Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

fbnut
SEOP

Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by fbnut »

goburg696 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:02 am i am a lifetime burg fan, however this year I am highly disappointed. We scheduled way to hard. i have also heard rumors of Portsmouth west forfeiting every game just to have practice time for week 10. I expect bishop Hartley to beat us so bad we will be crying for our mommas, and the same for portsmouth west. gonna be a hard year for the burg.
Can always pick out the newbies

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

FalconFan8 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:10 am Burg is losing big time in this one. Their seniors are too full of them self after winning state. I say the score will be 52-14.
Can always pick out the newbies

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I'm no Burg fan I admit that but I will be rooting for them this week Ironton gave them a fight and being the first game of the season seeing both teams make mistakes is to be expected.
Why ? Because it is a rivalry kids get hyped want to show what they have get anxious and make mistakes many things can factor into the first game of the season.
I expect Burg to be better this week and fix the little things.
Yes they are playing a Columbus school but they are close in size even if not in the same division.
Burg is a well coached and athletic team and one not to be over looked.
They beat Ironton and yes if the ball bounced different it would have been a closer score but the fact is Wheelersburg was better than Ironton week one and both teams will improve through out the season.
I believe the Burg will win this one in the 6-10 point range if they jump out quick it could be more but I see Burg winning.
Columbus school or not and I give them props for the scheduling Ironton played DeSales many times and they was tough and it was close a many a game but they helped for the playoffs.
That is the key prepare for the real games and these games win or lose can only help.
Good Luck Burg

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

FalconFan8 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:10 am Burg is losing big time in this one. Their seniors are too full of them self after winning state. I say the score will be 52-14.
Your delusional if u think that burg is gonna get best that bad

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Hartley 38 The Burg 14

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:04 pm Hartley 38 The Burg 14
Flip that around and you will have it.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

I read this before every mission on my deployments. Sounded fitting before the pirates go to war with the hawks!! GO BURG!!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:20 pm 1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

I read this before every mission on my deployments. Sounded fitting before the pirates go to war with the hawks!! GO BURG!!

Very nice. GO BURG!!!

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Dont know how this game is going to go because I dont know what Hartley has this year, but Ive seen Burg in both scrimmages and last week, and they arent the same team that fans want or think they have. How could they be? Salyers, Carter, Stidham, Holden and Matthews are great players but they lost a ton from last year. Those that know would say Wheelersburg lost their best players, regardless of Salyers and Holdens stats. You dont replace an entire offensive and defensive line, Lowery let alone Carmicheal and Reyes and are the same team. The coaches know this. Unfortunately a lot of the fans and parents dont know this. If Wheelersburg wins tonight they will be 10-0 again this year for sure. Should be an interesting game.

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

AHM wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:23 am Dont know how this game is going to go because I dont know what Hartley has this year, but Ive seen Burg in both scrimmages and last week, and they arent the same team that fans want or think they have. How could they be? Salyers, Carter, Stidham, Holden and Matthews are great players but they lost a ton from last year. Those that know would say Wheelersburg lost their best players, regardless of Salyers and Holdens stats. You dont replace an entire offensive and defensive line, Lowery let alone Carmicheal and Reyes and are the same team. The coaches know this. Unfortunately a lot of the fans and parents dont know this. If Wheelersburg wins tonight they will be 10-0 again this year for sure. Should be an interesting game.
We didn't replace the entire O-Line

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I will bet the Hawks run the ball most of the time and their QB will be a player, who runs it a lot and he will be faster than he looks.
This seems to be a thing I have noticed a lot, when ever I have watched them play.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

langra wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:41 am
AHM wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:23 am Dont know how this game is going to go because I dont know what Hartley has this year, but Ive seen Burg in both scrimmages and last week, and they arent the same team that fans want or think they have. How could they be? Salyers, Carter, Stidham, Holden and Matthews are great players but they lost a ton from last year. Those that know would say Wheelersburg lost their best players, regardless of Salyers and Holdens stats. You dont replace an entire offensive and defensive line, Lowery let alone Carmicheal and Reyes and are the same team. The coaches know this. Unfortunately a lot of the fans and parents dont know this. If Wheelersburg wins tonight they will be 10-0 again this year for sure. Should be an interesting game.
We didn't replace the entire O-Line
Okay, sorry. I should have said "You dont replace an entire offensive EXCEPT HAYWOOD line and defensive line..."

I stand corrected.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Best of luck tonight to Wheelersburg!

Tonight the Burg is the word.

Burg 21
Hartley 17

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Scrimmage 1 : win
Scrimmage 2 : win
First game : win

Where's the problem? People want to use unproven facts to base their opinions. No one knows what this team will or wont be at the end of the year. They blew out Russell with their ones. They beat Ironton by three scores against an improved Ironton team. Why even compare them to last year's team? It's not like state titles are easy to come by. Geez.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:10 am
Scrimmage 1 : win
Scrimmage 2 : win
First game : win

Where's the problem? People want to use unproven facts to base their opinions. No one knows what this team will or wont be at the end of the year. They blew out Russell with their ones. They beat Ironton by three scores against an improved Ironton team. Why even compare them to last year's team? It's not like state titles are easy to come by. Geez.
Agree 100%. State titles are not easy to come by. State Titles require tremendous work and some luck. Heck, when Burg started the last drive to tie in regulation, on the first play, the ball was almost picked, tipped, fumbled and recovered. The game would have been over if just one of those did not go in favor of The Burg.

It's one play at a time, and I fully expect Burg to make the most of every inch, every play tonight. Close game that i think comes out in Burg's favor.

GO BURG!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

goburg696 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:02 am i am a lifetime burg fan, however this year I am highly disappointed. We scheduled way to hard. i have also heard rumors of Portsmouth west forfeiting every game just to have practice time for week 10. I expect bishop Hartley to beat us so bad we will be crying for our mommas, and the same for portsmouth west. gonna be a hard year for the burg.
Wow thank God that you are not a coach or a player , do us a big favor stay Home and do not come to any games the remainder of this year and if you can please move out of Burg, we do NOT need any of these negative thoughts , not acceptable HERE!! :roll:

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

playing a tough schedule is basically a double edge sword.
It can prepare you for the post season or destroy any postseason dreams.
I believe Wheelersburg has a nice schedule to work with one not to tough to compete with 10-0 is possible 9-1 most definitely.
They are not scheduling teams with 100 kids on the roster or more they are staying well within a mix that can help them.
Yes it is a catholic school so is Portsmouth ND so is Ironton St.Joe .
Along with 100's of other schools in the state.
Go Burg and get that win.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Good Luck Pirates!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Sport Fan wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:19 pm
Wow thank God that you are not a coach or a player , do us a big favor stay Home and do not come to any games the remainder of this year and if you can please move out of Burg, we do NOT need any of these negative thoughts , not acceptable HERE!! :roll:
I agree. For a so called burg fan ur post is pretty sad. We don't need any fans like u. We already get hate and doubt from all across the state

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

Hartley by several scores.