Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
se-alum
All Conference

Re: WK1 2018 Southeastern @ Northwest

Post by se-alum »

Haven't heard much as far as what offense SE will run this year. I'd be surprised if they didn't go back to spreading it out and giving Ruby room to make plays.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

gotta believe SE wins

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Northwest looked a lot more organized and ready to compete Friday against Valley. Valley still had their way with Northwest, but the Mohawks will be better. They had a freshman running back come in and he was the quickest player on the field. If Northwest can at least somewhat contain Ruby, they will be in the game.

Mohawk1234
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk1234 »

If Northwest limits turnovers there’s no reason this shouldn’t be a close game.
NW:27
SE:20

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

SE wins this game if they spread it out and get away from the wing T, yes it won them 11 games last year but the personnel is different this year and Ruby is the only big play guy they have.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:46 am Northwest looked a lot more organized and ready to compete Friday against Valley. Valley still had their way with Northwest, but the Mohawks will be better. They had a freshman running back come in and he was the quickest player on the field. If Northwest can at least somewhat contain Ruby, they will be in the game.
I believe they started 4 freshmen on friday. I know there was at least 5 they played in the varsity part of the scrimmage.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:37 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:46 am Northwest looked a lot more organized and ready to compete Friday against Valley. Valley still had their way with Northwest, but the Mohawks will be better. They had a freshman running back come in and he was the quickest player on the field. If Northwest can at least somewhat contain Ruby, they will be in the game.
I believe they started 4 freshmen on friday. I know there was at least 5 they played in the varsity part of the scrimmage.
No real surprise there, believe that 8th grade team went undefeated last year, bound to be some players that Northwest needs to step up.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:41 pm
No real surprise there, believe that 8th grade team went undefeated last year, bound to be some players that Northwest needs to step up.
I don't think that group has lost a game since 5th grade.
With all the upgrades in the future, turf field, indoor turf facility for speed and agility training, new weight room, locker rooms, visitor side bleachers, and what the freshmen class has coming up behind them. The future looks bright.
Most of the freshmen class are very good students, good kids and great role models to the younger kids also.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:50 pm

With all the upgrades in the future, turf field, indoor turf facility for speed and agility training, new weight room, locker rooms, visitor side bleachers, and what the freshmen class has coming up behind them. The future looks bright.
Most of the freshmen class are very good students, good kids and great role models to the younger kids also.
That's awesome, didn't realize they haven't lost for that long, I believe they rolled over everyone in 8th grade. Just as long as they can roll with the punches and endure the growing pains that comes with playing as a freshman maybe NW will have something brewing in a 2-3 years.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:52 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:50 pm

That's awesome, didn't realize they haven't lost for that long, I believe they rolled over everyone in 8th grade. Just as long as they can roll with the punches and endure the growing pains that comes with playing as a freshman maybe NW will have something brewing in a 2-3 years.
They have 4 good classes behind them also. I think for the most part I think most of them will work hard and stick with it.
I look for them to probably dress 60 to 70 kids in the varsity level in the next few years.
Northwest has had a history of falling off at the varsity level over the years. I truly believe that's about to change.

Big Bob
Waterboy

Post by Big Bob »

SE will go as far as Ruby and the line can take them. Should be a close one. SE with the win.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Big Bob wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:48 am SE will go as far as Ruby and the line can take them. Should be a close one. SE with the win.
There choice to no let their best "O" lineman play this year will be a big hit to them and that line.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Southeastern 34 Northwest 0

Post by mattash »

Final Southeastern 34 Northwest 0

can someone post box scores with stats

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Southeastern 34 Northwest 0

Post by danicalifornia »