Indications Point To The Elimination Of The High School Football Kickoff

79Tiger
All Conference

Re: Indications Point To The Elimination Of The High School Football Kickoff

Post by 79Tiger »

I've seen just as many big hits on punts than I have on kickoff returns, probably more. The punt returner is on an island by themself and a perfectly timed defender can really lay a hit on them. Makes no sense to me. Soon it will be 7 on 7 because the less players on the field, the less injuries. That is the kind of logic we are dealing with.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

During the kick off everyone on the field has to have a flag. No one is to tackle on the kick off.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Booooooooooooooooooo!

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

As much as I love every aspect of the game, especially the kicking game, I can understand getting rid of kickoff. But when you think about the other side of it, not the injury aspect, but the point where it could possibly change the game it could be really controversial. A KOR that sparks a team or allows a team to win by just a few points will be completely gone, it will definitely be interesting to see where it turns up. I remember NY Beat meigs a few years ago, won by 1 score and the Arnold boy took 2 kickoffs back for a TD

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

OSU22 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:32 am As much as I love every aspect of the game, especially the kicking game, I can understand getting rid of kickoff. But when you think about the other side of it, not the injury aspect, but the point where it could possibly change the game it could be really controversial. A KOR that sparks a team or allows a team to win by just a few points will be completely gone, it will definitely be interesting to see where it turns up. I remember NY Beat meigs a few years ago, won by 1 score and the Arnold boy took 2 kickoffs back for a TD
Don't forget about the onside kick or pooch kick trying to get ball back when trailing in a game.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Frank Reagan wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:46 pm
OSU22 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:32 am As much as I love every aspect of the game, especially the kicking game, I can understand getting rid of kickoff. But when you think about the other side of it, not the injury aspect, but the point where it could possibly change the game it could be really controversial. A KOR that sparks a team or allows a team to win by just a few points will be completely gone, it will definitely be interesting to see where it turns up. I remember NY Beat meigs a few years ago, won by 1 score and the Arnold boy took 2 kickoffs back for a TD
Don't forget about the onside kick or pooch kick trying to get ball back when trailing in a game.
Yes Exactly! So what, will onside kicks be the only kickoffs allowed?

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Frank Reagan wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:46 pm

Most important point right here. I really hope the don't abolish the kickoff it's been a staple to football at all levels

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:00 pm I've seen just as many big hits on punts than I have on kickoff returns, probably more. The punt returner is on an island by themself and a perfectly timed defender can really lay a hit on them. Makes no sense to me. Soon it will be 7 on 7 because the less players on the field, the less injuries. That is the kind of logic we are dealing with.
Kind of my thoughts on it, but more so from the big blocks that kids lay on another kid who is covering the punt. They've put in the no crack back rule but it still can happen and as long as the kids hands is up when he hits him they don't consider it crack back. Punt thought I'd say I've seen bigger hits on and that's just because of the guys covering it getting blindsided by someone on the punt return team.

Return to “Football”