Portsmouth West 13 Portsmouth 0

SiderBlood
All Conference

Portsmouth West 13 Portsmouth 0

Post by SiderBlood »

Portsmouth coming off a high scoring shootout win , West coming off the blowout.

Rivalry game for starts. A lot of emotion on the field for this one. I think Portsmouth starts off strong. I could see this being a close game at halftime. A lot like last year in that regard. But in the end I think west wins this one by 2-3 scores. Was a little worried about what West would bring to the table with losing basically the entire line. And south point was not the strongest of oppenents . But what I did see was a swarming defense , that is in amazing shape. That will absolutely fly to the ball , and play that great brand off west foootball that means coming up and laying the smack down . Into the second quarter you could already see the south point kids stopping and anticipating the contact . Portsmouth has that high skill set players but I think west’s defense is too much. West 29–12

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
West Side Pride
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth Vs Portsmouth West

Post by West Side Pride »

I believe West also, but always need to know where Talon is lining up. Portsmouth is a good and up coming team like the old, power I
with 1 or 2 split and will run with a lead. There defense needs work and doesn't tackle well which is gonna be a nightmare for them when
Garrett's number is called. I'll take west in a close one.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Should be a lot rushing yards in this game

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

West Side Pride wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:05 pm I believe West also, but always need to know where Talon is lining up. Portsmouth is a good and up coming team like the old, power I
with 1 or 2 split and will run with a lead. There defense needs work and doesn't tackle well which is gonna be a nightmare for them when
Garrett's number is called. I'll take west in a close one.
Parker is a stud from what I’ve heard. I know the west coaching staff long enough now , and fully trust they will make any adjustments needed to atleast keep him from having a break out game . Really Portsmouth’s apparent lack of defense is what I think desides this game. Arm tackles will not work

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
MountaineerMan2018
Waterboy

Post by MountaineerMan2018 »

Hard to judge where this West team is at in my opinion right now due to not being challenged week 1. We do know though if Portsmouth continues playing defense how they did week 1 it could be a long week for the Trojans. However, I've heard they have a great running back in Parker. I think Portsmouth comes out with a chip on their shoulder after last years loss to West and I think they pull one out.
Trojans-28
West- 21

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Parker is a heck of a back. And he has guys like Boehm blocking for him.
West has a good defense, especially against the run. If Portsmouth doesn't have a great passing game it will be easier to keep Parker in check, but tackling him on that fast track is still gonna be difficult and West hasn't had much luck playing at the Coliseum.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

MountaineerMan2018 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:07 am Hard to judge where this West team is at in my opinion right now due to not being challenged week 1. We do know though if Portsmouth continues playing defense how they did week 1 it could be a long week for the Trojans. However, I've heard they have a great running back in Parker. I think Portsmouth comes out with a chip on their shoulder after last years loss to West and I think they pull one out.
Trojans-28
West- 21
Valley scored 40 against the Trojans. West is better offensively than the Indians and a lot better on defense.
West wins this by a few scores.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Don't think Parker gets 300+ yards rushing on the West defense. Maybe 150. I think West wins in a close one.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Should be a lot of yards

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK2 Portsmouth West @ 1-0 Portsmouth

Post by greygoose »

That West defense will key Parker for sure and the have the personnel to slow him down. Trojans defense is suspect and I think West takes this one by 2 scores.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

West takes this one.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

I think West defense is too strong.

West 35
Portsmouth 21

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

This is to me the toughest game on Portsmouth’s schedule. We win this the sky is the limit. Valley was very small so we pushed them around a bit. This game will be a lot harder. Parker won’t get 300 but we showed a lot of weapons we could use. My heart says Portsmouth but gut says west. If Trojans defense doesn’t give up 40 points I think they pull it out. I expect a low scoring game. West is big and hit hard. Trojan line can expect better opponents on the lines.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth must play better this week against the Senators........if the Trojan defense doesn't tighten up, West will win the game. The PHS offense can't be expected to carry this team week in and week out. It did vs. Valley, but West will prove to be a tougher opponent than the Indians.

The Trojans are very capable of winning this game..........GO TROJANS!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I don’t see this one even being close. Portsmouth don’t have a defense. West valley wins by a few scores..

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

This will tell us a lot about the West Defense. I believe they win handily but am curious to see the stat sheet after this one.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Parker is the talk at PHS. Being overlooked are a couple of really good lineman, one I believe being recruited by MSU.

Parker will get his yards but I feel as though West is the overall better team.

I think this is closer than many think.

West 28
PHS 21

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Hiding in the bushes

Inmyopinion
Waterboy

Post by Inmyopinion »

I believe west has a decent running game also. Should be a good game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

What is the record between these two schools in the last 10 years? I know in the past they have had some pretty spirited games.

Return to “Football”