The TVC’s biggest issue, and solution..

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: The TVC’s biggest issue, and solution..

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:03 pm The TVC missed the boat when they didn’t absorb the Seoal under the TVC banner
I strongly disagree!
Dundas wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:27 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:03 pm The TVC missed the boat when they didn’t absorb the Seoal under the TVC banner

We may not agree on a lot Poo Bear, but we agree on this. The TVc has the chance to become the premier multi division conference south of Columbus and they chose to pass. Eventually it will hurt them. Just like the SEOAL not adding VC and Warren back in the 60’s thus the creation of the TVC. Which ultimately lead to the Seoal’s death.
That is a bold claim.

Let me explain. First, why would as some suggested that Vinton County, or Nelsonville-York EXPECT and ACCEPT the old SEOAL? But especially, Vinton County. As I remembered, even you Dundas suggested that the NEW TVC look like the OLD SEOAL; for example, Athens, Gallia Academy, Jackson, Logan, Warren, and Vinton County. If Vinton County wanted to join the SEOAL, they would have done it 15-20 years ago.

However, the prevailing wisdom is, just because the SEOAL made some bad decisions, for example; expanding for the sake of expanding, the TVC was EXPECTED to absorb those who were willing to stay, i.e., Warren, Marrietta, Jackson, and so on. And again, because of those bad decisions, the TVC was to be the savior and realign into these three wonderful conferences and everyone should just ACCEPT it. If this would have happened, I believe the administrators at Vinton County would have looked west. After all, for Vinton County, the SVC is a better fit.

Next, the implosion of the SEOAL had nothing to do with Vinton County and Warren all those years ago. I surmise that the SEOAL would still be alive and well today, if they hadn't gotten greedy, by adding Chillicothe, Portsmouth, Ironton, Zanesville. You can go back and look at my post from then, I said then, that was a bad and terrible idea and of course I was mocked for it, but at the time, fuel prices were up, attendance in most leagues were down, and the travel time alone was atrocious, I said that this couldn't be a great idea and would eventually fold. However, I thought that would be years down the road, but when Athens left just the next year, it only hasten the demise of the SEOAL.

Poo, you say the TVC missed the boat. Well, the SEOAL stood in theirs and shot the bottom out of it, so it sank. Is the TVC supposed to throw lifesavers?

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:43 am
I strongly disagree!

We may not agree on a lot Poo Bear, but we agree on this. The TVc has the chance to become the premier multi division conference south of Columbus and they chose to pass. Eventually it will hurt them. Just like the SEOAL not adding VC and Warren back in the 60’s thus the creation of the TVC. Which ultimately lead to the Seoal’s death.
That is a bold claim.

Let me explain. First, why would as some suggested that Vinton County, or Nelsonville-York EXPECT and ACCEPT the old SEOAL? But especially, Vinton County. As I remembered, even you Dundas suggested that the NEW TVC look like the OLD SEOAL; for example, Athens, Gallia Academy, Jackson, Logan, Warren, and Vinton County. If Vinton County wanted to join the SEOAL, they would have done it 15-20 years ago.

However, the prevailing wisdom is, just because the SEOAL made some bad decisions, for example; expanding for the sake of expanding, the TVC was EXPECTED to absorb those who were willing to stay, i.e., Warren, Marrietta, Jackson, and so on. And again, because of those bad decisions, the TVC was to be the savior and realign into these three wonderful conferences and everyone should just ACCEPT it. If this would have happened, I believe the administrators at Vinton County would have looked west. After all, for Vinton County, the SVC is a better fit.

Next, the implosion of the SEOAL had nothing to do with Vinton County and Warren all those years ago. I surmise that the SEOAL would still be alive and well today, if they hadn't gotten greedy, by adding Chillicothe, Portsmouth, Ironton, Zanesville. You can go back and look at my post from then, I said then, that was a bad and terrible idea and of course I was mocked for it, but at the time, fuel prices were up, attendance in most leagues were down, and the travel time alone was atrocious, I said that this couldn't be a great idea and would eventually fold. However, I thought that would be years down the road, but when Athens left just the next year, it only hasten the demise of the SEOAL.

Poo, you say the TVC missed the boat. Well, the SEOAL stood in theirs and shot the bottom out of it, so it sank. Is the TVC supposed to throw lifesavers?
Hear Hear!

seops2018
Waterboy

Post by seops2018 »

I can't see Gallia leaving the OVC. They are one of the larger schools, but overall its a competitive league. They have a chance to win, but by no means is it a sure thing.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:43 am
I strongly disagree!

That is a bold claim.

I don’t look at it as saving the Seoal . I look at it as bolstering the TVC . My idea was to have 4 divisions of 5 teams under the TVC banner . That would get Athens back with similar size teams and would grow the TVC brand by adding a bigger division with Athens , Logan , warren , Gallia Academy and Jackson. This was just an opinion as I believe this is an opinion forum for local sports . I know I’m just a poor boy from hamden , I don’t have a degree from The Ohio State University nor is my understanding of the English language as deep yours but I think everyone can still have an opinion today and not just the Elite .

Having said that I’m glad it didn’t happen. I feel bad for Logan and warren but as for Jackson the FAC is much more competitive. I guess everything works out for a reason , even for poor Hamden boys .

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Whoa, big fella. Nothing about my post was personally condescending, I respect your opinion, disagree more than not, but value it none the less. I am just saying, think of it this way...what if Ironton, Chillicothe, Portsmouth, and Zanesville never joined and the powers to be came to McArthur and said join the SEOAL or cease to exist. To me, my opinion only, it was like people on here, some I consider friends, were trying to shoe horn Vinton County into the SEOAL, but we will just call it the TVC. See what I mean? After all you said it, Athens (Old SEOAL), Logan (Old SEOAL), Warren (Old SEOAL), Gallia Academy (Old SEOAL), Jackson (Old SEOAL), aaaaaannnnndddddd then Vinton County (TVC). I just don't understand why anyone would think that this is ok. Especially, Vinton County fans.

Swampfox13
Riding the Bench

Post by Swampfox13 »

Warren would be a great add, but I think the problem is they were in the TVC twice and left. Some may think they would be in it until something better came along.

TOESTUBBER01
Riding the Bench

Post by TOESTUBBER01 »

Warren was a charter member of TVC. Left for SEOAL in mid eighties and are now in OVAC, Never left TVC twice.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Swampfox13 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:53 am Warren would be a great add, but I think the problem is they were in the TVC twice and left. Some may think they would be in it until something better came along.
They only left once.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:01 am Whoa, big fella. Nothing about my post was personally condescending, I respect your opinion, disagree more than not, but value it none the less. I am just saying, think of it this way...what if Ironton, Chillicothe, Portsmouth, and Zanesville never joined and the powers to be came to McArthur and said join the SEOAL or cease to exist. To me, my opinion only, it was like people on here, some I consider friends, were trying to shoe horn Vinton County into the SEOAL, but we will just call it the TVC. See what I mean? After all you said it, Athens (Old SEOAL), Logan (Old SEOAL), Warren (Old SEOAL), Gallia Academy (Old SEOAL), Jackson (Old SEOAL), aaaaaannnnndddddd then Vinton County (TVC). I just don't understand why anyone would think that this is ok. Especially, Vinton County fans.

VC would not be in the same division as those schools in the scenario I suggested . I agree VC is a founding member of the TVC and their opinion should carry a lot of weight

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Warren were in they wouldn't go anywhere unless schools change so much where conferences were almost made to change.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I still think that we are going to see leagues as we know them now disappear. I think we are going to have some leagues formed as football only leagues. Or maybe these leagues will play football and basketball. But almost all league games will be Friday or Saturday nights.

Then besides that you are going to have a lot of local leagues formed for what I would call the weeknight sports. And the sports not a lot of schools participate in.

You might think Gallia academy a great fit for the OVC. I haven’t talked to anyone. So I know nothing but my guess is if the right league came calling gallia academy would be gone in a minute. Nothing to do with being competitive everything to do with gate.

The blue devils by far we’ll not by far because Portsmouth not close but outside of fairyland. The blue devils are lucky to get 100 away fans for any league game that they host. And I hear constantly when I am at away games that they can’t believe how well the blue devils travel. I could be wrong. I don’t know.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Tvcfans2020
Waterboy

Post by Tvcfans2020 »

When did the TVC divide into 2 divisions?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

If the TVC ain't broke, don't fix it.

Discussions about conference changes/realignment are always entertaining, but it seems a lot of the TVC talk is about recreating the core SEOAL as a division within the conference. Athens, Chillicothe, Gallia Academy, Jackson, and Logan along with Marietta and Warren would work but is not feasible due to enrollment, travel and program strength differences.

Never say never, but the SEOAL deserves to be celebrated for what it was, yet be allowed to rest in a dignified death.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:27 pm

FANOSPORTS wrote: ↑ I followed the old SEOAL for 48 or so years before it disbanded and it's a generational revolving door that changed a lot. Nelsonville (late 60's), Meigs (15 years after consolidation of Mid/Pom/Rut) 80's, Wellston (80's) and Athens (00's) all left that league when they no longer competed evenly in the league. They all wanted to jump to the TVC which was originally all smaller schools. Well, some of the above mentioned schools have lost a lot of numbers over the years and were and are still losing kids and population in the district. The TVC never really wanted Athens for this same reason (too large) but finally admitted them. If they would have let Jackson, Logan and Gallopolis in it would be the 1960's-1970's SEOAL reincarnated again other than Ironton and Waverly years ago but they were quite a distance from the others anyway. So now you have Ironton and Gallipolis playing down south, Jackson essentially playing to their west and north and Logan left out in the cold with nowhere to go. Athens will continue to win the all-sports trophy every year in the TVC. They would've had a better big (Ohio) and small (Hocking) division in the TVC if they would have let the old SEOAL teams in and reconfigured a better conference breakdown for that 50 mile radius down there but it's a moot point now. Just my thoughts.
Everyone that are "old-timers" or otherwise objective, reasonable and logical know this to be the truth.

Everyone that doesn't fall into one of those categories have created some sort of "fake news" story in their heads to believe that is isn't factual.

After watching last week's Gallia at Jackson game it reminds me of what could have been. Say what you want but Jackson, Logan, Gallia, Athens et al and the SEOAL, but they had some great games over the course of those years. They just did. Add Chillicothe to that list now and you would really have something. But that isn't gonna happen and I just wasted 2 minutes typing all of this.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:43 pm Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:27 pm

FANOSPORTS wrote: ↑ I followed the old SEOAL for 48 or so years before it disbanded and it's a generational revolving door that changed a lot. Nelsonville (late 60's), Meigs (15 years after consolidation of Mid/Pom/Rut) 80's, Wellston (80's) and Athens (00's) all left that league when they no longer competed evenly in the league. They all wanted to jump to the TVC which was originally all smaller schools. Well, some of the above mentioned schools have lost a lot of numbers over the years and were and are still losing kids and population in the district. The TVC never really wanted Athens for this same reason (too large) but finally admitted them. If they would have let Jackson, Logan and Gallopolis in it would be the 1960's-1970's SEOAL reincarnated again other than Ironton and Waverly years ago but they were quite a distance from the others anyway. So now you have Ironton and Gallipolis playing down south, Jackson essentially playing to their west and north and Logan left out in the cold with nowhere to go. Athens will continue to win the all-sports trophy every year in the TVC. They would've had a better big (Ohio) and small (Hocking) division in the TVC if they would have let the old SEOAL teams in and reconfigured a better conference breakdown for that 50 mile radius down there but it's a moot point now. Just my thoughts.
Everyone that are "old-timers" or otherwise objective, reasonable and logical know this to be the truth.

Everyone that doesn't fall into one of those categories have created some sort of "fake news" story in their heads to believe that is isn't factual.

After watching last week's Gallia at Jackson game it reminds me of what could have been. Say what you want but Jackson, Logan, Gallia, Athens et al and the SEOAL, but they had some great games over the course of those years. They just did. Add Chillicothe to that list now and you would really have something. But that isn't gonna happen and I just wasted 2 minutes typing all of this.
The last 2 sentences and last paragraph were posted by "doubleplay643" on my previous post on the LOGAN/MEIGS post yesterday.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Tvcfans2020 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:02 pm When did the TVC divide into 2 divisions?

Ohio Division

Belpre
Meigs
Nelsonville York
Vinton County
Wellston

Hocking Division

Alexander
Eastern
Federal Hocking
Miller
Southern
Trimble

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:16 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 pm

That would make a crappy game for points.

True. But so would most games NY would play in any sort of "mid-size" division. Nothing outside of NY being in the large school division excites me personally.
I just don't think the TVC is ready for a change this big.
At some point schools will get tired of trying to find games and something will happen. I couldn't imagine playing fed hock in Football lol
I'd take them this year. At least it would be a chance for a win and we might even score a few TD's.

Swampfox13
Riding the Bench

Post by Swampfox13 »

To those who think the TVC is a league, it is not. As far as scheduling, they function separately. I view them as 2 different leagues such as the MVL and OVC. They do not have play between the teams that count for anything. There is not a mandatory rule that they must play at least on game against the other league that would count. Maybe in each sport, if it was mandatory that they would play a team the last game of the season, it would mean something such the # 1, #2 ect playing against each other.

Return to “Football”