scrimmage an where ?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Is there any definite decision yet on the location of this game? It's only 2 weeks away and I doubt the field will improve any with it being August already.
Is it Piketon regardless of the field? Will it be at Waverly if the field is not at a certain level of satisfaction or Valley?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

smurray wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:36 pm Is there any definite decision yet on the location of this game? It's only 2 weeks away and I doubt the field will improve any with it being August already.
Is it Piketon regardless of the field? Will it be at Waverly if the field is not at a certain level of satisfaction or Valley?
From everything I have been hearing from different sources, some of those being Piketon parents, is that the game is looking like it will be played at Valley. That seems to be the common answer I keep receiving at least.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

mlittle wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:54 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:34 am Not much chatter going on lately here...
We will get our first look at the redstreaks tomorrow as they scrimmage Minford @ home. Will be eager to hear how things go. Haven't been able to get much insight on how things are looking for Piketon. Anyone have any updates on them?
Looks like a low number of kids but return almost all of the offensive output from last season. You’ll be hearing Grooms, Galloway, Henderson, and Little a lot this year. Lost our anchor on defense (Thacker) at safety to a torn acl. Other than that it sounds like we are pretty healthy. I’ll be at the Minford scrimmage and will try to have some updates on here as to how they look
Any particular reason for the numbers being down? Are there boys not coming out that have played in the past or is this seasons numbers consistent with what these groups have had from jr. high up to this point? Or maybe transfers?

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

smurray wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:36 pm Is there any definite decision yet on the location of this game? It's only 2 weeks away and I doubt the field will improve any with it being August already.
I have heard that the game will be most likely be played @ Piketon from a Piketon administration person. I believe the landscaping company has been out at the field a couple times fertilizing it. I think the field looks playable from last time I checked

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Bo Arnett said as of now the game is at Piketon.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'm sure piketon is going to do everything possible to keep that game at Piketon, $$$

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

I’m sure we’ll have a for sure answer to where the game will be played a few days prior to the game. Just wonder who will make the final decision will it be the Piketon school board or will it be up to the athletic directors

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:34 pm I’m sure we’ll have a for sure answer to where the game will be played a few days prior to the game. Just wonder who will make the final decision will it be the Piketon school board or will it be up to the athletic directors
That game will be played at Piketon

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:54 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:54 am
Any particular reason for the numbers being down? Are there boys not coming out that have played in the past or is this seasons numbers consistent with what these groups have had from jr. high up to this point? Or maybe transfers?
Not quite sure. Only one player that I know of from last year that isn’t playing and another moved out of state. I think they have 40 this year and had somewhere around that last year. Maybe that’s where that number has been last several years but 38-40 kids doesn’t sound like they’re getting full participation.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly looking very good at Miami Trace right now. Offense very sharp and crisp, great team speed.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

Piketon has 3 senior starters from last year that decided not to play this year. Another senior starter that moved out of state and another senior starter that tore his acl during a summer basketball league. That forces alot of kids into positions they are not familiar with. Hoping for a good year but it could be a long one. 😕

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly has reloaded...
They are definitely deeper & more athletic than last year with great overall team speed.
The offense is loaded with weapons.
Shanks has been very poised today hitting receivers in stride and even scrambled up the middle running over a defender.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

That overall team speed won’t help at Piketon. Heard they’re gonna grow the grass about 2 feet for that game

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:35 pm That overall team speed won’t help at Piketon. Heard they’re gonna grow the grass about 2 feet for that game
Now that will be an impressive feat......

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

How did the Tigers D look today?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:22 pm How did the Tigers D look today?
Miami Trace never got close to scoring but there are a couple areas to shore up on D.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverly took on Trace which isn't much and it showed. Real test to see where they are will be against Trojans next week as they'll have plenty of speed to go with a big line. Given what Piketon is going through this game is going to get ugly fast. I've been saying Piketon wasn't going to throw the ball on Waverly, but Waverly showing so much speed this will be a running clock. Yeah 2 weeks before the game and I'm saying running clock sorry but Piketon right now is in disarray.

Return to “Football”