Jackson 54 Wellston 14

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: WK1 2018 Jackson @ Wellston

Post by Poo Bear »

No way this is a running clock. Wellston will be hyped up through the roof for the last ever Jackson game at CH jones . Wellston has nearly as many players as Jackson. Wellston could very well be stronger and they will have the fastest player on the field. Coach Lucas has done a great job getting the kids stronger and the numbers up. This will be a game for 4 quarters.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:56 pm No way this is a running clock. Wellston will be hyped up through the roof for the last ever Jackson game at CH jones . Wellston has nearly as many players as Jackson. Wellston could very well be stronger and they will have the fastest player on the field. Coach Lucas has done a great job getting the kids stronger and the numbers up. This will be a game for 4 quarters.
Wow, Wellston has really gained in the numbers department then. Good for them love to see this be a close 1-2 score game to start the season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Asking...(don’t know the answer)

Does Wellston dress every freshman for varsity? Does Jackson (don’t believe so)

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:57 pm Asking...(don’t know the answer)

I believe they do, or at least they have because of the numbers. Jackson I think dresses freshman for homes games and not away, not 100% sure on that one though.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:56 pm No way this is a running clock. Wellston will be hyped up through the roof for the last ever Jackson game at CH jones . Wellston has nearly as many players as Jackson. Wellston could very well be stronger and they will have the fastest player on the field. Coach Lucas has done a great job getting the kids stronger and the numbers up. This will be a game for 4 quarters.
it may be a running clock in 2nd half. it’s always been a good exciting 1st half every year. But this year will be different. Jackson has more speed this year then they had last year, more play makers to choose from. the defense will be very strong and fast. I don’t see this lasting 4 quarters. I’m sorry,I just don’t. But If Jackson doesn’t come ready to play then it will be a dog fight and 4 quarters.
Last edited by Ironmen#2588 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:59 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:57 pm Asking...(don’t know the answer)

I believe they do, or at least they have because of the numbers. Jackson I think dresses freshman for homes games and not away, not 100% sure on that one though.
Jackson does NOT dress freshman for home games or away games, this year their will be 3 or 4 freshman on varsity, and I wouldn’t be shocked they don’t get playing time to help with getting fresh extra bodies in the game. they played pretty well with the starters in the scrimmage last Friday. Very pleased with their performance. Boys will get more confidence in themselves the more opportunities they get. But it’s not very often a freshman or a few dress varsity let alone get playing time.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

I've heard from multiple people in the Jackson community that this team could struggle more than any team Coach Hall has had in his tenure at Jackson. Is this not true?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

goblue1395 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:37 am I've heard from multiple people in the Jackson community that this team could struggle more than any team Coach Hall has had in his tenure at Jackson. Is this not true?
I don't find this to be 100% accurate....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

goblue1395 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:37 am I've heard from multiple people in the Jackson community that this team could struggle more than any team Coach Hall has had in his tenure at Jackson. Is this not true?

One Jackson insider said this would be the weakest team in coach halls tenure at Jackson. The line was rebuilt this season but only time will tell if it holds up. We’ll find out soon how weak the 2018 Ironmen are .

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

Funny reading this about Jackson. They will win 7 games at the least.
Should be 4 and 0 heading to Burg. Courthouse should be improved and field one of their better teams in years. Will see how they are doing at that point.
Gallia should be improved but Jackson should be fine. Wellston will win 5 or so, Fairfield union will be down this year.
Western Brown just plays a tough schedule but they have a few games they could win.

Trace, Hillsboro and McClain they will win. Chillicothe will be down from last year very good senior class graduated.
This should be a good football game at this point. Week 10 is a long way away and lots can happen between now and then.
My guess Jackson is an 8 win team possibly 9. The Jackson people know this also.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Bring the Heat wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:48 am Funny reading this about Jackson. They will win 7 games at the least.
Should be 4 and 0 heading to Burg. Courthouse should be improved and field one of their better teams in years. Will see how they are doing at that point.
Gallia should be improved but Jackson should be fine. Wellston will win 5 or so, Fairfield union will be down this year.
Western Brown just plays a tough schedule but they have a few games they could win.

Trace, Hillsboro and McClain they will win. Chillicothe will be down from last year very good senior class graduated.
This should be a good football game at this point. Week 10 is a long way away and lots can happen between now and then.
My guess Jackson is an 8 win team possibly 9. The Jackson people know this also.
That’s just what was reported by a “Jackson insider”

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson should be fine. They are nothing like the 14 and 15 teams but Jackson should beat the bad teams. I’d say at least 8-2

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Bring the Heat wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:48 am Funny reading this about Jackson. They will win 7 games at the least.

Would you say this years Jackson team is better than last years?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

goblue1395 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Would you say this years Jackson team is better than last years?
TBD. Potential and offensive scheme is there. Time will tell

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

good luck to both teams this year.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

getting closer now

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Does anyone know what years and how many years that Jackson and Wellston played each other on Thanksgiving Day every year? Likewise after they stopped playing each other, what years and how many years did Jackson and Oak Hill play on Thanksgiving Day?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Jackson by 21

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Curious, who is going to be the fastest player on the field tonight?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Pete_Bell wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:40 am Curious, who is going to be the fastest player on the field tonight?
Rylan Molihan-Wellston

Return to “Football”