Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
outerbanksjake
JV Team

Re: WK1 2018 Cambridge @ Indian Creek

Post by outerbanksjake »

Bobcats have a good QB and receivers, but very suspect against the run and that is what IC will do, run run run. IC to win.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Run D will be an issue this season, for that matter D in general..very young w/ only 3 starters back on D (very few others w/ varsity time last season). Creek has a nice QB (over 2,000 yards last season) and good set of receivers but huge O line and good running back who killed us last year. Cats will have to score alot to compete. Have the ability to put up points but we did last year too and look what happened. New coach, new system..guess we'll find out.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Cambridge has a good QB and nice recievers. If they got better at the small things they will put up points.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Cambridge may be in for a tough year. Defense gave up big plays and offense couldn't get a playoff.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Lots of younger guys got reps last night. We are definitely in for a rough year just based on our schedule alone, but even w/ a lighter schedule we'd struggle this season. Alot of back-ups got more reps than starters last night for some reason.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Shenandoah or Buckeye Trail who wins?

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Like I said, I didn't watch them play each other so you would have a better feel for that.. and I don't think I can take what we did and apply it b/c I don't know what to think about what I saw from us!

No doubt Zeps will win games. I like their skill and size. It seemed like their QB and RB were too deep but I gotta believe it was by design to read holes..just took a long time to get back to the line.

BT impressed me on D against us...we couldn't keep them out of the backfield. That being said, we need short, quick timing routes and not 30 yard passes like we were trying last night. BT was aggressive on D and with Grafton and Beaver they should score some points.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

I just felt like it was a lot closer than people think between those two teams.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

I had to get up and walk around, got one of those snow cones and was talking to people..only saw the last few minutes so can't comment. Hard to tell much from scrimmges sometimes and it's crazy how people see different things. All I know is BT made us look silly and Zeps made us look less silly :)

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

Word from the Zanesville area is that Cambridge and Buckeye Trail are in for long years....don't know, haven't seen them - time will tell

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Agreed mondayamqb

Return to “Football”