Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

Otto
JV Team

Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by Otto »

callie15 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:20 am This game will do nothing, other than let them know they are not that good this year. Possible no playoffs this year. Giving up 50 points says it all. Madison would beat them badly.
Please. No playoffs? What a joke. Burg could probably go 6-4 and STILL make the playoffs. Hartley got crushed last week by TCC. Does that mean they are "not good this year"? It's all relative to who you play in your division.

And Madison? Unless they've added a passing game to their offense (which I doubt), I'm still taking Burg in a head-to-head matchup.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

There is no way burg misses the playoffs lol. They are the favorite to win there region. I think it’s a mix of ppl that are just trying to stir the pot and others that are just unintelligent. This loss means nothing as far as playoffs. If every play came out healthy all this can do is motivate those kids even more. It won’t be a good year for teams on their schedule now lol. I predict 9-1 with little to no challenges till playoffs.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:54 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:42 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 am Hartley is bigger, faster, stronger in all aspects of the game....all.
Burg will be competitive, but a 7pt loss to Hartley should be a morale victory idc if you won state last year.
^^^
This

He’s just worried that his Cavaliers will get there azz handed to them even worse here in a few weeks. From what I saw of Chilli on the Burg scrimmage they are in for a LONG night.

You got me!!! :D
All perspective I guess I heard Cavs handled their own. And did so last year too.

As for Hartley we are going to get crushed. Difference in realisitic fans!!!
Rumor has it Burg is gonna play OSU next year. And you’ll think you have a shot! Lollllllll

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:09 pm

^^^
This

He’s just worried that his Cavaliers will get there azz handed to them even worse here in a few weeks. From what I saw of Chilli on the Burg scrimmage they are in for a LONG night.

All perspective I guess I heard Cavs handled their own. And did so last year too.

Rumor has it Burg is gonna play OSU next year. And you’ll think you have a shot! Lollllllll
I got yelled at for saying they played good . Alota sensitive people today

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

There he goe again, can’t get a sentence out without Burg this or Burg that! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:32 pm There he goe again, can’t get a sentence out without Burg this or Burg that! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yea..on a Burg forum! Lol

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

I know, ain’t that crazy! You’re a chilli guy but you are ALWAYS here! :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

^^^
This

Like I've said on here before, every time Burg team that takes the field or court believe they are going to win the game. Not being cocky, just confident!!! Burg fans have always been the same way. How many times last year during the playoffs was Burg down and came back and won the game? I believe 4 out of the 5 games and when we Burg fans got on here once the Burg was down and read the "told you so's" and "I knew Burg couldn't hang with this team or that team" it just got old so when you came on here and started bashing the Burg, yeah Burg fans defended our team and WE all believed they could win, so you all can sit back and take this Burg loss in and pound your chest and say "I told you so" until you are blue in the face because this just means the Burg now starts another winning streak. I don't see them losing another game in the regular season. Playoffs will be tougher but once again Burg will rise up to that challenge. Just sit back and take notes on how it's done!

POWER OF ONE!!!!!!!

Probably won't next year against the Bucks, but possible this year if we played them :D :D

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:23 pm

Like I've said on here before, every time Burg team that takes the field or court believe they are going to win the game. Not being cocky, just confident!!! Burg fans have always been the same way. How many times last year during the playoffs was Burg down and came back and won the game? I believe 4 out of the 5 games and when we Burg fans got on here once the Burg was down and read the "told you so's" and "I knew Burg couldn't hang with this team or that team" it just got old so when you came on here and started bashing the Burg, yeah Burg fans defended our team and WE all believed they could win, so you all can sit back and take this Burg loss in and pound your chest and say "I told you so" until you are blue in the face because this just means the Burg now starts another winning streak. I don't see them losing another game in the regular season. Playoffs will be tougher but once again Burg will rise up to that challenge. Just sit back and take notes on how it's done!

POWER OF ONE!!!!!!!

Probably won't next year against the Bucks, but possible this year if we played them :D :D
Can we take notes from Coldwater and Hartley instead ? 😶

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I am the first to admit when I’m wrong. So here I am!!! I missed this game completely!

Regardless of the outcome, Hartley is not as good as they were last year. But they were better than Wheelersburg. (Or at least on Friday night they were.)

I was surprised Burg’s defense did not hold up better than it did.

I will give Hartley credit. They dominated the first half. Then when Burg challenged them a little in the 3rd quarter, they put their foot back on the pedal and dominated again.

Burg will still win the region and play for a state championship. As long as there are no MAC schools or Columbus schools in their path, they will win.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

TCat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:33 pm I should clarify my post. These are the types of teams Wheelersburg will see in D4 unless they managed to run off enough band kids to stay D5
I saw this on another thread but it’s very interesting that Hartley has seemed to have had more success in D3 than they did in D5

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:41 am
TCat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:33 pm I should clarify my post. These are the types of teams Wheelersburg will see in D4 unless they managed to run off enough band kids to stay D5
I saw this on another thread but it’s very interesting that Hartley has seemed to have had more success in D3 than they did in D5
Hartley has success in DIV. last year was the first year in DIII and they lost in their Reg Final.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:47 am
Hartley has success in DIV. last year was the first year in DIII and they lost in their Reg Final.
I guess a more accurate statement would have been more success in D4 than 5

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Burchfield's first year was 2009. He was relatively new when they were D5.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:58 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:47 am

I guess a more accurate statement would have been more success in D4 than 5
Yes. When they moved to DIV hartleys coach was asked how he felt about it. He said “now we can go win state”. At that time it was ColdH2O who was drumming them. Now if Hartley came back to DV, there would be no contest.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

Post by mattash »

Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:34 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:21 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:07 pm I won’t let Wobycat speak for all fans. 99.9% of posts since the game ended have been very nice to hear actually. It’s been a long time since burg fans have had to post since a loss and most have handled it with class and spoke honest opinions about the outcome
Show me where I said burg was a better team after the game. Fact is burg did have moments in the game that proved they are talented. But they did have 4 turnovers and a dropped touchdown pass. Any burg fan knows we had to play precise football to win the game but but by no means were we man handled like you or any other non Burgfan would suggest. The score was ballooned but pirates did move the ball effectively and did force Hartley to punt a couple times in the game. You sir and the others are just jealous of burgs accomplishments and have used this platform to gloat. Laugh it up but it makes you look weak with that perception.

You got butt hurt when anyone said something about Burg going to lose it wasn’t offensive at all. I stated pure opinion and you threw out some bush league analogies that I tore about like a poor offensive game plan.
Keep saying I am “jealous” all you want but at the end of the day, i and others like Trump knew you were way out matched. You just can’t atand to hear that and it shows in your JUnior Varsity like posts.

Wow congrats you may have got one correct!!! LOL what say you now ?? Will Burg be out matched any other game this year??

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:23 am
123xxx wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:01 am Can’t stand the talk of regional playoff matchups and what a teams record will be after ten weeks, just focus on film this weekend and practice on Monday...getting better each day. “One game at a time.” Guess that’s why they call those folks fan-atics.

On another note, nice to see a local squad challenge themselves to play perennial powerhouse that is always a very tough, well-coached, and talented team. Lots of lessons to be learned against such a spectacular Hartley team.
We are just fans. We don’t coach, we don’t play. We talk about the season and give our opinions. That’s the lay of the land here in SEOPS country.
Yep, most of us work regular jobs, used to play, coached little league, biddy leagues, adult leagues etc. sometimes for decades and enjoy the weekend sports , especially in the fall and winter so I plead guilty as a fan-atic as stated above.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:27 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:34 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:21 pm

Show me where I said burg was a better team after the game. Fact is burg did have moments in the game that proved they are talented. But they did have 4 turnovers and a dropped touchdown pass. Any burg fan knows we had to play precise football to win the game but but by no means were we man handled like you or any other non Burgfan would suggest. The score was ballooned but pirates did move the ball effectively and did force Hartley to punt a couple times in the game. You sir and the others are just jealous of burgs accomplishments and have used this platform to gloat. Laugh it up but it makes you look weak with that perception.

You got butt hurt when anyone said something about Burg going to lose it wasn’t offensive at all. I stated pure opinion and you threw out some bush league analogies that I tore about like a poor offensive game plan.
Keep saying I am “jealous” all you want but at the end of the day, i and others like Trump knew you were way out matched. You just can’t atand to hear that and it shows in your JUnior Varsity like posts.

Wow congrats you may have got one correct!!! LOL what say you now ?? Will Burg be out matched any other game this year??

....No

Return to “Football”