Possible teams to Expand the FAC? And Future of the FAC?

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Possible teams to Expand the FAC? And Future of the FAC?

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Thoughts?

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Possible teams to Expand the FAC? And Future of the FAC?

Post by Kicker. »

What teams really fit the bill to join the league? Athens is about the only one that comes to mind because of size but that is a horrible drive from Hillsboro and I don't see Athens leaving the TVC

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Being a local to the Chillicothe area I like what we have. I do t know that potential teams live Waverly, Unioto, Logan Elm, Circleville, I’m not sure it ever happens. A lot of long drives for the Jackson folk but at least they have a league they can always finish runner up in haha

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Schools that could fit in this league are too far away for Hillsboro. Would Atown travel to Washington?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

No one is going to want to drive to Hillsboro and Greenfield, and all of those schools mentioned are already in leagues with a better travel setup, which matters with diesel at over $3 a gallon again.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

North
Miami trace
Court house
Hillsboro
Greenfield
Wilmington

South
Logan elm
Chillicothe
Jackson
Waverly
Unioto

Each school plays 6 league games until you can find other schools to add later on.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:50 pm North
Miami trace
Court house
Hillsboro
Greenfield
Wilmington

South
Logan elm
Chillicothe
Jackson
Waverly
Unioto

Each school plays 6 league games until you can find other schools to add later on.
So Wilmington is going to ditch their current league that took them in after five schools broke from the SCOL and join those five schools in the FAC? Not going to happen. And remember, part of the reason why those five schools ditched the SCOL was Wilmington basketball.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

What is likely to happen is three of the four leftover FAC schools once Greenfield and Hillsboro leave will join the SVC and help form a big school division. Not sure if the SVC will take Chillicothe.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I for one was very excited over the formation of the FAC and did not foresee Hillsboro and McClain wanting to jump ship. I thought the old SCOL ties would keep them happy.

If/when the Highland teams depart, there would be no solution to keep the FAC alive. No local teams would be a fit or willing to join. The remaining four schools could try to stay together, but scheduling seven non league games would be a tall task.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:50 pm North
Miami trace
Court house
Hillsboro
Greenfield
Wilmington

South
Logan elm
Chillicothe
Jackson
Waverly
Unioto

Waverly would want nothing of Chillicothe and Jackson they've eluded them for years

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Omega wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:52 pm I for one was very excited over the formation of the FAC and did not foresee Hillsboro and McClain wanting to jump ship. I thought the old SCOL ties would keep them happy.

If/when the Highland teams depart, there would be no solution to keep the FAC alive. No local teams would be a fit or willing to join. The remaining four schools could try to stay together, but scheduling seven non league games would be a tall task.

Unioto and Waverly likely wouldnt want to leave their current situations but if you could talk Circleville and Logan Elm into joining, I think the Conferemce could still work.

In the case the conference falls to 4 teams and no one else will join, Chillicothe and Jackson could fire back up the old seoal with Logan, Warren, Marietta and possibly Athens.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Dundas wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:48 pm
Omega wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:52 pm I for one was very excited over the formation of the FAC and did not foresee Hillsboro and McClain wanting to jump ship. I thought the old SCOL ties would keep them happy.

Unioto and Waverly likely wouldnt want to leave their current situations but if you could talk Circleville and Logan Elm into joining, I think the Conferemce could still work.

In the case the conference falls to 4 teams and no one else will join, Chillicothe and Jackson could fire back up the old seoal with Logan, Warren, Marietta and possibly Athens.
The SEOAL reborn is an intriguing idea. Athens seems happy with TVC and the other schools mentioned would likely decline due to the travel involved. Anyhow a four or five team conference would not be better off than the FAC. It sucks to be a D3 school or bigger in southern Ohio.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Hillsboro and Greenfield will both be gone before they'd ever get to add teams to the league, given the fact they're already looking. Waverly has ZERO aspirations in jumping into this league considering they'd like to go SVC. Unioto because of proximity could be a possibility but I think they'd be better served trying to go mid-state if they could. I like the Circleville and Logan Elm thoughts but don't see Circleville leaving mid-state. For now until they lose teams like Hlllsboro and Mcclain I think travel is going to be a HUGE obstacle for the FAC to get teams to want to come into the league. Athens isn't going anywhere unless the TVC kicks them out, LOL.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Here is an article from last January in the Ptown Times that talks about FAC expansion. The story also states the current FAC member schools signed a four year contract to stay in the conference at risk of financial penalty. I also remember a link to a Hillsboro newspaper that had an article expressing the Highland Co's schools desire to leave the FAC, but have had no luck finding it. So I guess my question is do we know with certainty that the Indians and Tigers are leaving? I assumed so, but where is the proof?

https://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/s ... d-to-eight

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Omega wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm Here is an article from last January in the Ptown Times that talks about FAC expansion. The story also states the current FAC member schools signed a four year contract to stay in the conference at risk of financial penalty. I also remember a link to a Hillsboro newspaper that had an article expressing the Highland Co's schools desire to leave the FAC, but have had no luck finding it. So I guess my question is do we know with certainty that the Indians and Tigers are leaving? I assumed so, but where is the proof?

Where there's smoke there's fire, different ppl have seen different outlets stating the exact same thing. Also stated by a Hillsboro coach they were looking to leave at 1st chance, my guess is if the Adams county teams can find their footing Hillsboro will look to head that direction.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:17 pm
Omega wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm Here is an article from last January in the Ptown Times that talks about FAC expansion. The story also states the current FAC member schools signed a four year contract to stay in the conference at risk of financial penalty. I also remember a link to a Hillsboro newspaper that had an article expressing the Highland Co's schools desire to leave the FAC, but have had no luck finding it. So I guess my question is do we know with certainty that the Indians and Tigers are leaving? I assumed so, but where is the proof?

Where there's smoke there's fire, different ppl have seen different outlets stating the exact same thing. Also stated by a Hillsboro coach they were looking to leave at 1st chance, my guess is if the Adams county teams can find their footing Hillsboro will look to head that direction.
Huh? Find their footing?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:17 pm

Huh? Find their footing?
Huh? Yep

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Small chance this mishmash of schools lasts two more years, just not seeing anything long term here. Chilli may leave first actually beating McClain and Boro to the punch. Not sure who could join quick enough to save it.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Dandy Don wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 pm Small chance this mishmash of schools lasts two more years, just not seeing anything long term here. Chilli may leave first actually beating McClain and Boro to the punch. Not sure who could join quick enough to save it.
where do you think chilli would go? what makes the best fit for them?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Dandy Don wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 pm Small chance this mishmash of schools lasts two more years, just not seeing anything long term here. Chilli may leave first actually beating McClain and Boro to the punch. Not sure who could join quick enough to save it.
Where would Chillicothe go? Back north or independent?

Return to “Football”