This will be an amazing year!!

Post Reply
wagner97
Freshman Team
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:54 pm

This will be an amazing year!!

Post by wagner97 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:41 pm

Watched previews on WTOV-9 super site for first time this evening. Players and coaches comments.

We are in for one awesome year of football in this region, especially OVAC. Here’s what I gathered.

Meadowbrook: state championship contenders.
Shenandoah: State Champions contenders.
St. C: deep deep playoff run
Barnesville: week 11-13 expectations
Caldwell: week 11-13 expectations
Shadyside: week 11-13 expectations

Add to that Big Red going deep!



EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11086
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: This will be an amazing year!!

Post by EasternDspy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:47 am

LMAO

wagner97
Freshman Team
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:54 pm

Re: This will be an amazing year!!

Post by wagner97 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:21 am

EasternDspy wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:47 am
LMAO
Just going off coaches comments!

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11086
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: This will be an amazing year!!

Post by EasternDspy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:30 am

wagner97 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:21 am
EasternDspy wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:47 am
LMAO
Just going off coaches comments!
You on the hype train? Shenandoah hasn’t beat Fort since 2011 and they are talking state title. Meadowbrook won’t even beat John Glenn.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
All State
Posts: 1412
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: This will be an amazing year!!

Post by greygoose » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:14 am

wagner97 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:41 pm
Watched previews on WTOV-9 super site for first time this evening. Players and coaches comments.

We are in for one awesome year of football in this region, especially OVAC. Here’s what I gathered.

Meadowbrook: state championship contenders.
Shenandoah: State Champions contenders.
St. C: deep deep playoff run
Barnesville: week 11-13 expectations
Caldwell: week 11-13 expectations
Shadyside: week 11-13 expectations

Add to that Big Red going deep!
The problem with all of that is you're not going to get brute honesty. I mean no coach or player is going to say, "yeah I think we've got a shot at playoffs but we'll be out after the 1st round." Or a team that will be 5-6 team win isn't going to go into the season saying, "we're nothing more than a .500 or so team." Glad they got their interview and face time in but from a fans point of view you just can't get caught up in that. I'd like to think every time starts out the season saying we're a playoff or state championship contender.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19110
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: This will be an amazing year!!

Post by Orange and Brown » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:38 am

Glad you are excited but I gotta admit. You gave me a good laugh.
Back to Back TVC-OHIO champions. 2017 Region 23 Champions!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

EasternDspy
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 11086
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: This will be an amazing year!!

Post by EasternDspy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:19 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:38 am
Glad you are excited but I gotta admit. You gave me a good laugh.
Drew Pastuer has Shenandoah at (5-5) and they are talking state title.

tomcat fan
All Conference
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:10 pm

Re: This will be an amazing year!!

Post by tomcat fan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:47 pm

EasternDspy wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:19 pm
Orange and Brown wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:38 am
Glad you are excited but I gotta admit. You gave me a good laugh.
Drew Pastuer has Shenandoah at (5-5) and they are talking state title.
Drew Pasteur also has Nelsonville going 10-0 and Trimble 7-3 so take that with a grain of salt
Go Cats, Go Buckeyes

greygoose
All State
Posts: 1412
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: This will be an amazing year!!

Post by greygoose » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:37 pm

Yeah it's all just grains really until we start to see the season unfold.

mondayamqb
Freshman Team
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: This will be an amazing year!!

Post by mondayamqb » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Honestly, it's no different than fans/experts on here spouting off predictions and speculating on things they do not know. At this time of year, one should show some optimism. Good thing is - it does not matter. The games are decided on the field.

Post Reply