Ironton 16 Russell KY 7

Game day
All State

Re: WEEK 2 IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS @ RUSSELL, KY. RED DEVILS

Post by Game day »

Way too many penalties. Fairland will be a test for the Tigers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to the young fighting tigers last night. and congrats to the staff on their 1st of many wins to come. hard to tell if we were sleep walking after the burg game listening to it or not. but burg came out flat against a very solid Hartley team and got spanked and respanked by Hartley by like 30 points. I have no fingernails left after listening to this one. and drank a 1/2 gallon of luzianne sweet tea listening. but this game literally came down to the final seconds. and the young tigers are gaining very valuable playing time because of being young. way too many penalties as in the burg game. that can't happen next week with the fairland dragons as they knocked off the Athens bulldogs last night.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:11 am What did the offense consist of tonight for Ironton. They got shut out? That’s hard to believe.
JOLLY, SOMETIMES YOU SLAY ME. YOU GUYS GET SMASHED BY HARTLEY, AND IRONTON WON IN A CLOSE GAME MANY THOUGHT WE'D WIN BY A LOT MORE. IT SEEMS BOTH TEAMS CAME OUT LETHARGIC AFTER LAST WEEK. BUT THAT IT TACKY AS A FLYSTRIP COMING ON AN IRONTON SITE AND TEASING A TIGER TEAM THAT WON, WHILE YOU GUYS GOT SLAPPED ABOUT THE HEAD AND FACIAL AREA, BY 30 SOME POINTS. ==================== THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT. BELIEVE ME FIGHTING TIGER FANS SHOULD BY ALL RIGHTS BE ON YOU GUYS LIKE BUTTERFLIES ON A FRESH DOGPILE AFTER THE CRAP THEY HAVE ENDURED FROM BURG POSTERS. FORTUNATELY YOU 6/7 CLOWNS THAT POST DISRESPECTIVELY ABOUT BURG AND THEIR OPPONENTS ARE NOT A TRUE REFLECTION OF BURG FANS AS A WHOLE. BECAUSE I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND THEM TO BE GREAT SPORTS AND DOWN TO EARTH PEOPLE. TIGER FANS HAVE MORE CLASS THAN TO GET ON YOUR TOPIC AND JUST LAY THE WOOD TO YOU ALL AFTER AN EMBARRESSING PIRATE SHOWING.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

13 penalties wow!! awful. at least the second half got cleaned up ..... someone want to explain to me why the fosson kid is not running the ball?? and on offense who ever is calling plays seems clueless, no clear attack plan. had salyers roll out to his left several times to pass.... that means throwing across his body ,,, not good idea

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:36 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:11 am What did the offense consist of tonight for Ironton. They got shut out? That’s hard to believe.
JOLLY, SOMETIMES YOU SLAY ME. YOU GUYS GET SMASHED BY HARTLEY, AND IRONTON WON IN A CLOSE GAME MANY THOUGHT WE'D WIN BY A LOT MORE. IT SEEMS BOTH TEAMS CAME OUT LETHARGIC AFTER LAST WEEK. BUT THAT IT TACKY AS A FLYSTRIP COMING ON AN IRONTON SITE AND TEASING A TIGER TEAM THAT WON, WHILE YOU GUYS GOT SLAPPED ABOUT THE HEAD AND FACIAL AREA, BY 30 SOME POINTS. ==================== THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT. BELIEVE ME FIGHTING TIGER FANS SHOULD BY ALL RIGHTS BE ON YOU GUYS LIKE BUTTERFLIES ON A FRESH DOGPILE AFTER THE CRAP THEY HAVE ENDURED FROM BURG POSTERS. FORTUNATELY YOU 6/7 CLOWNS THAT POST DISRESPECTIVELY ABOUT BURG AND THEIR OPPONENTS ARE NOT A TRUE REFLECTION OF BURG FANS AS A WHOLE. BECAUSE I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND THEM TO BE GREAT SPORTS AND DOWN TO EARTH PEOPLE. TIGER FANS HAVE MORE CLASS THAN TO GET ON YOUR TOPIC AND JUST LAY THE WOOD TO YOU ALL AFTER AN EMBARRESSING PIRATE SHOWING.
No Bait. Don’t start all that caps lock BS on me. I asked a serious question. I didn’t think that would happen given the way they were able to move the ball against Burg.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

eagle one wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:25 am 13 penalties wow!! awful. at least the second half got cleaned up ..... someone want to explain to me why the fosson kid is not running the ball?? and on offense who ever is calling plays seems clueless, no clear attack plan. had salyers roll out to his left several times to pass.... that means throwing across his body ,,, not good idea
I agree about Fosson, he only had 2 carries for 9 yards

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:40 am
No Bait. Don’t start all that caps lock BS on me. I asked a serious question. I didn’t think that would happen given the way they were able to move the ball against Burg.
AND YOU GOT A SERIOUS ANSWER.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:53 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:40 am

AND YOU GOT A SERIOUS ANSWER.
Actually, you didn’t answer anything. You went off on one of your YTB tirades. No one is being disrespectful but you. I’m sorry you’re so sensitive. God forbid anyone ask a question. It wasn’t stated previously in the thread. I wanted to know. I asked. Got an answer and some sappy shpeel about nothing. That’s it. End of story.

Osu fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu fan »

Good win for the Tigers! Come from behind to beat a good Russell squad after a gritty showing last week vs Burg. Looks like the Pendleton hire is proving to be a good one. Go Big I

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

eagle one wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:25 am 13 penalties wow!! awful. at least the second half got cleaned up ..... someone want to explain to me why the fosson kid is not running the ball?? and on offense who ever is calling plays seems clueless, no clear attack plan. had salyers roll out to his left several times to pass.... that means throwing across his body ,,, not good idea
Doesn't matter which direction you roll as long as you do it fundamentally sound you're not throw across your body unless you're throwing back across middle of the field. Coaches don't have QB rolling dominate hand side every time that's why they're taught both ways. So your argument is flawed, as far as fosson maybe they went into the game the game thinking wasn't best option who knows.

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Osu fan wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:28 am Good win for the Tigers! Come from behind to beat a good Russell squad after a gritty showing last week vs Burg. Looks like the Pendleton hire is proving to be a good one. Go Big I
Russell gave up 41 points to Greenup in a little over 3 quarters.

Wheelersburg was a good effort, but easily could have been a runaway at the half had Wheelersburg showed any patience offensively. Ironton did show fight though for 4 quarters.

The offense has scored 1 legit td in 8 quarters against 2 teams that have given up big points to other teams.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

A win is a win boys. Unioto fans know about winning ugly. Seems like you are making a turn in the right direction. Just have to coach them up and fans keep supporting the team. Ohio high school football is better when ironton is winning.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TCat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:22 pm
Osu fan wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:28 am Good win for the Tigers! Come from behind to beat a good Russell squad after a gritty showing last week vs Burg. Looks like the Pendleton hire is proving to be a good one. Go Big I
Russell gave up 41 points to Greenup in a little over 3 quarters.

Wheelersburg was a good effort, but easily could have been a runaway at the half had Wheelersburg showed any patience offensively. Ironton did show fight though for 4 quarters.

The offense has scored 1 legit td in 8 quarters against 2 teams that have given up big points to other teams.
Greenup County is for real this year, they’v Been down for awhile but not this year. They’ve averaged 49 Points a game for their first 3 games. The play Raceland this week, should be a dandy.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:46 am
Doesn't matter which direction you roll as long as you do it fundamentally sound you're not throw across your body unless you're throwing back across middle of the field. Coaches don't have QB rolling dominate hand side every time that's why they're taught both ways. So your argument is flawed, as far as fosson maybe they went into the game the game thinking wasn't best option who knows.
Fosson had been sick during the week and I believe there were a few others also.

I really think that the coaches and players are still learning.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

a very solid win for the fighting tigers.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Ironton 16 Russell KY 7

Post by mattash »

Ironton 16 Russell KY 7

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

I believe the conditioning Ironton did this summer paid off in spades on this steamy night at Ivan McGlone Field. Tigers were still fresh in the fourth quarter and the Devils seemed fatigued.

Ironton - 16 Russell- 7

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

Game day wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:50 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:46 am
Fosson had been sick during the week and I believe there were a few others also.

I really think that the coaches and players are still learning.
sick would explain a lot, seems like like they are drawing it up in the dirt... need an identity on offense are we a pass team are we a run team? balance would be great but i hate rolling a righty the wrong way

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I think it is time for the coaches to address the personality issues on the team. A few of these players believe it is all about them and not the team. I would sit some of them and that would get their attention.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Care to elaborate OSU77?

Return to “Football”