Green 54 Dohn Community 14

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Re: Green 54 Dohn Community 14

Post by BleedGreen »

Green played outstanding last night.. Been saying all year that if Green’s athletes come out to play football they will have a great year.. Scary to think they have about 10 more boys in the school that if played they would be extremely hard to beat this year and 3 years down the Road.... Green sports are on the right track Go Bobcats

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Re: WK1 2018 Dohn Community @ Green

Post by gridironfan »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:25 am
gridironfan wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:28 pm
hoot wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:33 pm Hard to tell. If Dohn has fast ,strong kids they will win big. You never can tell how those charter schools turn out though.. haven’t heard anything about them ..

Our boys are equally as strong and fast... we’ll have an opportunity to compete if we can stay healthy.
Knowing nothing about an inner city Cincinnati school you can say without a doubt that Green is "equally as strong and fast"? To me that is a reach.

Yes... yes, I can. No reaching here, just facts. We were bigger, faster, and much stronger. And that’s from them inner city furnace boys.

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

BleedGreen wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:08 am Green played outstanding last night.. Been saying all year that if Green’s athletes come out to play football they will have a great year.. Scary to think they have about 10 more boys in the school that if played they would be extremely hard to beat this year and 3 years down the Road.... Green sports are on the right track Go Bobcats

We have all the boys we need. I agree the “others” could have helped before but not now. They’re not ready, they’re not made out of the same material as our boys are now. These football boys have actually put in the necessary work... they’ve paid the price.
Last edited by gridironfan on Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Re: WK1 2018 Dohn Community @ Green

Post by gridironfan »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:10 pm
gridironfan wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:28 pm
hoot wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:33 pm Hard to tell. If Dohn has fast ,strong kids they will win big. You never can tell how those charter schools turn out though.. haven’t heard anything about them ..

Our boys are equally as strong and fast... we’ll have an opportunity to compete if we can stay healthy.
If Green is as strong and fast as any urban public in Ohio, then they should not only win this game but also cruise to week 11.

Not saying that FF Green can't win this one, but if they do... well, it's going to be because they out-schemed Dohn and played their assignments better.

If we stay healthy we should have an opportunity for success. No out-scheming... our line just owned both sides of the ball. We were better in every phase of the game. No luck involved. That was a result of hard work and these young men starting to dedicate themselves to the program.

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Post by BigLeagueChew »

Where can I find a Green roster?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Nice to see Green get the win.

Green_05
Riding the Bench

Post by Green_05 »

gridironfan wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:35 am
BleedGreen wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:08 am Green played outstanding last night.. Been saying all year that if Green’s athletes come out to play football they will have a great year.. Scary to think they have about 10 more boys in the school that if played they would be extremely hard to beat this year and 3 years down the Road.... Green sports are on the right track Go Bobcats

We have all the boys we need. I agree the “others” could have helped before but not now. They’re not ready, they’re not made out of the same material as our boys are now. These football boys have actually put in the necessary work... they’ve paid the price.
Those boys haven't paid any price it's just a game...go to war now that's paying the price.. we are talking about young adults the only price they pay is getting up early for school so quit being the big shot...yes green is doing good and yes I hope they have a awesome season so my rants over

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Great Job, now go get win number 2.

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

[/quote]
Those boys haven't paid any price it's just a game...go to war now that's paying the price.. we are talking about young adults the only price they pay is getting up early for school so quit being the big shot...yes green is doing good and yes I hope they have a awesome season so my rants over
[/quote]

You want to use war as a comparison in a high school football forum. Not sure there is much validity in that argument.. that is war and this is a high school football forum. So, not even close to the same... And "big shot", I can assure you I am not. I am a very humble but passionate person.

And maybe my reference to paying the "price" could be a little better defined. These young men got up early for 7 and 8 am weights. They came in with an awesome attitude worked hard and sacrificed their time and energy for not only their benefit but also for that of their teammates. They continue to do so daily and with zero complaint. Our young men get up and go to school, earn good grades, stay out of trouble, and then go to practice for two hours four days a week. They have not missed since January... they take pride in putting the program on their backs, so they can say they helped right the ship after such a long time of bad times.

No, they may not be fighting wars, they may not be husbands with families to feed and no they do not have to pay the "price" in real world terms. I would like to think though that the "price" they are paying in terms of high school football will some day serve as an excellent starting point of working hard and sacrificing for someone else, like their future families.

And I do agree that this is just a game but this game is just one of only a few that will truly help prepare these young men for real life when they actually do have to pay the real "price". Whether that price is protecting or providing for others, the game of football is a great way to begin learning and seeing that working hard, being committed to others, and not quitting when it gets tough will and does pay off.

Now, my rant is over (Sorry, I warned you I was passionate) ... On to the next one. Only goal now is 2-0.

Green_05
Riding the Bench

Post by Green_05 »

I'm rooting for green dont get me wrong it just bugged me that you would say they paid the price when it is volunteer to play I graduated in 1991 from green I was a starter for the 89-90 green football team and I received scholarships to D1 schools but I didn't pay any price it was all fun and that's what it should be is fun

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Winning is always fun.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Probably won't get a good idea of green until week 3 against West union club. Always good to see a win just not a true measuring stick yet.

Return to “Football”